We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

disappearing bridges and stairs in Moria

Is this caused by DX11, or is it possibly a faulty graphics card? It's really disconcerting to step out in mid-air in Moria. Brain says there's a bridge, but eyes say eeepp!!

I've never had that problem, and I always run in DX11. D:

Edit: I just noticed that the docks in Celondim have disappeared. But hey, I can walk on water!
    Last edited by Toramarthen; Sep 25 2013 at 05:35 PM.

I've seen this happen, but not until recently. It's especially amusing when railings are there, but no flooring, so the railings appear to hover.

It never occurred to me to mess with graphic settings, but (*checks now) I am on DX11...but have been ever since I got this laptop, whereas the missing renderings are more recent (and I do return to Moria to mine/farm scholar mats regularly).
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

Quote Originally Posted by RJFerret View Post
    I've seen this happen, but not until recently. It's especially amusing when railings are there, but no flooring, so the railings appear to hover.
    At one point I had textures vanishing and reappearing repeatedly as I stood there in a camp in Angmar. It'd have been much more amusing if I weren't having Line of Sight issues with all of my ranged skills ^_^
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    At one point I had textures vanishing and reappearing repeatedly as I stood there in a camp in Angmar. It'd have been much more amusing if I weren't having Line of Sight issues with all of my ranged skills ^_^
    DX9 here and boulders disappear and draw very late in eregion for me.
    Estellost, loving husband of the wonderful Shinarra

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dworin View Post
    DX9 here and boulders disappear and draw very late in eregion for me.
    This has been happening a lot more frequently as of the last couple of patches. I've run through Bree with maybe half of the buildings and gates appearing. Same in the Shire. If you zoom your camera up super close to them, they'll pop in but when you zoom back out, it disappears again.
    Tarphindiel~Hu~100, Tolella~Mi~86, Ryeberry~Gu~80, Torfrik~Rk~80, Arindis~Be~60
    Meleras~Wd~50, Minethril~Ca~49, Diorwen~Ch~44, Indiria~Lm~38, Alanda~Bu~32
    And Fourteen Other Alts
    Founder of Gladden's "The Fellowship of the Ping"

Quote Originally Posted by LethalLethality View Post
    This has been happening a lot more frequently as of the last couple of patches. I've run through Bree with maybe half of the buildings and gates appearing. Same in the Shire. If you zoom your camera up super close to them, they'll pop in but when you zoom back out, it disappears again.
    I mentioned eregion but it does happen in other zones for me as well. When I was leveling my Captain a couple of weeks ago, there was a spot in the Bonevales where you could see an undead standing in mid air and you ran to him in midair to fight. But if you turned the camera to look a different direction you could see you were standing on a huge flat rock.
    Estellost, loving husband of the wonderful Shinarra

Was happening to me while cleaning up misc slayer deeds in Moria and Dunland last night.

- Tried to run across a depression in Moria only to find myself swimming in mid-air 30+ feet off the ground.
    - Ran into a few invisible pilasters along the side walls of 2nd Hall.
    - In Nan Curunir sections of the main road's pavement would be invisible. Run to Dagoras camp and then return to where the pavement was missing, and it would appear, but sometimes a different section would be missing.

DX10 here.
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    http://www.theoldergamers.com

I have the same issue with DX10 in Rohan. A couple of the meadhalls don't exist other than the door. And if I go inside, it is just a black space. Running Windows 8 on a Radeon HD4850.

I used to get this with my old graphics card, which was very outdated (nVidia 7950GX2), not too long after it died completely and I replaced it with an NVidia GTX650 Ti and not had any occurrences since.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

I've also been experiencing this with great frequency. Another person actually posted about this in the tech forums here and I posted screenshots of some of my recent experiences. I'm on Dx9.0c, and my other specs are listed in the thread HERE.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

I've never had Bree go partially invisible on me, but the raised floor between trees in Nud-melek has the habit of disappearing. I'm using DX9 on netbook and desktop.

More recently, during a Farmers Faire run, the entire Green Dragon disappeared. (Maybe burgs have figured out how to Share the Fun with buildings?) It would reappear if I stood right next to it (but not on top) and fade away if I rotated the camera or moved ever so slightly. Fortunately the door remained, but it was funny to see it apparently leading to nowhere.

