We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Looking forward to experimenting with my favorite class

Quote Originally Posted by Moskvich View Post
    ...ooooo... now that's interesting! Or how about, Pack Mentality. Or, Stampede.
    Or Radagast's Revenge?

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Hmm. Makes me wonder. Now that you mention it... Didn't Farmer Maggot use this phrase at some point?
    I don't think so.
    `...I am terrified of him and his dogs. I have avoided his farm for years and years. He caught me several times trespassing after mushrooms, when I was a youngster at Brandy Hall. On the last occasion, he beat me, and then took me and showed me to his dogs. "See, lads," he said, "next time this young varmint sets foot on my land, you can eat him. Now see him off!" They chased me all the way to the ferry.` - Frodo Baggins: A Shortcut To Mushrooms
    Suddenly as they drew nearer a terrific baying and barking broke out and a loud voice was heard shouting: `Grip! Fang! Wolf! Come on, lads!`
    The farmer laughed. `They won't harm you - not unless I tell 'em to. Here Grip! Fang! Heel!` he cried. `Heel Wolf!` To the relief of Frodo and Sam, the dogs walked away and let them go free. -Farmer Maggot: A Shortcut To Mushrooms
    `"No you won't," I said. "You'll go back where you belong, double quick. I give you one minute before I call all my dogs."` -Farmer Maggot: A Shortcut To Mushrooms
    `No, I caught 'em trespassing,` said the farmer, `and nearly set my dogs on 'em; but they'll tell you all the story, I've no doubt. Now, if you'll excuse me, Mr. Merry and Mr. Frodo and all, I'd best be turning for home. Mrs. Maggot will be worriting with the night getting thick.` -Farmer Maggot: A Shortcut To Mushrooms
    Tolella Hlothran ~ Minstrel ~ 115
    Crickhollow
    Officer ~ Phoenix Rising

Hmm. Makes me wonder. Now that you mention it... Didn't Farmer Maggot use this phrase at some point?
    I don't think so. By the time he finished calling all the names of his hounds, there probably wasn't much point. xD I could easily see him saying, "Sic 'em." though.
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 105 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/105 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/62 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Fralin View Post
    How you know dev diaries didn't deliver anything substantial: When the most talked about topic is the NAME of a skill...
    Honestly, I thought I was the only one not getting anything out of it. Are the others reading too much into it, or am I not reading enough into it.

I'm far more concerned with what we lose to make those things mentioned available. Are Red Line pets still only good for the occasional flank? Do I lose access to my heal in Blue Line save for Inner Flame (which is honestly a horrible heal)? Where's mention of Staff Strike, Staff Sweep, Improved Sticky Gourd, and Council of Wisdom? Do I lose access to those skills by traiting Yellow or Blue? Not to mention the talk of a Frost line of spells. At the moment we only have Frost Lore and the Saber Tooth Tiger that do frost damage that I know of, what do we lose to compensate for the gain of a new damage type?

This diary isn't insightful into the process at all, and I'm a little frustrated as I would like the information on the class changes before I order Helm's Deep. I'm a solo player and the LM is my favorite character, if it significantly impacts my ability to solo, there's really no point in me playing anymore since my friends left ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortikus View Post
    Am I missing something, where is the crowd control?
    Any mention of LM's traditional CC role is conspicuously absent _from this Dev Diary_, yes? I hope this is an oversight, but I fear that LM is being morphed into "Warlock with pet" DPS glass-cannon.

Then again there is essentially no context with these so-called Dev-diaries. Skill and trait names are bandied about but we have no clue how the revised & new skills will work, how deeply one has to trait into a given tree to unlock something useful, or which traits are mutually exclusive.

