We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Trying to get back into game, but had some questions re: riding, skirmishes

Hey folks!

So I'd like to get back in the game and play more, but I'm having some trouble getting used to some things. Can anyone help answer these questions?

1. What do I do with Mithril Coins, exactly? Do I buy services with these or in-game items?

2. What is this Journeyman riding trait on the LOTRO store about? Someone told me not to bother, so I was wondering if there was a bug or something with it that made it undesirable to have the increased speed.

3. I saw that there was a skirmish sale on the store. I'm currently not playing with a sub, but I do have enough Points to buy some skirmishes. What's worth getting and fun to play?

Thanks again!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000286a1a/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Visit me at my blog, Games and Geekery: [url]http://www.gamesandgeekery.com[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by iamstillwater View Post
    Hey folks!

So I'd like to get back in the game and play more, but I'm having some trouble getting used to some things. Can anyone help answer these questions?

1. What do I do with Mithril Coins, exactly? Do I buy services with these or in-game items?

2. What is this Journeyman riding trait on the LOTRO store about? Someone told me not to bother, so I was wondering if there was a bug or something with it that made it undesirable to have the increased speed.

3. I saw that there was a skirmish sale on the store. I'm currently not playing with a sub, but I do have enough Points to buy some skirmishes. What's worth getting and fun to play?

Thanks again!
    1. Mithril coins have replaced lots of other items. For example all of my revival tomes became 15 mithril coins each, which was nice because it let me do much more useful things with them, like reset daily tasks.

2. I suspect they were telling you that the amount you would be paying just to increase mount speed a little bit is, to the rest of us, ridiculous and only for the highest tier of paying customers. We are talking about the cost of an older expansion pack. And it doesn't affect mounted combat as far as I can make out so once you get that far it doesn't even let you go faster than others.

3. My partner and I actually just finished all the offensive and defensive skirmish encounters so I feel I'm qualified to answer this subjectively. Of the ones you have to buy, I found Storm on Methedras to be the most fun because it has the fastest pace. The Icy Crevasse is the most difficult, at least on Duo. In fact we only ever completed it once because the final battle was so challenging, and kept restarting to complete the encounters. Then again if you like a challenge maybe that is exactly the one you want.