We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Quest Help Needed: Volume 1, Chapter 8: Master of the Wood

I am about to go to Tom Bombadil's house, and was wondering what the easiest route was. From the maps, it looks like you can just go south from Adso's Camp, but since the actual quest says to go through the Old Forest, I have a feeling it won't be that simple. Can someone explain the simplest route to Tom's house? The Old Forest was a bit confusing when I went in to do some quests before this (especially getting to that boss spider and the pack - couldn't finish those - bonus points for someone that can help me with those as well).

Thanks for any and all assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMichaelPrescott View Post
    I am about to go to Tom Bombadil's house, and was wondering what the easiest route was. From the maps, it looks like you can just go south from Adso's Camp, but since the actual quest says to go through the Old Forest, I have a feeling it won't be that simple. Can someone explain the simplest route to Tom's house? The Old Forest was a bit confusing when I went in to do some quests before this (especially getting to that boss spider and the pack - couldn't finish those - bonus points for someone that can help me with those as well).

Thanks for any and all assistance.
    From Adso's camp into the barrow downs, as soon as you enter the barrow downs, turn to the west, than down to south. The mobs in the barrows have a slightly higher level than in the Old Forest, but are easier to avoid. There is still a part through the Old Forest with one or two wolves, but this is not so confusing as if you try to find the complete way through the Old Forest.

The route through the barrow downs is easier, I' guess. If you enter the barrow downs, look up your map and you'll find the way. Still, reaching Tom's house after you got lost in the Old Forest for some time will give you a nice feeling of relief. So, I'd say: Take the long route!

Not only is the Barrow-Downs an easier path, you'll also walk past a small quest hub in the process. Definitely take that route.