We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by poxnoxious View Post
    Maggots and pies alike, seriously, stop bringing your server disputes to the main forum. If you want to ask about 'worldwide lag', one does simply just that.

1. If you lag, creeps lag. On rare ocassions creeps lag the most, generally froobs get the worst of it. That don't mean creeps don't get skill lag when you get it, it's just a 'tad' less.

2. rofl, thanks for the giggles.

3. There's no reasoning with the lag, it comes and goes as it pleases, jumping from server to server as it seems fit. I play on 4 different servers, 2 EU, 2 US, on rare ocassions the lag is worldwide, generally it's server specific and normally last, in my experience, between 1-3 days. (We're talking the really REAL bad lag here.) And no, none of the servers I play on have had noticeably worse lag than normally lately.

Hope this helps.

Since you got me started and all, I also took the liberty of sorting your post out to something more 'fitting' for the main munster forum just for future reference and ocassions, should any arise.
    Sorry your post doesn't help or add anything to the thread, i am in etten by SoA times, i changed 3 gaming pc since i started to play lotro (and few times i use my laptoto, too) and counting all my chars i got way over 4.000.000 of renown so i know what i'm talking about, i know when lag comes from server, i know when comes from my pc or my isp and i applied all the best graphics settings for the Ettenmoors, a so evident discrepancy in lag between the two sides arrived with RoR, never noticed it before, it was lasting 1 or 2 days max anyway , in the last days though this is happening every evening so the problem became clear to everybody and makes me sad to see someone who's not paid by Turbine (i guess so at least) blame other players who come to the forum to complain, what are we supposed to do then? Go and collect bounder's tokens in angmar? Why do we have to be forced to play the game in the way they want instead of the way we customers want? In ettens freeps can't play properly from 6 to 9pm gmt, if you can stay in game late you can have some fight, if not you're doomed to lag and many give up soon usually, should we be even thankful for that? Are there limits beyond which it's not guaranteed a proper play? Is it the same for all the servers? Is it a problem of hardware resources? Is it a problem of net code? Is it a problem of bandwith? You know, some of us would like to have a serious, professional and technical answer to those questions, i never seen an official post or page about how to improve performance in pvp area, i suppose for you "it's fault of the influence of Sauron" will clear any doubt you have, but for me ain't enough and if i can't play the game i love when and how i want, i expect someone up there to explain me why at least (and why not, refund all the players who paid monthly fee just for pvp).
    Captain-General Odovocar Balger, the Alluring

Quote Originally Posted by Manes View Post
    Sorry your post doesn't help or add anything to the thread, i am in etten by SoA times, i changed 3 gaming pc since i started to play lotro (and few times i use my laptoto, too) and counting all my chars i got way over 4.000.000 of renown so i know what i'm talking about, i know when lag comes from server, i know when comes from my pc or my isp and i applied all the best graphics settings for the Ettenmoors, a so evident discrepancy in lag between the two sides arrived with RoR, never noticed it before, it was lasting 1 or 2 days max anyway , in the last days though this is happening every evening so the problem became clear to everybody and makes me sad to see someone who's not paid by Turbine (i guess so at least) blame other players who come to the forum to complain, what are we supposed to do then? Go and collect bounder's tokens in angmar? Why do we have to be forced to play the game in the way they want instead of the way we customers want? In ettens freeps can't play properly from 6 to 9pm gmt, if you can stay in game late you can have some fight, if not you're doomed to lag and many give up soon usually, should we be even thankful for that? Are there limits beyond which it's not guaranteed a proper play? Is it the same for all the servers? Is it a problem of hardware resources? Is it a problem of net code? Is it a problem of bandwith? You know, some of us would like to have a serious, professional and technical answer to those questions, i never seen an official post or page about how to improve performance in pvp area, i suppose for you "it's fault of the influence of Sauron" will clear any doubt you have, but for me ain't enough and if i can't play the game i love when and how i want, i expect someone up there to explain me why at least (and why not, refund all the players who paid monthly fee just for pvp).

Roll a reaver --> unsub. Or leave the game. You do realize this is Turbine you're 'talking to', yus?

Hope this helps.
    [IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/547875_10152075720742701_46971757_n.jpg[/IMG]
    66 Maggot Street, Grothum, Arador's End, Ettenmoors.
    Laurelin/Landroval/Brandywine.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the source of the lag is more to do with the age of the engine/architecture of Lotro failing to keep up with complex mechanics and all the numerous gameplay elements of classes that the Devs have stacked on top of each other over the last 6+ years. Players that now carry round 5, 6, 7 or more lines of buffs for example just add to the burden on the server. So I don't know if there could even be a hardware fix. Only a complete game redesign, and updated game engine would probably fix these lag issues.

But don't think for a minute that lag isn't bad on creepside, it is. It's often terrible. We get the same spikes, the same halting frame rates, and the same skill lockups that the freeps are getting. The only reason (I presume) that you Odo and the freeps are suddenly experiencing severe lag all of a sudden, is the recent inflated creep population. The ON buff maybe new to you, but it is very familiar to us. And we just put up with it, and the lag that invariably comes with it.