In my RL job, I'd call the "Dev Diaries" PR fluff. The intent seems to be to generate buzz rather than provide useful information. Notice how little difference there is between the Dev Diaries and the PR blurb at https://www.lotro.com/en/content/revitalize-your-role. In any case, it looks like it's a done-deal. It's already too late to derail this Radiance-train. Apparently, the Devs never read Santayana.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
    --George Santayana, Reason in Common Sense.
    Last edited by Siquayetsga; Sep 26 2013 at 03:11 PM.
    “Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

? Pravin Lal

Mention of cc is on this page, https://www.lotro.com/en/content/revitalize-your-role Scroll down to the ancient master section to find the following

"THE ANCIENT MASTER
    Offering strong crowd control, a variety of debuffs, and Power restoration for a Fellowship, The Ancient Master uses effect-chains to enhance and modify debuffs.
    Skill Highlight
    "Fire-lore" decreases enemy Physical Mitigation and, with upgrades, spreads to other targets."

As this is some of the most recent information given to us it leads me to expect that yellow line will still possess a strong focus on control. I am hoping that if anything the use of trait trees will allow for us to possess much stronger cc and debuff capabilities with the trade off of decreased damage.

Furthermore i am quite interested in the dps line for the loremaster. From what i am reading the dps and support lines both seem to be relying on use of effect chains, with the dps line allowing for us to consume dots to inflict burst damage. Such affects look to be exceptionally useful on the moors, or just before a boss becomes immune to damage.

"THE MASTER OF NATURE’S FURY
    The Master of Nature’s Fury deals significant ranged damage, using skill interactions to maximize damage to one or multiple targets.
    Skill Highlight
    Lightning Storm calls down lighting to damage several foes at once, consuming any Burning Embers for substantial bonus damage."
    Last edited by Nleuter; Sep 26 2013 at 02:58 PM.

I like what I read in the diary. I would have also like to see references into dipping partially into other trait lines to get a feel for what the early portions of those lines might offer the chosen main line (like we saw in the other diaries).

Regarding the Ancient Master, would it make more sense for cold damage to negatively impact attack duration and fire damage to impact miss chance? Wouldn't frozen creatures attack slower and creatures on fire be unable to aim well?

Quote Originally Posted by Siquayetsga View Post
    Then again there is essentially no context with these so-called Dev-diaries. Skill and trait names are bandied about but we have no clue how the revised & new skills will work, how deeply one has to trait into a given tree to unlock something useful, or which traits are mutually exclusive.

In my RL job, I'd call the "Dev Diaries" PR fluff. The intent seems to be to generate buzz rather than provide useful information. Notice how little difference there is between the Dev Diaries and the PR blurb at https://www.lotro.com/en/content/revitalize-your-role. In any case, it looks like it's a done-deal. It's already too late to derail this Radiance-train. Apparently, the Devs never read Santayana.
    I so miss the good old days of ... last year ... when Paragon Studios had an almost completely open development process. Solid details of updates and changes were available to all even during the closed beta stage, and major revamps to things that clearly weren't working or upset the player base happened as late as Open Beta. I desperately hope the guys in closed beta now are being heard and responded to, because what we're seeing isn't fluff, it's aerogel.
    Recent immigrant from the City of Paragon. We are heroes. This is what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by ValcyrVexx View Post
    This diary isn't insightful into the process at all, and I'm a little frustrated as I would like the information on the class changes before I order Helm's Deep. I'm a solo player and the LM is my favorite character, if it significantly impacts my ability to solo, there's really no point in me playing anymore since my friends left ages ago.
    For what it's worth -- which may be nothing if you don't have the computer space, time, FB account, etc -- but there are limited codes for beta available on FB. I think the link is in the launcher and it was also made into an announcement. Codes might be out by now but if you manage to get in, just remember that the NDA is still, last I heard, in effect, so anyone who is in beta have to remain close-lipped. But, based on what I saw in RoR's beta, you'd probably have standard feedback threads so that you can get a glimpse at LMs and share your opinions about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    For what it's worth -- which may be nothing if you don't have the computer space, time, FB account, etc -- but there are limited codes for beta available on FB. I think the link is in the launcher and it was also made into an announcement. Codes might be out by now but if you manage to get in, just remember that the NDA is still, last I heard, in effect, so anyone who is in beta have to remain close-lipped. But, based on what I saw in RoR's beta, you'd probably have standard feedback threads so that you can get a glimpse at LMs and share your opinions about them.
    If I had a Facebook account I would've signed up, but I don't. I'm just not satisfied with the information from these diaries, they are like another poster said "fluff pieces". Personally I'm beginning to feel like the idiot in the line "How do you keep an idiot in suspense?" >.<

I really have no hope to get into Beta, but it's for the best, because I really don't have the time to test/find bugs/whatever. I would just like to see substansive information come out.