Also recently, the hallways of Ost Elendil completely vanished, leaving me suspended high over Evendim until I ran forward. That was rather disconcerting!
    Laineth, Lassdhel, Rikkom, Rilem, & alts // Google+
    Scholar Resource Maps for Eriador (https://goo.gl/photos/RavGWt9AYPNb6Wes5), Rhovanion (https://goo.gl/photos/jRuu1TmSoXGCfpTS7), and Gondor (https://goo.gl/photos/UD6JKgJQLcsMLYNHA)
    Many hands make light work; please help update the LOTRO Wiki!
    It takes a tree decades to grow to maturity, minutes to cut it down.

I was getting this during Farmer's Faire at the fishing pond. The dock and sometimes the bridge would disappear. Many a time I would see people standing in midair fishing away. I don't remember this happening during last years Farmer's Faire, so I think it is a new issue.
    Originally Posted by Damian6988
    That is not unlike drinking a pot of coffee and taking a Valium.
    "I want to stay up and get more work done, but I don't want to remember any of it."

I have encountered this issue sporadically since i started playing in April or so, but it appears to be getting a bit more common. I have noticed it with both DirectX 9 and 11, and seems to happen in any zone. The chance of it occurring seems to increase the longer I have been logged in on a particular character. Logging out and back in corrects it but then it may happen again soon after so I usually restart the client. I've submitted at least one bug report on it.

dx10 here, and I've noticed a great many locations lately with missing floors, rocks, etc. This weekend I was in the Misty Mountains doing the Floid and Dewitt pt 2 deed, and I climbed out onto a cliff ledge only to see those two floating in midair ahead of me. I crossed my fingers and hoped I wouldn't step off into the abyss as I walked towards them!

bounders boon???

yesterday everything was smoth ..today missing stairs in cliving , harwick and other ror cities..and since the boon was on... is there any relation to sudden propensity of missing stuff and the latest patch or bounders boon ????
    Ascension-Arkenstone :
    Third Marshal Finarfintook Minstrel
    Fire Rk Finarjul r10 & Finwetook r7 burg
    Creeps: Finsnightmare r8 defiler/ Finscreep r5 rvr

When I was in Ered Luin doing some deeds last night, I noticed several times that I'd end up next to a tree that didn't show up until I was right next to it. It's the first time I've noticed such a thing.

This just happened to me on the bridge in Trestlebridge. Riding across it and part of the bridge just disappeared and then appeared as I road over it and disappeared again after I was over that area. As far as why it is happening is just a guess but it could be in part due to new video card drivers. If you have a fairly new card and keep your drivers up to date as I do, this could be the problem. No matter what dx version you use. I have another older game that now has issues in it because of having a newer card and updated drivers. When I still used WinXP, I ended up with a few even older games that wouldn't play at all because the video drivers did not support them anymore. They were open gl games and when ati updated to the new open gl standard, those games stopped working. I just installed the latest drivers for my card about a week ago so for me this might be the issue. Sometimes I think they forget that we still play older games and forget to optimize the drivers for those games.

Having this problem too. Was especially noticeable in the Silvertine Nodes.

DX11, tried all settings from low to Ultra High.

Yeah I've seen this problem for a long time, but not as often as recently. Wall, fence, stairs... disappear even when I stand next to them for minutes (used to appeared again when i moved close to them) again and again. Sometime I can only see them if I turn camera to another view point.
    Last edited by Hiritier; Sep 25 2013 at 10:21 PM.

I created a similar post sometime back. I never got a Blue response back. I haven't seen the problem in awhile though.

Lots of photos.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ssing-Textures

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    I thought I was gonna fall off the bridge in Annuminas... And went to jerk my Warsteed, but hit the edge and didn't fall... I was scared.
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

I am currently playing a new character on Nimrodel, and wondered why I got a message that my perception is restricted - on this server? Later while walking through the Old Forest, the area looked more like a grassy plain, until you stepped onto the roots of the trees which made the 'furniture' visible. It was so bad, I had to relog.

DirectX is 11.

Greetings, Polymachos

Started happening to me in Annuminas on my poor confused burglar... only started occuring after 11.4.

DX10 here. Seems to only happen when I, or the server, seems to be having some sort of lag. Or maybe that's just my imagination. But they were definitely not visible in many areas.

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

dx11.
    Encountered vid issues in Evendim.
    Im a F2P, good thing Im not paying for this....
    currently without a home on Elendilmer

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast