We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

The story teller

from the looks of it I'm not the only one waiting on the story teller for the baggins birthday quest{?} party{?}, challenge{?} what ever it is. There is about 20 some odd people standing in the The ivy bush tavern right now waiting on her.
    Anyone else having issues with this?

This is one of the reasons I only do the festivals with one or 2 characters. Bugs and grind, bugs and grind.

It varies per server which is the rare one. On Windfola, it is Dudo. Over 1 day now at least since he had a ring.
    Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

Hmm. the crowd's may be the issue. I finally walked right up behind her and moved my camera to look straight down on her, then could select the ring to get this done.

Quote Originally Posted by manstan View Post
    Hmm. the crowd's may be the issue. I finally walked right up behind her and moved my camera to look straight down on her, then could select the ring to get this done.
    But the ring shows on the minimap. No ring there, no ring on NPC. This has either been bad RNG or deliberate random rarity. Either way, a major nonfun part of the quest...
    Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

Well this is bugged or something. Now I'm waiting for the next ring to popup. Every NPC on the list has a crowd standing around them, waiting. Time to dump this and move on, not like I can do anything with all these bounder tokens anyway. Barter button is always grayed out for me, has been since the start. I'm sure I'm missing something someplace. Seems the only thing I can do with them is give them away; to what's her name for no reward.

I have waited for the Storyteller now for about 4-5 hours straight. No ring at all during that time. About 10 chars are here waiting. and I started waiting last night after the update and checked in once every hour or so.
    I created an ingame ticket which got the response that each storyteller should respawn atleast once every hour. But he couldn´t do anything and recommended a bugreport, which I created. I´m not expecting a reply on that one..
    This is stupid..

Btw, this is on the Eldar server

Alas and alack, I think this is WAI. It's a time-waster. A much less effective one than
    the Hytbold quests.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

I had to wait 7 hours for Bogo Chubb yesterday. When programming the randomness, they should have included exclusion of hobbits already chosen in the last hour. Instead I often see one or two that were from the previous hour being selected again.

I dropped this. I have better things to do with my time.

I always think the randomness should be helped out. Pure randomness will allow for something to NOT happen for a long time. I am guessing they all have equal chance of being selected for the 4?

They could assign weights to the hobbits based on how long they have not appeared. Ones appearing within the previous hour get 0 chance. Those who were silent 1 hour, get 1 chance, those silent two hours get 2 chances, ect. If one had been silent 6 hours, they would have 6 chances so the odds of it appearing SOON keep getting better.
    Even so, I marshaled NINE characters through this over the weekend (Fri-Mon). I am sitting on 1500 tokens now hehe
    Last edited by Dotlbeme; Sep 24 2013 at 01:20 PM.
    Kinships: Fifth Star Vagabonds on Crickhollow (Dotswith); Random Access on Arkenstone (Dottiel)

On Nimrodel, after getting one of my gaggle of alts to finish the deed, I decided to run all of the rest (10 total). It took about 5 hours to do it all, counting RL breaks. There is some randomness to which of the remaining 11 hobbits get their story activated. So, there are times when they run back-to-back. If you have a bunch of alts, the best method has been mentioned. Log them in alphabetical order. After getting those done, next hour log them in opposite to the last time. Repeat.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Quote Originally Posted by cdq1958 View Post
    On Nimrodel, after getting one of my gaggle of alts to finish the deed, I decided to run all of the rest (10 total). It took about 5 hours to do it all, counting RL breaks. There is some randomness to which of the remaining 11 hobbits get their story activated. So, there are times when they run back-to-back. If you have a bunch of alts, the best method has been mentioned. Log them in alphabetical order. After getting those done, next hour log them in opposite to the last time. Repeat.
    ROFL, until at the end it gets easy, as one particular hobbit won't spawn for sometimes more than a day.
    So at the end, all your characters have just that last hobbit. And you only have to log one in to see that hobbit is mute for yet another hour.
    Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

Quote Originally Posted by redwoodtreesprite View Post
    ROFL, until at the end it gets easy, as one particular hobbit won't spawn for sometimes more than a day.
    So at the end, all your characters have just that last hobbit. And you only have to log one in to see that hobbit is mute for yet another hour.
    Yep, I agree. It's not so much "work" if one has a bit of a system. I always checked with the chars who needed the most. When they only needed 3-4 more, I wrote down who it was, so later it was easy to minimize the number of logins.

There are many people who claimed that on the first 2 days the postman and the child didn't spawn and are broken. Still, I got both of them on both days.

=>People who say that some of the NPCs don't spawn at all are usually wrong.

20 people waiting for one NPC is nothing, very normal indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by manstan View Post
    I dropped this. I have better things to do with my time.
    6 toons, all finished, including a level 11 toon I started a few days ago. Did all I could, jumped to the next toon and did the same. Rinse and repeat... Then I just checked at the top of the hour until the NPCs I needed showed up and finished the last 4 of 6. I have had much less frustrating tasks & deeds to complete and the rewards were adequate. Too many writing desks is now an issue, though...