We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Creep Only Epic

Creep Only Epic

A creeps-only epic that is based in Mordor.
    Absolutely NO freeps.
    An epic that follows Sauron's side of the war.
    It is all done at level cap.
    Other orc/goblin hubs (like the one in southeastern North Downs) are instanced for storyine progress.
    Maybe some Sarumon instances.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuma View Post
    A creeps-only epic that is based in Mordor.
    Absolutely NO freeps.
    An epic that follows Sauron's side of the war.
    It is all done at level cap.
    Other orc/goblin hubs (like the one in southeastern North Downs) are instanced for storyine progress.
    Maybe some Sarumon instances.
    Interesting concept. It won't happen in this game; it wouldn't pay for itself. As Sapience has so persistently
    said, the percentage of players who do PvMP is in the single digits.

Divorce it from the specifically Tolkien-based Lore, though, and you could get an interesting story out of it.
    Have you read Mary Gentle's Grunts, which is essentially the same thing -- the war as seen by the Orcs?
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    Interesting concept. It won't happen in this game; it wouldn't pay for itself. As Sapience has so persistently

Well, that figure persists mainly because Sapience and the company he works for has never done much in the form of added content to pvmp. Do you think many ppl would still be playing this game if only minimal content and resources had been added/devoted over the years as it pertains to pve?
    Ridduk R14 WL
    Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheart-Fury View Post
    Well, that figure persists mainly because Sapience and the company he works for has never done much in the form of added content to pvmp. Do you think many ppl would still be playing this game if only minimal content and resources had been added/devoted over the years as it pertains to pve?
    Sigh..... In the context where Sapience made that remark, he also noted that the "single digit percentage" has been roughly constant for the entire life of the game. You can't blame it on neglect in recent years if it was also the case when the game was new.

Quote Originally Posted by whheydt View Post
    Sigh..... In the context where Sapience made that remark, he also noted that the "single digit percentage" has been roughly constant for the entire life of the game. You can't blame it on neglect in recent years if it was also the case when the game was new.

The problem with Sapience and yourself stating this is that you fail to mention the poor implementation of pvmp in this game from the start and tbh while things out there have improved some over the years, many things stay the same...
    Ridduk R14 WL
    Brandywine

Without knowing how that number is calculated it is meaningless anyway.
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post

Divorce it from the specifically Tolkien-based Lore, though, and you could get an interesting story out of it.
    Have you read Mary Gentle's Grunts, which is essentially the same thing -- the war as seen by the Orcs?

I read the OP twice and I did not see anything about PvMP, if fact, he said no Freeps. I think what he wants is a PvE game with only Creeps, the bad guys. Like the Horde in World of Warcraft.

It's not a bad idea, on the contrary I like it. But there is just no way to do it with Turbine's limited resources. It took them 3 years to replace a malfunctioning forum site and the background soundtrack does not work at times. I just can't see them having the money to make a PvE world for the bad guys of Middle Earth.

Great idea, just too expensive.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

This is an idea that I have thought would have been great for a long time. A starter/pve area for creeps with some kind of story about their efforts against the free people. Unfortunately due to lack of resources or lack of interest in monster player by the majority of the player-base Turbine has never done something like this. The Delving 'may' have been an attempt at a quasi-pve zone, but before the changes what role did the Delving have? Creeps would go there to grind luminous stones etc, with no real quests or storyline.

Durrga R13 Hunter *Highguard of Numenor /Medwulf (semi-retired) R10 Champ / Vei the Burg R9

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackheart-Fury View Post
    The problem with Sapience and yourself stating this is that you fail to mention the poor implementation of pvmp in this game from the start and tbh while things out there have improved some over the years, many things stay the same...
    This was partially because PvMP was a LAST MINUTE addition... They had to push hard just to get what they did, so I doubt anything particularly *large* will be added.
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

Quote Originally Posted by robbie1435 View Post
    This was partially because PvMP was a LAST MINUTE addition... They had to push hard just to get what they did, so I doubt anything particularly *large* will be added.

Yes it was added late so obviously rather underdeveloped. Not exactly saying "come try me". Even then the potential it had was seen by ppl participating in pvmp but Turbine chose not to do a whole lot with it down the line so its basically stagnated over the years .

As for them adding anything significant for pvmp at this stage of the game, i know its not going to happen and dont really care anymore.
    Ridduk R14 WL
    Brandywine