I don't like the looks of that diary. I see no mention of the LM's CC abilities at all. Do they even exist anymore? I run a hybrid LM that relies heavily on the full breadth of CC abilities along with my hearty pet attacking debuffed enemies. And I'm sorry, but Sic 'em just sounds silly.

This diary seriously fills me with dread.

If I had a Facebook account I would've signed up
    I have a FB account, but I'm not about to sign up when the unknown entity Turbine is using to distribute the codes grabs so much info.

Offerpop will receive the following info: your public profile, friend list, email address, birthday, current city and likes.
    What would Offerpop or Turbine do with my friend list? Are they planning to spam them on FB? What about my birthday? I doubt they're going to send me a birthday present. My likes? What possible use are my likes? Requirements are ridiculous in my opinion.I declined and re-disabled Apps.
    "I think we can all agree that more options for everyone is always a positive thing." --Sapience

If I had a Facebook account I would've signed up, but I don't. I'm just not satisfied with the information from these diaries, they are like another poster said "fluff pieces". Personally I'm beginning to feel like the idiot in the line "How do you keep an idiot in suspense?" >.<

I really have no hope to get into Beta, but it's for the best, because I really don't have the time to test/find bugs/whatever. I would just like to see substansive information come out.
    Well, FB is free and you can sign up with fake details if you concerned about privacy. And testing just the LM class and giving feedback would be enough -- no one expects you to devote every last scrap of time you have to beta testing. You do what you can and that's all you can do. The same would go to anyone who is invited to beta. Last year when I was in RoR beta, I wasn't able to test at all because I was stuck at Examine Game Data for the entire time (as well as the first two weeks after RoR went live).

But in lieu of that, yeah, I guess it's a depressing situation to be in, feeling blind about what is to come with your favorite class. I feel very much the same way. It makes me kinda anxious, because I've fallen in love with some of these classes and I don't know what is going to happen to them. :/

Well, FB is free and you can sign up with fake details if you concerned about privacy.
    There is a lot more going on with FB (and others) than "free" and "fake" will handle. It takes a bit more searching to find out about it though, especially in the US. What you do with the information after you understand what is going on is another story.

If you already have a FB account, that's another story too.

tl;dr There is no privacy at all on FB even if you set it up with fake info. There's actually no privacy at all.
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Quote Originally Posted by SabrielofLorien View Post
    There is a lot more going on with FB (and others) than "free" and "fake" will handle. It takes a bit more searching to find out about it though, especially in the US. What you do with the information after you understand what is going on is another story.

If you already have a FB account, that's another story too.

tl;dr There is no privacy at all on FB even if you set it up with fake info. There's actually no privacy at all.
    The last time I tried to make a fake FB for something, they wanted me to confirm with a cellphone before it'd let me do anything. I hope there will be non-FB ways of getting a Beta invite, but unlikely. All companies seem to be shoving FB down their customers' throats rather than use their own systems and forums to reward their players.
    Tolella Hlothran ~ Minstrel ~ 115
    Crickhollow
    Officer ~ Phoenix Rising

Well, FB is free and you can sign up with fake details if you concerned about privacy. And testing just the LM class and giving feedback would be enough -- no one expects you to devote every last scrap of time you have to beta testing. You do what you can and that's all you can do. The same would go to anyone who is invited to beta. Last year when I was in RoR beta, I wasn't able to test at all because I was stuck at Examine Game Data for the entire time (as well as the first two weeks after RoR went live).

But in lieu of that, yeah, I guess it's a depressing situation to be in, feeling blind about what is to come with your favorite class. I feel very much the same way. It makes me kinda anxious, because I've fallen in love with some of these classes and I don't know what is going to happen to them. :/
    Actually, it's mostly about time to test properly. I'm working 6 days a week now, just happy that I have a job. Of course the fact that Facebook is really just a front for the information trade industry, luring helpless citizens into giving up all their info for them to sell for the Billions that line Zuckerbergs pockets, but that's another story!

I remember Dev Diaries being FAR more information driven than these puff pieces, and I only have to look at how the Ministrels are with their Dev Diary to know that I'm not the only one. Seriously, we need a Dev Diary more like the old ones where they not only explained what changes were occuring but why those changes were being made. These are just "Oooo look at the shiney, don't think of what we're doing to nerf you... oooooo shiney!!!!", and I feel a little put out by it.

Well, for concerned about privacy, that much can be said for anything on the internet, especially any Google services, but even your browser. Your very browser tracks how many times you've visited a given website. I have visited lotro.com 4,478 times. Your guess is as good as mine as to whether our browsers are sharing this information with others.

With fake details, all that could be done is the tracking of your IP, which is already done on any website.

Lethal - That is odd for I have never put in any phone number, or any address either. I don't know why it would require that information.

Actually, it's mostly about time to test properly. I'm working 6 days a week now, just happy that I have a job. Of course the fact that Facebook is really just a front for the information trade industry, luring helpless citizens into giving up all their info for them to sell for the Billions that line Zuckerbergs pockets, but that's another story!

I remember Dev Diaries being FAR more information driven than these puff pieces, and I only have to look at how the Ministrels are with their Dev Diary to know that I'm not the only one. Seriously, we need a Dev Diary more like the old ones where they not only explained what changes were occuring but why those changes were being made. These are just "Oooo look at the shiney, don't think of what we're doing to nerf you... oooooo shiney!!!!", and I feel a little put out by it.
    Yeah, I can relate. I'm in the process of taking on a second job. :/ Can't say the word "happy" comes to mind, but it'll pay the bills I guess. Too bad something that started out so "normal" turned into such the joke that it is.

And yes, I agree. The diaries do leave a lot to be desired.

My concern is that LMs will no longer be true Lore-Masters. One of the things I love about the class is the ability to do so much. The class is never boring. It is not a "push these buttons with one hand and hold your head up with the other hand" class. You have to pay attention to everything and everyone at all times, in order to truly embrace what it is to be a Lore-Master. While red traited, one can still debuff, cleanse, heal, cc, give power, etc. While I am waiting for BE to come off CD I can throw out Fire-Lore, while waiting for gourd to come up, I can throw out Frost-Lore, if adds come unexpectedly towards the healer, I can root them until the tank/OT grabs them ... etc. However, my concern is that will be taken away. LMs will be pyro-mages, a pet-class, or cc. Period. Yes, we will have the option to hydridize and sometimes in some MMOs that works but most of the time a hybridized spec isn't as good and not wanted in groups. I know that the information we have received thus far on the revamp of the classes has been just a teaser. However, my primary question is will LMs be retaining their uniqueness, their ability to multitask more than any other class, while traiting one of the three lines or will they have specialist specs, focused on one primary task at the cost of skills in the other trees, e.g. debuffing, cc'ing? Additionally, will a hybridized spec be a weaker, watered-down version of each main trait line?

Here's another way to think about it...

For privacy concerns on the Facebook thing, those in the know (or with IT related security experience) know that there IS no such things as true privacy on the net. Period, end of story. The only thing you're doing is fooling yourself. Even with such things as PGP. It may make it a wee bit more difficult, but in the end, it really doesn't secure it even an iota as well as most think it does. If you think the powers that be that run things operate on Windows using a computer they bought from Best Buy, think again.

So knowing that there really IS no privacy, whatsoever, and that all your info is already, and has been, tracked, who really cares if some random company knows what you 'like' or don't 'like' on your FB.

It's just an illusion of privacy that people sell themselves to make themselves feel better. Really, that's all it is.

Personally, I stopped using, and updating FB a long, long time ago. Not because I was all of a sudden going to be more 'secure', but because I just didn't feel like spending my time feeding the data mining monster.

Make 'em work for it.

Besides, if I updated FB, it would look something like this: Status: None of your business. Have a nice day.
    Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar, tenn’ Ambar-metta!

