We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question about Guardian in the moors

Hey all!

First off I would like to say that I might not be new to the game but Im not in any way a pro player or have the ambition to be one. I've spent my time in middle-earth strolling around from time to time with long breaks one after the other.

Now, recently I've been hanging around in the Ettenmoors and found it to be fun. I have gotten all audacity gear pieces except for one and sometimes I join raids when there is room.
    The thing is that I have a hard time keeping up with the creeps, I find it impossible to solo against a creep and it's not that I want to smash face its just that I would like to have a chance.
    I would like to contribute to a raid when Im in one and I would like to learn how to play better.

Now, is there any tips and trix to a newb guardian in the moors? How to I play better and what gear do you use? Any skillrotation tips?
    I know that guards isn't that tough in the moors but I don't know if I have the ambition to roll another character.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

I'm not a guard, but I can give you some basic advice:
    • Movement. If you do not already, start using your mouse for movement, rather than your keyboard. Don't click skills, use your keyboard for skills.
    • Slows. Slow your target at all times. There's a guardian PvP set that removes the requirements for the Stagger slow, so you can keep it up all the time.
    • Stack mitigations/crit rating/morale.
    • Learn about creep classes, so you know how to counter them.
    • Get decent (teal/gold) gear, if you haven't already.
    • Appropriate legacies/relics, inform your class mates.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much for your reply!

To get a little bit more specific, how do you guards out there gear yourselves for the moors? What jewellery and cloaks etc do you use?
    What virtues and legendary legacies should I go for?

I don't really find that much about that kind of stuff out there on the web.

Protective Cloak of Eomer is nice and easy to obtain, gives good tact mit and some morale and crit. As far as jewelry go for crit/might/vit, probably in that order. Generally the same with virtues, but also look for tact mit.

A lot of your legacies depend on play style. I use a 2h sword and like bleeds, so my suggestions are largely going to be based off of that. For weapon legacies, overwhelm crit, overwhelm/brutal/ttk damage are nice. Increased range on targeted skills is very good, as well as bleed pluses and bleed damage.
    There are not a lot of good OP belt legacies to choose from, you might want to just throw on a +might or +vit legacy.

If you have more questions, specific or general, PM me or reply and I'll be glad to help. Guards can be very deadly in the moors.
    Last edited by Kaern48; Sep 21 2013 at 03:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thermocline View Post
    Thank you very much for your reply!

To get a little bit more specific, how do you guards out there gear yourselves for the moors? What jewellery and cloaks etc do you use?
    What virtues and legendary legacies should I go for?

I don't really find that much about that kind of stuff out there on the web.
    Jewelry-wise I use all of my taking stuff except for my golf pocket item which has might. Other than that the only difference is swapping out PVMP armor with my tanky stuff. I used to stack might with my jewelry as well but I felt too squishy in the Moors so I adopted my current build. It works for me; however, it's also important to note that luck plays some part when you are sparring creeps 1v1. If BA gets blocked for example you might miss out on landing two bleeds. I like to slot +bleed damage and + bleed pulses legacies (love the minute and a half bleed ) on my two-hander speaking of bleeds. Parry responses make a difference as well. More of those mean more damage so don't feel too bad if you loose out sometimes. That's just the luck of the draw.