We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Timing out after 20 of 20 attempts to connect ONLY on Firefoot server

From before 6AM EDT, I have received the message that LOTRO could not connect and then time out. I was attempting to connect to Firefoot server. After many unsuccessful attempts, I came to the forums to see if anyone else had the problem, or find some words of wisdom on the Developers/Tech assist forum.
    I tried everything suggested including turning off my Norton Security Suite. After getting nowhere, I called my ISP to see if they had done anything that would have blocked the UDP requirements at 2900-2910 and 9000-9010. They claimed that nothing was blocked and no maintenance was being performed.
    After some thought, (and a rest from the computer), I decided to log into a different server. VOILA!! It worked. That was 4 hours ago and I can still log into that server but get the time out every time on Firefoot.
    What gives? Last night, I started having short disconnects about 7 PM EDT but logged for the night by 7:30. This is accompanied with the persistent message that the game has shifted into a low-detail mode due to server loading. Let me assure you that Firefoot does not have a load in the middle of the day, during the work/school week, and not having a festival of some sort going on.

I think the server is not working as intended and think that it should be fixed or offer a more up-to-date troubleshooting routine for this problem. (On this forum the identical problem seems to have arose the first week of August, but I did not see where anything was posted as to why or how it was resolved).

I filed a bug report, but for obvious reasons (I guess) could not file a request for help as I cannot get into the game to report this. Seems weird that the bugs I report in game ask me to report them again so QA can get involved and because of this lack of interface, I report a problem to QA and the people who may be able to help are not notified. This area needs some work I would say...

I will continue to try to log in this evening and will re-post if I ever get on before the maintenance Monday.

Xeera 85 Champ
    Powulf 85 Cappy
    Zzasha 85 LM
    Gela 85 Minstrel
    Last edited by Xeera; Oct 07 2013 at 11:26 AM.

An update:
    I logged in the following in this order:

Firefoot................FAIL
    Crickhollow...PASS
    Withywindle..PASS
    Silverlode.....PASS
    Arkenstone...PASS
    Windfola......PASS
    Gladden......PASS
    Evernight....PASS
    Riddermark..PASS
    Dwarrowdelf..PASS
    Vilya..........PASS
    Imladris......PASS
    Brandywine..PASS
    Elendilmir.....PASS
    Nimrodel......PASS
    Snowbourn..PASS
    Meneldor....PASS
    Gilrain........PASS
    Eldar.........PASS
    Firefoot.............FAIL

I logged into all of the servers because I had at one time a Loremaster (level 15 or so) that I had played with a RL friend. I guess it got deleted by Turbine when I did not log him in for a while. I do not know why this would have happened as I am a lifetime subscriber and therefore a VIP status player. I had wanted to see if a server with a character would react the same as Firefoot. All passing servers had no prior character and I did not create one.

UPDATE: I found the character on Landroval server which loaded correctly this morning. Firefoot still times out. Any ideas out there?
    Last edited by Xeera; Oct 06 2013 at 08:21 AM.

So here it is; the second day with no clue why I cannot log into Firefoot but can enter all of the other servers. No clue, no response....Does Turbine work for the Federal Government? They all on furlough?

So begins a third day with the same problem. Could someone help please?

I logged into Landroval and played through 4 quests. I logged out and tried to log into Firefoot with the exact results that I have had.

I really hoped that the maintenance would correct the issue, but it did not.

Never mind, servers (except Crick for whatever reason) are up. People are actually at the office at Turbine today so good luck getting your issue resolved.

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

I tried to log in this morning and got a "waiting to get into Que" message, then got an error message. tried again and got right in, same server firefoot. I live on west coast. is turbine having technical issues?

I cant get into Riddermark, it puts me in a waiting to connect queue, then a window appears that says "Failed to queue for server (0x80004005)"

One more update:

I called the help phone and talked to a very nice guy who took all the information and passed to the tech department. After a couple of automated e-mails, I tried and IT WORKS!!!

I have no clue what has been done to make it happen and I will add to this if I get an e-mail detailing the corrective action.

In the meantime, I guess it is fruitless to post here, or submit a bug report. I guess calling is the way to get help.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeera View Post
    One more update:

I called the help phone and talked to a very nice guy who took all the information and passed to the tech department. After a couple of automated e-mails, I tried and IT WORKS!!!

I have no clue what has been done to make it happen and I will add to this if I get an e-mail detailing the corrective action.

In the meantime, I guess it is fruitless to post here, or submit a bug report. I guess calling is the way to get help.
    I have no idea what is happening since update but I get the aforementioned: "Failed to queue" message if I exit a server and try to enter another WITHOUT logging out.

If I close LAUNCHER, delete preferences and log in it is OK!

STRANGE...
    WINDFOLA: Tsuhelm Hunter lv62 LANDROVAL: Tsudryt Captain lv62 LAURELIN: Opopa Burgler lv22 WITHYWINDLE: Tsukuld Rune-keeper lv85

WP blog: Tsuhelm

Login problems.... Let's see:
    * Hanging on credential checking
    * Game screen turns black on exit and stays that way (doesn't disappear)
    * Game freezes when I try Swift Travel, run through the landscape, etc (basically do anything besides getting hobbit presents)
    * Login FAILS
    * General error accessing your account information. Try again later, and contact tech support if the problem persists.

And all of this started happening after the last maintenance. Before that I didn't have these problems.

What's going on? Turbine, what did you guys do during maintenance?

It shouldn't be necessary for us to delete our preferences each time we change accounts or servers to be able play! Or call tech support for that matter! BTW, can we contact them through skype? Cause I'm not gonna call the States from the Netherlands by normal phone.......
    Country: Netherlands, Current Server: Nimrodel. Future server: Landroval
    Sheherezi's an Eastemnet Cook & Farmer