We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Possible Changes to the War Tab?

A lot of people like to track statistics in game. That’s just a fact, and it’s why plugins are so popular. So I feel the war tab provides an important, or least interesting function. Or SHOULD. The current war-tab really needs an overhaul then. I know that the war tab isn’t really a 'critical' issue (so many more need urgent attention imo), some people may not even look at theirs. But I’m sure there are a good number of us that like to keep an eye on certain scores and stats that their toons rack up.

Here is a pic of the current tab. This is the tab of a new BA I made to experience another server. Not much to look at I’m sure, I’d only been playing it a week, but the point is only to illustrate the features and components of the current tab. Freep tabs contain the same information.

Point by point, this is what we get: (in Red, to be changed or scrapped)

Rank/Rank Title/Audacity rating.

Renown/Infamy: Aggregate number of points so far accumulated, as well as progress towards next rank.

Rating: At the moment Rating , in my opinion, is not an interesting or even worthwhile statistic. Ratings now swing/fluctuate so severely, and so quickly, that how 'Ratings' work needs to change in order to serve a worthwhile purpose again. Also, a player’s rating is heavily tied into how many points one receives on a kill, but exactly how this works (currently) is a bit of a mystery.

Kills: Tracks the number of kills you have obtained.

Deaths: Tracks the number of deaths you’ve suffered.

Kills/Deaths: Average number of Kills per death (Kills divided by deaths)

Killing Blows: Number of killing blows acquired.

Kills Above Rating: Number of kills obtained who were above your rating. (Due to the vast swings noted in Ratings as they are atm, this statistic doesn't mean a whole lot anymore).

Kills Below Rating: Number of kills obtained who were below your rating. (Due to the vast swings noted in Ratings as they are atm, this statistic doesn't mean a whole lot anymore).

Highest Rating Defeated: (these days will always be 2,000) (Due to the vast swings noted in Ratings as they are atm, this statistic doesn't mean a whole lot anymore).

It’s my opinion that a lot of this could be changed/updated. Of all the ‘please Turbine could you do this for us’ threads, changing/updating the war tab, although LOW on the list of things we’d like to see improve in the moors, is at least feasible imo, and probably not difficult or expensive to do.

So my revised War Tab would look something like this: (New suggestions?)

Rank/Rank Title/Points, Rank and Points tally (as well as progress bar for next rank) would stay the same. Nothing new needed here.

Rating: (Renown/Infamy points divided by Deaths) - A New Calculation, changed to be the overall points value of a Death, ie to signify number of Renown/Infamy points Per Death: Average benchmark figure might be approx. ~ 1,000. (Revisions may be required to calculate how much renown/infamy would be awarded per kill in a new ratings system). Eg, on a new Tab my BA's rating here would be 645.5

Kills: Keep the same. Tracks the number of kills you have obtained.

Deaths: Keep the same. Tracks the number of deaths you’ve suffered.

Kills/Deaths: (Kills divided by deaths) Keep the same. Average number of Kills per death.

Killing Blows: Keep the same. Number of killing blows acquired.

Killing Blow Ave: (Kills divided by KBs) Average number of Kills to obtain a Killing blow. Eg, on a new Tab my BA's KB average would be 12.0 (I managed to get a KB every 12 kills).

Note on ratings: It may well be that Turbine decided to change the ratings system, and purposefully have it swing this way and that so heavily that it would eliminate the desire by some to star hug. I don't know if that’s the case, but it’s possible (and it’s also possible that it worked). In this case, a new ratings system like the one I propose may put all that back to square one. However, that said, I still think there's something attractive in a system that bestows a ratings curve, the higher echelons of that curve being achievable through hard work, determination, and playstyle. I just don't think it's particularly useful to be 2,000 rated one minute, 600 the next. But that's just my personal opinion.

Others?

There's probably room for more. There are plugins that can record other data, such as below, which may be nice to have incorporated into a new-look War tab.

Most Kills in 24hrs:
    Most Deaths in 24hrs:
    Most KBs in 24 hrs:
    Biggest Damage done by a single attack:
    (against players, not NPCs)
    Biggest Inc damage Received by a single attack:
    (from players not NPCs)
    Biggest Outgoing Heal: (something for healers!) (would include Heals to self)

Perhaps you could mouse-over some of these entries for further information, such as 'You healed Player xxxx for xxxx on dd/mm/yy' etc..

Anyway, there may well be plenty of naysayers to all of this (there usually are), I’m just saying it would be nice if the war tab was improved, and as I've tried to point out there are several ways to do this, or to at least reorganize it.

I like the suggestion!

Would also be nice to see an average of how many NPC's killed per enemy killed... It sure feels like I have to push into enemy-held areas a lot in order to get fights...

Nice to have, not necessary.
    Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // Akthuri r15 LM // Vishus r5 Captain // Curad r10 (active) Mini

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyndor View Post

Biggest Damage done by a single attack:
    (against players, not NPCs)
    Biggest Inc damage Received by a single attack:
    (from players not NPCs)
    Biggest Outgoing Heal: (something for healers!) (would include Heals to self)

Although I'm one of those nabs that's not bothered 'bout their wartabs, I'll have to say these three I'd really like to see added.
    [IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/547875_10152075720742701_46971757_n.jpg[/IMG]
    66 Maggot Street, Grothum, Arador's End, Ettenmoors.
    Laurelin/Landroval/Brandywine.

like it

Love it! would like to see some new changes and stuff that actually matters as well

good post!
    [IMG]http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz274/williamwegertjr/signigture_zps382aa4d5.jpg[/IMG]