And we still fight nonetheless! We fight through it. So suck it up!

For an example of creep lag see this vid from about 4 months ago, the creepraid facing some ~40 freeps at Lug gy. The fight starts about 3mins in. I have a reasonably hi-spec PC too, and this is the common nightly lag we have to put up with.

(best watched at 720p)

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyndor View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the source of the lag is more to do with the age of the engine/architecture of Lotro failing to keep up with complex mechanics and all the numerous gameplay elements of classes that the Devs have stacked on top of each other over the last 6+ years. Players that now carry round 5, 6, 7 or more lines of buffs for example just add to the burden on the server. So I don't know if there could even be a hardware fix. Only a complete game redesign, and updated game engine would probably fix these lag issues.

But don't think for a minute that lag isn't bad on creepside, it is. It's often terrible. We get the same spikes, the same halting frame rates, and the same skill lockups that the freeps are getting. The only reason (I presume) that you Odo and the freeps are suddenly experiencing severe lag all of a sudden, is the recent inflated creep population. The ON buff maybe new to you, but it is very familiar to us. And we just put up with it, and the lag that invariably comes with it.

I'm starting to love your posts, you start with a semblance of seriousness like if you were really interested in the topic and then you go to the real reason of your presence here, to defend your little turf hoping the situation remains the same in the end, you know very well how it ends when there's no lag on Eldar, some of the creeps with skills came to have a propositive discussion instead and i thank them but i'm afraid it's not enough, hope only the european players are not the cash cows used to guarantee adequate performances to the american players...

"When the sage points at the moon, all the fool sees is the finger."

I'm starting to love your posts, you start with a semblance of seriousness like if you were really interested in the topic and then you go to the real reason of your presence here, to defend your little turf hoping the situation remains the same in the end, you know very well how it ends when there's no lag on Eldar, some of the creeps with skills came to have a propositive discussion instead and i thank them but i'm afraid it's not enough, hope only the european players are not the cash cows used to guarantee adequate performances to the american players...
    Sorry, hand on my heart, I just don't understand what you're trying to say. It's very difficult with a single block of text, lack of proper punctuation, and no separate paragraphs or discernible sentence structure, to understand you. This is not a petty dig at you, but in order to be properly understood, you really need to bring more clarity into what you're saying and how you're saying it.

I'm starting to love your posts, you start with a semblance of seriousness like if you were really interested in the topic and then you go to the real reason of your presence here, to defend your little turf hoping the situation remains the same in the end...
    Firstly, I am interested in the topic. That is why I posted. I'm not 'defending' any turf, just stating a fact, which is: we get lag too. It is very bad. And we do our best to fight through it, put up with it etc. Then you say 'hoping the situation remains the same in the end...' What does that mean?! That I want the lag to stay the same? Hell no. And this isn't about ettens balance btw, that's a different topic. This is about lag. Remove the lag and we can all enjoy the action together free from the restrictions of lag. It's what I thought everybody wanted. So I just don't get this statement.

Then: 'you know very well how it ends when there's no lag on Eldar.' I don't know what this means. When will there 'not be lag on eldar?'

Then: 'some of the creeps with skills came to have a propositive discussion instead and i thank them,' For a start there isn't even such a word as 'propositive'. Even though I try, I really do try to make posts that are constructive and positive and diplomatic, it seems at every turn you will find some reason to dismiss it all, and go on the attack. Why? Your reactions to me seem wholly coloured by the fact that I play creep. So who's really defending who's ground, when everything I say to you is dismissed as meaningless, weighed with a creep bias etc? I even wrote a bit in one post how I played freep for several years, was a dwarf, an RP dwarf too, and a hardcore tank, just to paint you a picture for your own benefit to say 'hey, I'm not just some dumb monster, I was a freep first and foremost', so I completely know where you all come from when you speak as freep. etc.

There have been several points you have made in your posts odo that I have agreed with, and stated as such. I have tried to 'meet you half way' on certain issues, and attempt a meaningful debate without childishness and bickering that so usually fills the pages of these types of threads. I am sorry you are not prepared to meet me half way. It was probably a misguided attempt, to bridge the gap where all this silly bickering comes from. I feel I should maybe just shut up and not bother posting anymore, seeing as this kind of subtlety is lost on some people.

For an example of creep lag see this vid from about 4 months ago, the creepraid facing some ~40 freeps at Lug gy. The fight starts about 3mins in. I have a reasonably hi-spec PC too, and this is the common nightly lag we have to put up with.

(best watched at 720p)

Maybe lags, but i like video

Sorry, hand on my heart, I just don't understand what you're trying to say. It's very difficult with a single block of text, lack of proper punctuation, and no separate paragraphs or discernible sentence structure, to understand you. This is not a petty dig at you, but in order to be properly understood, you really need to bring more clarity into what you're saying and how you're saying it.

Firstly, I am interested in the topic. That is why I posted. I'm not 'defending' any turf, just stating a fact, which is: we get lag too. It is very bad. And we do our best to fight through it, put up with it etc. Then you say 'hoping the situation remains the same in the end...' What does that mean?! That I want the lag to stay the same? Hell no. And this isn't about ettens balance btw, that's a different topic. This is about lag. Remove the lag and we can all enjoy the action together free from the restrictions of lag. It's what I thought everybody wanted. So I just don't get this statement.

Then: 'you know very well how it ends when there's no lag on Eldar.' I don't know what this means. When will there 'not be lag on eldar?'

Then: 'some of the creeps with skills came to have a propositive discussion instead and i thank them,' For a start there isn't even such a word as 'propositive'. Even though I try, I really do try to make posts that are constructive and positive and diplomatic, it seems at every turn you will find some reason to dismiss it all, and go on the attack. Why? Your reactions to me seem wholly coloured by the fact that I play creep. So who's really defending who's ground, when everything I say to you is dismissed as meaningless, weighed with a creep bias etc? I even wrote a bit in one post how I played freep for several years, was a dwarf, an RP dwarf too, and a hardcore tank, just to paint you a picture for your own benefit to say 'hey, I'm not just some dumb monster, I was a freep first and foremost', so I completely know where you all come from when you speak as freep. etc.

There have been several points you have made in your posts odo that I have agreed with, and stated as such. I have tried to 'meet you half way' on certain issues, and attempt a meaningful debate without childishness and bickering that so usually fills the pages of these types of threads. I am sorry you are not prepared to meet me half way. It was probably a misguided attempt, to bridge the gap where all this silly bickering comes from. I feel I should maybe just shut up and not bother posting anymore, seeing as this kind of subtlety is lost on some people.
    As English is a second language to me, no doubt I make some errors. I am still able however to understand your innuendos and the nuances you use within your last post. I would suggest we have had several misunderstandings and at this point, since we are both supposedly adults, we agree to disagree and leave it at that. See you in the Etten.

P.S.= http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/propositive
    I admit 'propositive' is probably not standard british english but i checked it on the web and you could have easily done the same.

Then I apologise, very much whole-heartedly, I didn't realise you weren't a native English speaker. And I apologise if there's anything I've said that was misinterpreted.

But I wouldn't call anything I was saying 'innuendo', as that would imply something crafty or disparaging, and that was not the intent. I am happy to agree to disagree, but still, there is always ground to improve agreement. I believe this. We should always be trying to move towards agreement, rather than disagreement, otherwise there is just no point.

It seems that you think I might be trying to be underhanded or deliberately indirect in some of the things I've said, but that is not the case if you knew anything about me. I know that in your raids and groups you have run with Faerdo and Dinodas to name but two, and they are kinnies of mine, and have been for several years. I may not always agree with how Faerdo sometimes approaches Ettens and his raids, but that doesn't mean he isn't a mate. They are both good mates of mine. If you wanted to know more about where I am coming from and what sort of guy I am, they will tell you.

Remind me again, why are you guys here in the main forum?
    [IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/547875_10152075720742701_46971757_n.jpg[/IMG]
    66 Maggot Street, Grothum, Arador's End, Ettenmoors.
    Laurelin/Landroval/Brandywine.

We ask for next-gen hamsters! I really hope that the new BB engine can be used in EM somehow to allow less lag.
    POLARIS --> Esta Sinome
    Axeny - 100 Burg R9 | Nemene - 100 RK R9 | Morrolan - 100 LM R6 | Rashek - 100 WRD | Brutha 100 CPT
    Loiosh - R12 WL | Paqk - R7 Spider | Magru - R6 Def | Burgker - R6 Warg

^This

If there is anyway to make a server look bad, it's by having a server-specific argument in the PvP section
    I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again.

Well the topic of the thread is about gathering information and opinions about lag on freep side in the other servers, i know someone from my server is trying to soil this thread but instead of focusing on them you could concentrate on my original questions. If you think lag is the same all around and when it happens is due to the influence of Mordor, guess you can just avoid to read it and leave it to players who might be interested in knowing more, thanks.

"When the sage points at the moon, all the fool sees is the finger"

Well the topic of the thread is about gathering information and opinions about lag on freep side in the other servers, i know someone from my server is trying to soil this thread but instead of focusing on them you could concentrate on my original questions. If you think lag is the same all around and when it happens is due to the influence of Mordor, guess you can just avoid to read it and leave it to players who might be interested in knowing more, thanks.

"When the sage points at the moon, all the fool sees is the finger"
    You could also refrain from feeding whoever you say is bent on derailing your thread. Don't reply to them! Speak no words to them!

But anyways, I suppose I should go ahead and do my part as well and leave the thread, seeing as how I've already given my answer.
    I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2