We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

2 purchases, nothing seems to have happened with my account (Ticket was made)

In part for my own reference, and to post perhaps useful information to others, I will describe my issue here.

- Three days ago I decided to purchase Samwise Gamgi starter pack. The main reason for this was the extra storage space for items.
    The purchase was made with mt Paypal account, I have the receipt, and I also got a purchase verification from Turbine.

I have not yet seen any kind of information in my game profile as to the enhancements I purchased. Got a receipt, though.

- Yesterday I purchased a horse. A Champion Steed, directly in the Store, using Turbine Points. 1995 points.
    While doing the purchase some error message flickered by, did not have time to read it, but the amount was deducted from my account so I assume it was some kind of glitch.

I have yet to see my "Steed of the Champion". Got a receipt, though.

- - -

Now, I have made a support Ticket. I have described my issues, perhaps in lesser details than above, but with registration information and invoice numbers pertaining to each purchase. What I find confusing is the utter lack of instructions on how to proceed or expect with any given purchase. It seems for some items one get a redeem code, for others, you should see alterations to your account ingame (after a restart) but none of that info is available while doing the purchase itself, or in the e-mails with the invoice info.

Would it not be a reasonable request to demand that relevant information on how to get/activate/use the perks you buy, also is available in the invoice or sent out within the context of the purchase?

- About the Samwise Gamgee Pack: if you bought it via the link provided at the top of this page it should have been automatically applied to your account. If you were F2P before this purchase your account should also have changed to premium status. You can check your current account status at the character selection screen above the list of your characters. Another way to check this is rolling a temporary character, logging them in and checking their inventory for a brownish gift-box which should say "Riding Bundle: Bay Steed". With the Samwise Pack you should get that gift-box on all your characters, present and future.
    The additional inventory bag is actually the fourth inventory bag. If you have unlocked the fourth inventory bag in the past (either in the Store or by going VIP) you will NOT receive the fifth or sixth bag instead. You will remain at four bags (or however many you had unlocked before the Samwise purchase).

- As to the Champion Steed: Open your skills panel (default key "K") and bring up the Mounts tab. You'll see a list of all the mounts your character has aquired so far (the Samwise Pack comes with a Bay Steed which will also go here after you've clicked the horse-head item in your inventory). The Champion Steed should be somewhere on this list, probably near the bottom.

If you still can't find something you've bought, I think you should contact Support.

Thanks a lot, Anyelir

if you bought it via the link provided at the top of this page it should have been automatically applied to your account. If you were F2P before this purchase your account should also have changed to premium status.
    Not that I am aware of.

I will check all that later, and as you should have seen in the previous post, I already made a support ticket.

Most of your text, REALLY should be in the item description or purchase info or somewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Malancil View Post
    Not that I am aware of.
    The confusing part is that there is currently two LotRO Markets and that the Samwise Gamgee Pack is available in both of them, but that that the Markets function slightly different from each other.

The new Market (www.store.lotro.com) is where the link at the top of this page goes. When you buy something there, it will automatically be applied to the account you used to log in for the purchase.
    The old Market (www.store.turbine.com) can still be reached by googling for it. Purchases there will give you a code (sent to you by email) which be manually applied to any account.

If you bought the Samwise Pack in the old Market it might be worth checking your email in-box (and spam filter box) for an email that might have your code in it.

I bought it from here: https://store.lotro.com/en/special-offers/

https://store.lotro.com/en/special-o...erpack-bundle/

The Lord of the Rings Online™ is the award-winning free-to-play online game that immerses players in the legendary fantasy world of J.R.R Tolkien. Forge a legend all your own in the epic story of the War of the Ring. From the picturesque surroundings of the Shire to the dark depths of Moria and ancient tower of Isengard, experience an unforgettable journey across the world of Middle-earth for free!

Prepare for your journey through Middle-earth like Samwise Gamgee!

The Bay Steed & Riding Skill

4th Inventory Bag

Currency Cap

Applies to all characters on an account!

