We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lightbulb Death of another quest - Baggins' Birthday Musical Crackers

Last weekend we celebrated the birthdays of those two beloved hobbits, Frodo and Bilbo. To spice things up, Turbine created a new set of birthday quests. After travelling from Rivendell to Hobbiton, we all gathered around and listened to stories of Bilbo from various NPCs. The random availability of NPCs every hour is similar to the random Hytbold dailies deeds. And random deed completion is a major component of the keg races and hobbit food races during the Spring festival. Apparently, somebody at Turbine loves this new motif.

Upon completing the deed for listening to all NPCs, we earned the title Chronicler and return to Bilbo in Rivendell where we receive a Scribe's Bookstand as a reward.

So, now we know what Frodo got Bilbo for his birthday. Just out of curiosity, what did Bilbo get for Frodo for his birthday this year?

Although I've been playing this game for almost 6 years, I only learned about Baggins' Birthday event last year. Just in time to get one of the Musical Crackers on all 9 of my alts. Sadly, with the change of Baggins' Birthday quest this year, I cannot get the other musical cracker for my alts. And, to add insult to injury, I now have 9 Scribe's Bookstands. Seriously? What am I going to do with 9 bookstands?

My desire would be that Turbine bring back the musical crackers next year and offer them as alternate reward items. That's the generous hobbity thing to do.
    Gilgorandir, the Elven Hunter - Serving Windfola since November, 2007

and I thought I had a problem getting rid of 3 extra stands...
    I never saw the old quest, only been here since spring. Musical crackers sound neat, I vote with you.