We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 61
  1. #26
    I think it has something to do with Turbine's end. It's not sending all the information your computer needs to display things properly.

    We had this problem earlier in the year, and it looks like its back.

    Perhaps related to the reduced awareness a lot of servers are suffering from (despite not being overloaded).

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,995
    Quote Originally Posted by zariarn View Post
    I created a similar post sometime back. I never got a Blue response back. I haven't seen the problem in awhile though.

    Lots of photos.

    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ssing-Textures
    lol "Raiders of the Lost Ark" = epic!

    But yeah, it would be nice to have a Blue response. Theoretically they read all of these threads -- sure would be nice if they could look into the matter and let us know whether they have any ideas.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

  3. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    lol "Raiders of the Lost Ark" = epic!

    But yeah, it would be nice to have a Blue response. Theoretically they read all of these threads -- sure would be nice if they could look into the matter and let us know whether they have any ideas.


    I was wondering if anyone saw the humor in that photo.

  4. #29
    Best thing to do is keep submitting bug tickets until it's acknowledged.

  5. #30
    I recently came back to try this game again after a long break and noticed this issue in all zones I played throughout the game. I am noticing structures, trees, rocks, flooring, etc being invisible. I have to log out and log back in for everything to appear again. This is a really bad problem and hope they fix this. I can't explore when I'm bumping into invisible objects and walking on invisible bridges. It completely ruins immersion for me. I have tried re-installing the client and changing all the graphical options but still notice the problem. I probably won't play until this is fixed. I am also getting "Reduced Awareness" frequently during late night hours.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    27
    Happens to me as well. Pillars in Moria, staircases, fences, trees, Entire villages in Rohan seem to go missing as well. I fix the problem by entering and leaving any house or doing something that requires a loading screen, but it gets annoying when you are repeatedly ramming your war-horse into invisible walls because a fence isn't loading.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    your mind
    Posts
    3,881
    I just went back and looked, as I grabbed a screenshot first time the floor was missing for me, which was Aug. 15th.

    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

  8. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziane View Post
    Is this caused by DX11, or is it possibly a faulty graphics card? It's really disconcerting to step out in mid-air in Moria. Brain says there's a bridge, but eyes say eeepp!!
    Don't believe it's a DX11 problem. I went through Moria a few months ago and it was one of the best areas for graphical stability. Was in there last night completing an epic quest storyline and there are missing bridges and floors all over the place. Think it must be, as has been said, an issue arising after recent patches as my graphics set up has not been altered. Couldn't happen in a worse place either - some of the drops in the mines are life ending!
    If in danger from Red, Call Glod.....

  9. #34
    I wonder if this has to do with the servers themselves or someone in between them and us. We had that downtime just a short time ago with someone in between that kept us from logging in. I had an invisible wall this morning I had to find the opening in to get through it. These issues just really started for me since 11.4 update as well. Might be time for some more server maintenance or upgrades.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Posts
    1,875
    I started noticing them with 11.3 but they've got progressively worse. It's a huge pain to be running through a field, only to be stopped by an invisible wall, and having to find the way around it. I wonder if it has something to do with the awareness bug, because models and textures aren't loading in until you're right on them with the camera.
    Tarphindiel~Hu~100, Tolella~Mi~86, Ryeberry~Gu~80, Torfrik~Rk~80, Arindis~Be~60
    Meleras~Wd~50, Minethril~Ca~49, Diorwen~Ch~44, Indiria~Lm~38, Alanda~Bu~32
    And Fourteen Other Alts
    Founder of Gladden's "The Fellowship of the Ping"

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,995
    Quote Originally Posted by zariarn View Post
    I was wondering if anyone saw the humor in that photo.
    lol Definitely!

    RJFerret - Whoa! If I was a first-timer through Moria I'd turn around and think I'd just hit a dead-end! How disconcerting it had to be to walk across that.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

  12. #37
    Glad it's not just me. I was experiencing this phasing of scenery all over the place in Moria the other day. Also saw someone swimming around in mid-air inside the Inn in Bywater during the birthday quest, I noticed someone mentioned swimming in mid-air earlier. Looks like they have some things to fix...

