We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by bastiat1 View Post
    Title says it all. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    You do know we announced November 18th as the release date, right?
    The date is beeing announced here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-November-18th! & you even got our CM reply confirming it. Why do you think they are lieing & will be another date than announced. Unless something out of control of Turbines happen (Example: a tornado destroy turbines building, a power outage cut the electricity of whole Boston, their internet server provider decide to go akward again & cut them the conection) i beleive the date of relese will be what they announced.
    Is this Alternate Playable Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth

I'm excited about Helm's Deep, but if they have to delay it then I support them 100%. I've burnt myself too many times since the early 90s buying PC games that should have been delayed.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    I'm excited about Helm's Deep, but if they have to delay it then I support them 100%. I've burnt myself too many times since the early 90s buying PC games that should have been delayed.
    Unless there's something fundamentally and majorly game-breaking, I don't see any reason to delay it. Chances are we'll need a few updates to balance classes a bit, given the scale of the class changes, and I expect a number of bugs will make it through to live, along with some new ones not discovered in beta. These can all be addressed in hotfixes, patches and updates. An MMO is always, to some degree, a work in progress.

-Bel
    Belnavar - Captain - 105 - Brandywine - Leader of Keepers of the Palantiri

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    Exactly! If the night before release they post a last minute message that say: "OH Wow! Some how we caught a virus that if you log after release your pc memory will get fried. So we are not releasing HD yet. We need 1 week to purge the system." I will reply: "Take the whole month, take your time to make it right & glad that you prevent this to happen even if you notice on the last minute..."

Quote Originally Posted by Belnavar View Post
    ...An MMO is always, to some degree, a work in progress.
    This one is always in progress thats why is not a dead one. The devs team is always cooking something new for us to explore.
    Is this Alternate Playable Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth

Quote Originally Posted by bastiat1 View Post
    Title says it all. Post below and vote on when you think the HD expansion will be released. I'll compile the stats and log in this post.

Votes
    ---------------
    0 - before Nov 18
    13 - Nov 18
    1 - Jan 7
    1 - Feb 28
    ---------------

Mean Expectation for Release Date = November 28, 2013
    Right. And here I was figuring on the twelfth of never.

Votes
    ---------------
    0 - before Nov 18
    13 - Nov 18
    1 - Jan 7
    1 - Feb 28
    1 - 12th of Never
    ---------------

Mean Expectation for Release Date = Never
    Median Expectation for Release Date = Nov 18
    Mode Expectation for Release Date = Nov 18

Quote Originally Posted by jpark84 View Post
    Mean Expectation for Release Date = Never
    Median Expectation for Release Date = Nov 18
    Mode Expectation for Release Date = Nov 18
    Astutely played.
    Adaaon (Minstrel), Gwydionn (Hunter), Tarrann (Burglar)
    [url]http://thenoldor.guildlaunch.com[/url]

Well, they've given us an *advertised* launch date of October, was it 18th?

But in a long life I've learned not to put much faith in advertising.

It'll launch when it launches. Meanwhile, I have several alts to level.....
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    The date is beeing announced here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-November-18th!
    Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    Well, they've given us an *advertised* launch date of October, was it 18th?

But in a long life I've learned not to put much faith in advertising.

It'll launch when it launches. Meanwhile, I have several alts to level.....
    November 18th has been given as the date so far - personally I hope the release date gets pushed back so I can use my alts more as they currently are.

In a company that heavily cuts budget in development and IT infrastructure always something unexpected can happen. Maybe too many bugs or the the absence of a properly configured emergency system lead to a delay. You never know...

You do know you missed your release date, right?

Again...

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000245e72/signature.png]Theowyn[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldo View Post
    In a company that heavily cuts budget in development and IT infrastructure always something unexpected can happen. Maybe too many bugs or the the absence of a properly configured emergency system lead to a delay. You never know...
    Not that its the end of the world..but as many MMOs as I've played for 13 years I can't recall when they have missed their own release dates for expansions.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000245e72/signature.png]Theowyn[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by exiliox View Post
    You do know you missed your release date, right?
    You do know it's still the 18th of November, right?
    [center][URL=http://s1170.photobucket.com/user/Glohir/media/99b92620-47a6-43d6-8b52-1ff43a173a35_zpsz90debot.png.html][IMG]http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r524/Glohir/99b92620-47a6-43d6-8b52-1ff43a173a35_zpsz90debot.png[/IMG][/URL][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Glohir View Post
    Well chances are very slim now.

Unless they gonna dump the servers during the entire European Prime again? /shrug

You do know they aren't going to pull the game down in the middle of the day, right?

Which means sometime tonight if they are going to launch expansion at all today.

Quote Originally Posted by exiliox View Post
    You do know they aren't going to pull the game down in the middle of the day, right?

Which means sometime tonight if they are going to launch expansion at all today.
    Um. Wrong. The plan was to pull the plug in the early part and running into the middle of the work day US as it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Darlgon View Post
    Um. Wrong. The plan was to pull the plug in the early part and running into the middle of the work day US as it was.
    it was supposed to have been down about 4 hours at this point with HD being installed, instead it just came up after a 15 or so hour downtime with nothing new installed.

Oh booo-hoo, boo-hoo. Seriously get a grip. There are worse things happening in the world. Afewhours/day/week delay are hardly going to ruin your life.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000001cba22/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Is this a promise ?
    Garian, ehemaliger Gildenleiter, Metatrons Nexus der Kraft, Morthond
    [url]http://www.mndk.de[/url]

This makes me smile.

"we will be delaying the release of Helm’s Deep until Wednesday November 20th"

the first 2 posts are priceless seeing the current situation we're in lol.

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    The date is beeing announced here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-November-18th! & you even got our CM reply confirming it. Why do you think they are lieing & will be another date than announced. Unless something out of control of Turbines happen (Example: a tornado destroy turbines building, a power outage cut the electricity of whole Boston, their internet server provider decide to go akward again & cut them the conection) i beleive the date of relese will be what they announced.

this guy did it, just so he could make an internet prediction.

Or someone from Turbine read this and thought it would make a great excuse since there was bad weather all over the place yesterday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2