We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

lotro lagging-freezing-crashing non-stop , going to wait till it's fixed

lotro is the only game i started in the last 5 years that has these persisted problems ; i checked the fora and they are full with posts about these problems for the last years ; as a gamer i've never had to do anything to get a working game eventually , it's always the developer that needs to fix things ; i dare to hope at some point i can start playing for longer than a few minutes , without lag-freezes-crashing , like i can with all other 30 games (amongst them 5 other triple-A mmo's) on my pc...

in game lag, a problem

Yes lag is a problem that has made playing difficult.

Considering I have a custom PC and play via HDMI direct to my TV with high-speed internet cable: having tech support say: it is operator headspace or your gear is not "good enough" or your computer connection is "not fast enough" simply does not go over well with me at this point.

Do I play hardwired? Yes. I gave up and moved the computer next to the TV which is next to my modem and no, I do not use a wireless keyboard, mouse, or headphones.

Playing at low resolution defeats the purpose of playing LOTRO at all.

Is this an ongoing "engine" issue?

If so, how do they fix it?
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000127880/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/CENTER]

and now it's freeze-disconnect

second day of playing lotro : with all settings to minimum : running around 30 seconds , then freeze , then 'you have been disconnected to the server'...

When you have a chance post a dxdiag output (steps how are in the 'how to get help' sticky in my sig) but also if you haven't already done so I would also recommend putting in a tech support request as well since you can get much more in-depth troubleshooting help via that option than on the forums.
    -Helpful Turbine Support Links-

Note
    : The
    Customer Support forums are best for player-to-player help, for direct official support, please submit a help request via the form here.

After submitting that ticket be sure to log in to your email providers website directly. Check spam/bulk mail folders and add noreply@turbine.com; techsupport@turbine.com and accountsupport@turbine.com to their "safe senders" list and your contacts list/address book as well. All tickets receive a reply but some responses get flagged as such and your email may not tell you it did so.

we are not beta-testers , provide a working client for win7 64-bit with nvidia 560GTX

we need a working client ; not to be 'helped-supported' on a 1-on-1 base because we have the bad luck to have the wrong graphic card or the wrong operating system ; all other big mmo's can provide that , why LOTRO cannot ?

Quote Originally Posted by galadream View Post
    we need a working client ; not to be 'helped-supported' on a 1-on-1 base because we have the bad luck to have the wrong graphic card or the wrong operating system ; all other big mmo's can provide that , why LOTRO cannot ?
    I have not seen a large thread of issues being reported by players with that specific setup, if you post a dxdiag it can go a long way in helping determine what may be happening to cause the crashes, a support help request like i posted before will also help in determining this as well.

Opening multiple threads on the same issue though is not helping, which is why I merged these together so we can better help you determine what is happening and possibly help in eliminating it.

Note
    Customer Support forums are best for player-to-player help, for direct official support, please submit a help request via the form here.

After submitting that ticket be sure to log in to your email providers website directly. Check spam/bulk mail folders and add noreply@turbine.com; techsupport@turbine.com and accountsupport@turbine.com to their "safe senders" list and your contacts list/address book as well. All tickets receive a reply but some responses get flagged as such and your email may not tell you it did so.

Quote Originally Posted by galadream View Post
    second day of playing lotro : with all settings to minimum : running around 30 seconds , then freeze , then 'you have been disconnected to the server'...
    Based on the 'disconnected' message which I may have missed previously, I'm going to double up on the recommendation of submitting a technical support request, as they can get much more in-depth over email to help in troubleshooting a connection issue than can be done on the forums.

To clarify, that message indicates that as you are transiting areas in the game world it is losing connection (most likely due to an issue with its use of UDP on ports 9000 to 9010) so as a start I would recommend reviewing this article here as it covers what can cause this and steps to be taken but you're definitely going to want to follow up on that ticket as this looks more like the game is encountering a connection loss than freezing/crashing related to the graphics card based on your description.

Note

it wasn't the client that caused crashes...

good news , i found the cause of the crashing ; PC Tools Firewall...changed it to windows firewall and the LOTRO-client works stable atm (still must try higher settings) ; i read your comments -Mirthgar from support- and you pointed me in that direction rightly , thank you for your patience i recommend a sticky about the firewall being a common cause to freezing-crashing problems