If this is your first purchase of a LOTRO product, then you will also be automatically upgraded to a premium account and get 1 Character Slot and 5 Auction House Slots for free!
    Well, I already had a steed, sortof. I do not get the difference, I have "something" I purchased up at the Hengstacer Farm for 200 or 300 silver that allows me to "whistle" for a horse and ride upon. I do NOT have a 4th inventory bag (unless it has to be activated somehow) and I do not have enough currency to see any effect on the currency cap (I think got almost 2 gold or there about), and for the sake of argument I only have one character.

All e-mail is under tight control.
    Last edited by Malancil; Sep 26 2013 at 06:30 AM.

Then it should have been auto-applied to your account.

If you were F2P prior tothis purchase, the most obvious sign your purchase went through should be the addtional character slot that comes with your new-acquired Premium status. If you already were Premium before you bought the Samwise Pack, I'd still recommend creating a temporary character to see if they get the gift-box. (Don't worry, even if this disposable character receives the gift-box, all your other characters will still get it. You've bought an unlimited supply of those gift-boxes; one for each character you have or will ever make.)

Edit to react to your edit: Then I would say there is some kind of problem with your purchase and Support needs to take care of this.

Unless... but this is pretty unlikely if you're a new player... you have more than one subscription (or sub-account) within your account. Then the Samwise pack might have been applied to the wrong subscription. That would still mean that Support would need to take care of the matter.
    After typing in your password on the launcher and before getting to the server-list, do you see another screen on the launcher, one that prompts you to choose a subscription and/or to renew your VIP status? If yes, you might have the Pack attached to the wrong subscription. If no, you only have one subscription on your account and can safely ignore this last paragraph.
    Last edited by Anyelir; Sep 26 2013 at 06:35 AM.

Hi,

• One account. No sub account.
    • One character.
    • Only F2P until I got in to this mess. (my 17 year old daughter has been playing F2P for some weeks and she dragged me in to it...)
    • No additional prompt or screen when logging in, only server list, immediately.

I have not as of yet tested your suggestions in your first post, I will do so in a couple of hours.

Update.

OK, got Premium, see it a loading screen.
    Got the Horse, available exactly as you said, under "K".
    I do not see the brown thing with Bay steed, but that could, in theory, be because I already had one?
    Cap limit, well I dunno, whats the limit? Got 2 gold and 700 odd Silver available.
    Inventory bag number 4, not available, maybe it has to be activated in some obscure location?

I do not see the brown thing with Bay steed, but that could, in theory, be because I already had one?
    No, you should get the gift-box even if you have both the Riding skill and the Bay Steed already. Are there free slots in your inventory bags? If not, try cleaning some out and re-logging. Or maybe the gift-box went to your fourth bag and you didn't notice it yet because you couldn't open the bag? Another possibility is that you already used the gift-box, which would remove it from your inventory and replace it with a piece of paper that will teach you how to ride and an item looking like the head of a horse that will teach you the Bay Steed skill. Maybe you already used the gift-box and forgot about it? (If you're uncertain about this last point, a temporary character could help to clear that up.)

As an aside, you can have as many mounts as you want, just not two of the same type. Having a Steed of the Champion will not prevent you from aquiring a Bay Steed. Having learned the Bay Steed skill prevent you from buying another Bay Steed in-game or using another Bay Steed item you have in your inventory, but it will not prevent the Samwise gift-box from putting an un-usable Bay Steed item into your bags.

Cap limit, well I dunno, whats the limit? Got 2 gold and 700 odd Silver available.
    With the gold cap removed you can have up to 9999 gold 999 silver 99 copper. Trying to hit that limit on a low-level character is somewhat utopic.

Inventory bag number 4, not available, maybe it has to be activated in some obscure location?
    Maybe you're looking in the wrong spot? The bags have a rigid numbering, if you try to open the fifth bag, you won't see your fourth bag by that. Press "I" which is the default key to open ALL available inventory bags or press "STRG + 4" which is the shortcut for the fourth bag.

Well, at least Premium status and the Champion Steed sorted themselves out already, so maybe the rest will as well.

Well, just being Premium would move the cap from 2 gold to 5 gold, so although this makes it clear that you no longer have the F2P gold cap, it's not clear whether you have the Premium gold cap or (as you should) no gold cap. You can't see the difference between those until you have more than 5 gold.

Well, as VIP I had the fourth and fifth bags all along, but when on my first subscription I bought the Riders of Rohan Legendary Edition, which included the sixth inventory bag, the extra bag just appeared on all my characters, with no extra activation step. Then when I bought the sixth inventory bag individually with TP on my second subscription, it again just appeared on all those characters, with no extra activation step. Now neither of those was the Samwise Gamgee pack, so I suppose it's possible it was implemented differently, but this sounds as though something went wrong with how the game registered your purchase.

If so, Turbine should be able to fix it when they get to your support ticket. It's been quite a while since I've had any need to submit a ticket to them, so I'm not sure what the wait time has been like lately. The pattern on tickets is you submit the ticket, receive an automated reply, and have to reply to the automated message before it's passed on to a real person. (A bit annoying, but apparently adding that extra step cuts down on people using support tickets when all they need is answers to some basic questions.) When did you send in your ticket? And did you receive and reply to the automated email?
    Last edited by Niwashi; Sep 26 2013 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwashi View Post
    The pattern on tickets is you submit the ticket, receive an automated reply, and have to reply to the automated message before it's passed on to a real person. (A bit annoying, but apparently adding that extra step cuts down on people using support tickets when all they need is answers to some basic questions.) When did you send in your ticket? And did you receive and reply to the automated email?
    This method serves two useful functions:

1) It makes it impossible for a bot to flood the system with bogus tickets because each ticket has to be activated via a ticket specific email.

2) Turbine gets confirmation that there is a real human on the other end monitoring the email address that was provided in the ticket. Bad email address means that they can't ask questions. Turbine can't provide a written resolution to the problem. Assuming there is a real customer on the other end that wants something fixed who provided a bad email address. The real customer is going to get annoyed at being ignored and put in another ticket.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

The "ticket tech" matter is a bit off topic, so please do not dwell in it. I never got a request to confirm anything (last checked 30 secs ago), only a notification that the ticket was made. Seems Turbine may have done some changes to this and you guys may be explaining outdated functions. Just saying...

I never got around to test all of the suggestions posted here, what I know is still in my last post prior to this one. In particular the 4th inventory bag.
    Yes I know, I mean no disrespect to the good suggestions posted, in particular by Anyelir, but I found myself a tad busy singlehandedly storming WeatherTop and chopping up Wargs and Orcs in the Lone-Lands going up four levels in a couple of hours. Personal record or some...

Got around to create a new character on the same account, actually purchased a Warden Character.

Cannot see 4th inventory bag, nor any steed. Did you not say that my purchase of Samwise Gamgis Starter pack would benefit all my characters?
    No reply to my ticket yet, either.

Sent a reminder on the Ticket.

This is getting annoying.
    Last edited by Malancil; Sep 30 2013 at 02:46 AM.

Angry

Update.
    Still no answer on Ticket. Sent reminder. 3-5 business days have passed!

I have also reached the Currency Cap of 5 Gold, so I am having overflow. This is supposed to be removed with the Samwise Gamgi Starter Pack, as I understand it.

I am not going to pay twice for what I already bought.

Am I really gonna have to call US and be on a phone queue on an international call???

3 Fountain Street, Towerglan, Bree-land Homesteads, Arkenstone, Sweden
    OK, User error, somehow.

As you may see I type this as Marancil with an "R". Somehow it got mixed up in the registration and the login, so I actually had 2 accounts.

I thank you for your support, and apologize for the harsh words. As they say, My Bad, but utterly unintentional.

My ingame character remains Malancil with an "L".