We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Bugs

Bugs

Someone please respond, what the heck is wrong with this game???? I played this game a year ago and then lost it, now i am back using my MAC computer. And a whole bunch of junk is going on. Every time i get into the game peoples names are being replaced by "String error" and dwarfs have there arms randomly out to their sides as if on a cross. Also, when i am killing guards up at the mountains in the begging elf/dwarf part i am unable to enter the caves and do the quest. Someone please tell me what is going on! I used to love this game, still do, but no matter how hard i try i literally cannot play it. quests are being replaced by string errors and i have yet to enter the cave. please respond and fix this! please! i beg you!

Ok, i just payed for the Rune keeper in the game. His powers do not work. every time i try and use his powers the game crashes. Whoever messed with this game you better fix it! i dont care if it was a update that did this or if it is just a prob the the mac download, but you guys better be prepared to fix it or give me my money back
    Last edited by Orion121312; Sep 26 2013 at 12:25 AM.

Everything on this game is tested prior release on Alpha, Close Beta & Open Beta tests. Thats a minimum of 3 times tested but can go as far as 7 times tested. So is not like the intro quests have not beeing tested. I have done the intro many times & i have detected no bugs. Everything looks perfect to me on my computer. Maybe your computer is having issues processing the data. But i insist if you are having so much graphics issues & your pc crashed, is more likely that your pc is having a hard time procesing the game. Not that the game is faulty.

Also starter introduction areas got completely revamped, just dont stray of the quests line & you will be able to go inside the required places when is time.
    The Guards upstairs & by the gate will not let you cross the door until you finish the introduction quests: http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Introduction_Quests . After you are done killing manged bears, evil barguest dogs & corrupted dourhands you have to do the elven twin brothers quest. Then you will have a travelship quest to complete the intro.

Also here you may find help game assistance for your kind of computer: https://www.lotro.com/forums/forumdi...hnical-Support

Rune Keeper skills work, almost too well. I beleive the orcs run in terror when they see my Rune Keeper aproaching on the distance. Just all classes are meant to don't be so epic when they are in the intro. They must train to be good.
    Last edited by YamydeAragon; Sep 26 2013 at 10:18 AM.
    Is this Alternate Playable Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Orion121312 View Post
    Someone please respond, what the heck is wrong with this game???? I played this game a year ago and then lost it, now i am back using my MAC computer. And a whole bunch of junk is going on. Every time i get into the game peoples names are being replaced by "String error" and dwarfs have there arms randomly out to their sides as if on a cross. Also, when i am killing guards up at the mountains in the begging elf/dwarf part i am unable to enter the caves and do the quest. Someone please tell me what is going on! I used to love this game, still do, but no matter how hard i try i literally cannot play it. quests are being replaced by string errors and i have yet to enter the cave. please respond and fix this! please! i beg you!

Ok, i just payed for the Rune keeper in the game. His powers do not work. every time i try and use his powers the game crashes. Whoever messed with this game you better fix it! i dont care if it was a update that did this or if it is just a prob the the mac download, but you guys better be prepared to fix it or give me my money back
    It sounds like you have a corrupted download... where did you get it from?

There are ONLY two download sites -- lotro.com and Steam. The Steam download is preferred because it is DRAMATICALLY faster (and doesn't use PMB). (After downloading, you can ignore the Steam interface.)

Any other download you find via a web search is guaranteed to be garbaged. This is especially true if you are trying to use one of the WINESkin based packages... NONE of them work, they have not been updated. If you don't want to use the Mac Client, you CAN use the full WINE package (or Crossover) and download the PC client into your bottle.

As for the Rune-keeper, they work very well. I have two, one at 82 and the other at 85.

I play using the Mac Client and Crossover (Wine) with the PC client on my iMac 10.8.5.

Minimum OS for the Mac Client is 10.7.5 (Lion).
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden

Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (70)
    Valanne - Beorning (92)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)