We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Where is the client executable error message?

Hi I am new and trying to play but am having problems(this error is happening AFTER I have chosen a server.

I found this with the question and answer but none of it helped. This error message comes up after I randomly choose a file

http://support.turbine.com/link/port...ent-executable

So this error occurs when the Microsoft Redistributable package has failed to install so the game client can't run.

On that support page, a link is given to the Redistributable package that needs to be installed. Was that done?
    Did it succeed? There's no harm in installing it again, so go for it and make sure it succeeds.

I downloaded it twice, still does not work. even changed the proxy thing to "no proxy"..This happens AFTER I have already chosen a server.

You're dealing with two pieces of software here. The one you've been seeing is called the "Launcher",
    and it does things like patch the game, install pre-requisites, allow you to view the status of servers (up or down),
    and finally to select your server. After you select your server, the Launcher actually launches the game and
    points it at your selected server. But the problem is that handoff isn't occurring because something is wrong
    with the game client install, and that's what we're trying to figure out.

I assume the Windows login Id you're using has Administrator rights, yes? Have you tried disabling UAC?
    Maybe there are some permission problems that are preventing you from getting the last mile.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgentMage View Post
    You're dealing with two pieces of software here. The one you've been seeing is called the "Launcher",
    and it does things like patch the game, install pre-requisites, allow you to view the status of servers (up or down),
    and finally to select your server. After you select your server, the Launcher actually launches the game and
    points it at your selected server. But the problem is that handoff isn't occurring because something is wrong
    with the game client install, and that's what we're trying to figure out.

I assume the Windows login Id you're using has Administrator rights, yes? Have you tried disabling UAC?
    Maybe there are some permission problems that are preventing you from getting the last mile.
    Yes, to the Admin rights question. If I disable the UAC wouldn't I be unable to use my stuff on my Admin account(I do not have any other account on this computer)? How do I change permissions?

I may try this...uninstall the game and then reinstall.

Quote Originally Posted by kris2000 View Post
    I may try this...uninstall the game and then reinstall.
    I did this ^^ but it did not work...

Have to try to change the name of the lotroclient.exe then restart the launcher and let it re-download the lotroclient.exe.

C:\Program Files\Turbine\The Lord of the Rings Online\lotroclient.exe
    Did you check AV if it doesn't block it?

There was a big update yesterday. Fire up the launcher and see if the update fixes you up.
    The client executable was one of the things that was updated, so this may do the trick.

ok ill try tonight to log in. ty