    Goreamir - 100 Cap | Jinwe - 88 Hnt | Celebourne - 90 Champ | Humblefoot - 75 Min | Dorfus - 74 Grd | Creonath - 55 Wdn | Stormcraban - 35 LM | Whippit - 35 Brg | Thangadir - 33 RK | Bucksexton - 24 Bng

  13. #38
    Disappearing everything everywhere, at first it was a little bug, now its getting ridiculous!

  14. #39
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    100
    Missing stairs etc happened to my partner and i at carn dum and also annuminas too.
    Kinda freaky having to watch someone else's monitor to make sure we don't fall off a bridge or stair way.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    757
    Same thing in Urugarth. I was walking on acid sea yesterday...

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    South Tyrol, sadly in Italy
    Posts
    4,242
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziane View Post
    Is this caused by DX11, or is it possibly a faulty graphics card? It's really disconcerting to step out in mid-air in Moria. Brain says there's a bridge, but eyes say eeepp!!
    I reported several examples of this bug. Disappearing rocks, stairs and bridges in Moria, trees and rocks in Eregion. The stuff disappears depending on the camer a angle, but is still present in the landscape, the char gets stuck on trees, raindrops are hitting the rock in mid-air.

    It has nothing to do with DX11, it also happens on my Laptop with DX9 and low details (it's not depending on the viewing distance either).
    I guess for Rohan it means a improvement in the framerate, but in the rest of the landscape it's annnoying.


    In the 1st hall I had a very nice Indiana Jones moment. I knew that the bridge over the gap was supposed to be there, so I took a step forward ... and didn't fall. When I slowly turned the camera, the bridge appeared before my eyes.
    Last edited by Neumi; Sep 27 2013 at 03:23 AM.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    1,044
    had the same too last couple of days, sometimes i just can't tell if i will jump into a hole or getting onto stairs... walls not being there, but obviously not being able to go through them... it is getting much worse since last patch... before i had it every now and then... now all the time...
    Flixxer - Hunter - Imladris - 100 R7 ---- Danielleth - Minstrel - Imladris - 22
    Zaireth - Rune-keeper - Imladris - 73 -- Ariannasophia - Warden - Imladris - 14
    Flixxer - Champion - Eldar - 54

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1
    This is getting unplayable and should be fixed ASAP. Staffers should at least acknowledge the problem. Trying to do Moria, and its almost impossible to know whats a gap/drop and what is just missing scenery/a bridge/steps. Constant line of sight issues where you are blocked by invisible walls/pillars/boulders/etc. All happening in the last few weeks with no change in config at my end. Exactly the same issues on my wifes PC next to me. The icon for "reduced awareness" does NOT appear during these issues. UK based player in case this is an internet routing issue following the lock out at beginning of month.

  19. #44
    In any case it is not a directX 9/10/11 specific issue, even in OpenGL objects like to disappear since 11.4.

    Now I've always had the impression the "level of detail" (LoD) calculation is bugged because it already happened before that objects switched to low-res version just a few steps away. Now with the baggin's birthday event I noticed some hobbit buildings being invisible unless I stand on their roof. Other things stay completely invisible until relog. So I think it's a LoD bug, one that possibly has been there since ages, and the changes with 11.3 and 11.4 some memory corruptions like this one start to show more directly, and quite possibly cause(d) the graphics driver crashing too...

    I don't think it has to do anything with the servers, it mostly affects static scenery where I'm almost sure your client will render without remote information (unlike some of the phasing bugs like half of Hytbold missing occasionally, but there entering and leaving a building already fixed it).
    PyLotRO with Python 3.x support and bugfixes: [url]https://github.com/Lynx3d/pylotro[/url]

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    357
    Clearly theres a problem game-wide not user wide, too many threads with reports of this. Turbine will take forever to acknowledge it, thats their typical behavior.
    Im F2P, glad Im not paying for fails like this.
    currently without a home on Elendilmer

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Heywood, Lancs
    Posts
    1,477
    Release Notes

    General


    • Players with specific video cards were experiencing crashes to desktop and Blue/Black screens. This has been resolved.
    This fix is the cause of the current problems

    Prior to U11.4 there was only minor issues that "could happen" to certain GFX Cards

    Now we have MAJOR Issues that are ACTUALLY happening with ALL Cards

    I was in Bree yesterday,
    I ran from Bree West Gate to Prancing Pony to South Gate to Taxidermy Guy to West Gate again

    EVERY Building on the route was missing, I could see all the NPC's and Facilities inside the buildings
    Those buildings with no entry point were just a plot of land
    HAF-X | ROG Crosshair V Formula Z | AMD FX 9370 4.4Ghz Black | 32Gb RAM | R9 290 4Gb (x2) | LG BD-RE | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 550/540 SSD | Win10 Pro | WEI - 8.5

  22. #47
    Hello?
    Also I lag super bad now since this started. I can move and use skills but everything around me is lagged out, but its hard to time stuff when its jumping around.
    YOUR PAL MOXEN, Go pound sand!

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Angbold View Post
    This is getting unplayable and should be fixed ASAP. Staffers should at least acknowledge the problem. Trying to do Moria, and its almost impossible to know whats a gap/drop and what is just missing scenery/a bridge/steps. Constant line of sight issues where you are blocked by invisible walls/pillars/boulders/etc. All happening in the last few weeks with no change in config at my end. Exactly the same issues on my wifes PC next to me. The icon for "reduced awareness" does NOT appear during these issues. UK based player in case this is an internet routing issue following the lock out at beginning of month.
    I'm also seeing this problem, on my account, but not on my son's account on the same PC ?

    I was having this problem on my PC, so I swapped to my laptop, where I was still having the problem, my son then started playing on my PC, and wasn't having a problem, even when we were both in the same area, he'd be seeing buildings I couldn't see.

    I've seen this in the Silvertine City (the Puzzle vault was completely missing), Eregon, and in the Shire.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e00000000160e/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by YouichiHophop View Post
    I'm also seeing this problem, on my account, but not on my son's account on the same PC ?

    I was having this problem on my PC, so I swapped to my laptop, where I was still having the problem, my son then started playing on my PC, and wasn't having a problem, even when we were both in the same area, he'd be seeing buildings I couldn't see.

    I've seen this in the Silvertine City (the Puzzle vault was completely missing), Eregon, and in the Shire.
    I'm having problems with Moria aswell. Being new to Moria it's making navigation a larger challenge than the designers probably envisaged.

  25. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx3d View Post
    In any case it is not a directX 9/10/11 specific issue, even in OpenGL objects like to disappear since 11.4.

    Now I've always had the impression the "level of detail" (LoD) calculation is bugged because it already happened before that objects switched to low-res version just a few steps away. Now with the baggin's birthday event I noticed some hobbit buildings being invisible unless I stand on their roof. Other things stay completely invisible until relog. So I think it's a LoD bug, one that possibly has been there since ages, and the changes with 11.3 and 11.4 some memory corruptions like this one start to show more directly, and quite possibly cause(d) the graphics driver crashing too...

    I don't think it has to do anything with the servers, it mostly affects static scenery where I'm almost sure your client will render without remote information (unlike some of the phasing bugs like half of Hytbold missing occasionally, but there entering and leaving a building already fixed it).
    I think Lynx3d here is close to the root of the problems. To me it also looks like it's a memory corruption on client side. Objects (rocks, bridges, walls etc) start to disappear when i've been in a game for some time and swapping through different regions - that mean when lots of info has been hold in memory. Restarting game (that means flushing memory) fixes problem, so it confirms my theory.

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload