We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Mithril Edition

Mithril Edition

Hello everyone
    I am looking to buy a Mithril Edition at $ 10 this is what I have left in my paypl account
    Do you know a reliable website that sells for 10$?
    I think Gamestop is the best place but its now costs $ 20 maybe wil be sale soon?
    What is the difference between "Buy New" to "Buy Download" at Gamestop?
    If i wil buy this edition how i add this to my account without download again the game?

I can only answer the last of your questions.
    When I bought it, (downloadable version) from GameStop, I had to set up a GameStop acct, then, without actually downloading it, I could get the product code from the page where I would have downloaded. (Used copy/paste, as it is a loooooong code)
    I then logged into my Turbine acct, went to Upgrades, and pasted the product code into the required spot.
    This unlocks the content, which is actually already in your game files.

I hope you find this helpful, as stumbling through the process was a bit frustrating for me, as well as for the friends who suffered through it while I was cussing out my computer on TeamSpeak.......

I wouldn't count on it being available for $10 any time soon. When I bought 2 copies for my wife and I, every gamestop store I called said they no longer have the boxed version, and the digital download doesn't ever go on sale. So just count on spending $20.. which is still a good price for what you get.

If you buy it through gamestop (and mithril edition is gamestop exclusive, I wouldn't try to buy it anywhere else), you'll be told to download a program. Inside that program, the mithril edition will be listed, you just have to add the product code or something. No need to redownload it like I tried to do.

I believe the 10 dollar deal was a physical inventory elimination special for boxed version of the Mithril edition. Once the boxes were all sold then Game Stop switched to a pure digital version that is priced at 20 dollars. Physical boxes have two problems:
    1) You have to store them somewhere.
    2) In most places you have to pay taxes periodically on inventory.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    I believe the 10 dollar deal was a physical inventory elimination special for boxed version of the Mithril edition. Once the boxes were all sold then Game Stop switched to a pure digital version that is priced at 20 dollars. Physical boxes have two problems:
    1) You have to store them somewhere.
    2) In most places you have to pay taxes periodically on inventory.
    Originally they sold both boxed and digital versions at the same time. Both versions have occasionally been available for $10 (with normal price being $20).

If there will be another sale in the future of the digital version is something nobody here can answer. Perhaps it will be, perhaps it won't.
    (But $20 for the Mithril Edition is a fairly good deal anyway.)

Quote Originally Posted by ertr View Post
    Originally they sold both boxed and digital versions at the same time. Both versions have occasionally been available for $10 (with normal price being $20).
    As long as there were two versions the prices moved together in synch. I do not believe there have been any 10 dollar sales after the last of the boxes were sold.

The Mithril Edition was a loss leader for Turbine by a sizable margin for the boxed version. This item had a list price of 20 dollars. It included 2,000 Turbine Points (20 dollar value). No company like Game Stop buys a 20 dollar retail box for 20 dollars. Turbine was getting much money.

At 10 dollars for 20 dollars worth of Turbine Points - The Mithril Edition is a great deal. I would not expect Impulse Buy, Game Stop, Turbine ... to be selling this product for the 10 dollars. It is always possible they would do it like the one day sale on Riders of Rohan last year - Friday after Thanksgiving when the expansion was half price. You have to keep looking every day for a special.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

I'd have a snoop about on ebay.

At the end of June, according to an article and screen shot on http://cstm.mymiddleearth.com/2013/0...dition-50-off/, apparently the downloadable version was at $4.99 for a special 50% sale (off of being $9.99 at the time- so a total 75% at the time off the full price). Then it went back up to $19.99 after that sale. I'm not sure how long it lasted. I found that (and some other mentions of the sale) the first time I was looking for information about that edition.

Personally, I'm hoping that it might temporarily go on sale to $9.99 around U.S. Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Monday (end of November). That may be a silly hope, though.
    [color=#48D1CC][b][i]Imladris[/i][/b][/color] - [color=#9370D8]Moravya[/color][color=#FFE4E1][i], 70 Lore-master[/i][/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    I believe the 10 dollar deal was a physical inventory elimination special for boxed version of the Mithril edition. Once the boxes were all sold then Game Stop switched to a pure digital version that is priced at 20 dollars.
    I bought the digital edition twice at Gamestop US for 10$ each.