Personaly I'm getting burned with red traited LM, if you want massive aoe dps play a champ. I'm looking forward to playing my LM the way he was intended to be played when SOA came out. I just hope that they will add in game content that requires CC and tactics as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag28 View Post
    Personaly I'm getting burned with red traited LM, if you want massive aoe dps play a champ. I'm looking forward to playing my LM the way he was intended to be played when SOA came out. I just hope that they will add in game content that requires CC and tactics as well.
    There is a breadth and depth of content that requires the CC aspect of the Ancient Master line. Instances on level in which cc matter/are a MUST include:
    Some Dar Narbugud pulls
    Every single Warg/Sorc pull in Barad Guldur in the march to The Twins
    The Gortheron Wing in Ost Dunhoth (iirc T2C REQUIRES lock downs of multiple targets as part of phasing the boss)

Honestly good LMs and good raiders will often mandate the AM line b/c its incredible debuffs trump the DPS output of red line LMs. In situations where AOEs are hitting everyone esp. from bosses your ability to debuff and reduce crits keeps people alive and your ability to harm your target's defenses increases your group's dps.

Erebor has done nothing to advance raiding in LOTRO as exhibited by the lack of support classes playing support roles - everyone is a dps ####### of late. Over the weekend an LM in a pug said "What are fire lore and ancient craft? Oh debuffs, yeah those aren't important in BFE". in response to my request that he cast these on the bosses.

Giving examples about the damage Erebor has done to raiding would digress from the fact that you can/should play an AM LM in raids. However, suffice it to say the BFE T1 farmers would melt in BG/OD on lvl and I've seen these players wipe vs DN's The Blind One hard mode b/c they've been poorly trained in Erebor. I've also seen the same caliber of player fully heal Flagit 5 times b/c the "red light, green light" mechanic and running eyes are both too difficult to grasp in a lvl 60-ish instance.

Play your LM yellow line, get the legacies for it and you will be a formidable asset in group play!
    A vote for Sapience is a vote for progress? A 4th fix to get Draigoch to "dragon up" that still doesn't fix the persistent bug in the raid is not how I define progress.

I know how to play my LM every wich way. I'm just getting burned out with the red trait line because its boreing to me now, and there is no 6 man content that require planning and tactics. When you do the raid thing that's twice the player BS and AFKs.

I wish there was more on the yellow line but I've always been fond of that one. I'm so glad the pets are getting attention, they have needed it for awhile now! If its a pure pet line it will be interesting to see how it works.
    WHAT I REALLY WANT TO SEE HAPPEN, is LM going back to being a support class. Not a dps class, not a healing class. And for goodness sakes trash wl already! we didn't need it in the first place and its way too op as it is.
    "You can't have your Kate and Eat her too!"

Katelia Rk 11 Lm, Peppermintt Rk 12 Warg, Katetastrophe Rk 12 WL, Kateaclysm Rk 14 defiler

LM Class Changes

Interesting! I've been dedicated to red traits for a long time (like most LMs, I'm pretty fond of Improved Sticky Gourd), but the new Keeper of Animals dynamic might make me change my mind.

Looking forward to re-learning everything while I get my LM to 95. After I get my Champ to 95 first, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate00 View Post
    I wish there was more on the yellow line but I've always been fond of that one. I'm so glad the pets are getting attention, they have needed it for awhile now! If its a pure pet line it will be interesting to see how it works.
    WHAT I REALLY WANT TO SEE HAPPEN, is LM going back to being a support class. Not a dps class, not a healing class. And for goodness sakes trash wl already! we didn't need it in the first place and its way too op as it is.
    I know this response is a little late, but...

As for trashing Water Lore, speak for yourself. As a soloing LM, WL is a critical part of my play and I use WL frequently in groups and raids. Additionally, a few updates ago, when Water Lore was introduced, it was done so we could heal a Small Fellowship (as support we are also patch healers), when traited and with our spirit pets. I have done this. Also, we have never stopped being a support class, we just gained some support skills allowing us to spread our goodness around in a larger circle.
    Ujest - 115 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 87 Warden, Veneur - 62 Hunter, Cneasai - 46 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast