We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: GUNS

Unhappy I surrender!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, you all got me, I haven't really read the books (although I've seen all the movies) I suppose LOTRO shouldn't have guns after all. I think your probably right, all of you, It would probably ruin the lore.

I'm just so bloody tired of arguing about it, It appears this community holds more truer to the game than I realized. I apologize for fighting you guys for 2 bloody days.

I, Miven Lionsheild, now announce this thread closed upon my full surrender!

Quote Originally Posted by Miven-Lionsheild View Post
    Ok, you all got me, I haven't really read the books (although I've seen all the movies) I suppose LOTRO shouldn't have guns after all. I think your probably right, all of you, It would probably ruin the lore.

I'm just so bloody tired of arguing about it, It appears this community holds more truer to the game than I realized. I apologize for fighting you guys for 2 bloody days.

Don't feel bad. Most of us are old guys that have spent literally decades reading Tolkien's work and dreamed for those decades of being able to visit Middle Earth. This is our dream come true. We love playing as Hobbits(see my sig below), checking out the view from the heights of Weathertop, seeing the Argonath, and loving the fact that the flets in Caras Galadhon have no rails. We are nerds. Tolkien nerds. We have people here in the forums that read and speak fluent Sindarin and Quenya. That's why we fight every lore breaking change tooth and nail. We love our Middle Earth.

Even though I've read the books once a year since 1983, I do love the movies and watch them on a regular basis too!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

*grumbles something about being too late, and therefore being not a wizard at all*
    Last edited by Rainothon; Sep 24 2013 at 03:36 AM. Reason: missed OP's last post. Need coffee now.

I predict there will be catapulted goblin sappers and trolls with hand held slings firing goblin sappers at HD BBs - the days of 'guns' in LOTRO may be coming soon. I don't think the free peoples will get them tho.

Thank you for being civil in this thread! As yes I do agree guns would ruin lore if this were any other MMOG like DAoC (Dark Age Of Camelot) or something I`d have said yes ;3

Honors of War are granted unconditionally. You are welcome to march your surviving troops out of the thread with all of their weapons and equipment, standards and flags flying high. Opponents will line the roads and render appropriate salutes as you pass.

But seriously...

Many of us prefer to see the lore of Tolkien's creation preserved as much as possible. I urge you to read The Lord of the Rings and browse the appendices to see for yourself what many of us love so dearly.

Have fun!
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    http://www.theoldergamers.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4