We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

New to the game!

Hello everyone, today I downloaded LOTRO and played it for a while. I just can say congratulations to the developers, and thanks for making this game a free one to play. My character is called Inuyi a female Lvl 6 Champion (Elf), I would continue playing for today but I have a lot to study hehe.

Do you have any suggestion for a beginner (where to buy better armor, weapons, leveling, etc)?
    Also, which is the server with more people in?

Hope to see you around!

PS- My first language isn't English, sorry for my grammar
    Last edited by Inuyi; Sep 22 2013 at 11:17 PM.

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuyi View Post
    Hello everyone, today I downloaded LOTRO and played it for a while. I just can say congratulations to the developers, and thanks for making this game a free one to play. My character is called Inuyi a female Lvl 6 Champion (Elf), I would continue playing for today but I have a lot to study hehe.

Do you have any suggestion for a beginner (where to buy better armor, weapons, leveling, etc)?

Hope to see you around!

I would wait till ~22 to starting getting the best gear for your level, you level so fast that it doesn't really matter...

What server do you play on?
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Welcome!
    One thing you could do is look into the Kinships on your server. Most Kinships are focused on helping each other out so if you have questions or need help with a quest you can ask the kin if anyone can lend a hand.
    Another good thing is to find a craft you enjoy. Crafting gives Xp which makes it easier to level up in the earlier stages, and you can also help out your kinship (if you join one) by crafting stuff for them.
    Also, save Turbine Points you get doing deeds (unless you pay for them with real money) and get the riding trait. Horses make travelling so much easier.

Have fun!

Robbie, since I just played for my first time, I clicked on a random server and started playing haha. So sorry I can't tell you, but I can try new servers if you suggest one!

Yeah, that happens in most games, better to level up before buying good stuff.

Lord, those are good pieces of advice, thanks a lot! I can't wait until I have vacations so I can meet some players and play constantly. Could you guide me a little bit in how do "alliances" or "clans" work here? I used to play Lineage 2 for about a year and a half, I'm kind of used to their system hehe.

Welcome!

You will see after a while that starting a second character is not too hard, and gives you more storage to decide what to do with all the little purple and rare crafting bits you pick up. You can choose to quest high enough that you earn bling, or make it for your character.

Regarding servers, just play and see how you feel. You may not see anybody in some areas, other areas like major hubs should show at least some players at any time

It's a great game, don't forget ro strengthen your toon as you go with regional deeds that make you stronger. Googling questions helps alot, as the forums are only one source of info.

The Deed log at the bottom of your playing screen will help lots to get you on your way.

Hope to see you around!

Most popular server:
    - US time zone: Brandywine (stabilize large community, mostly endgame levels) and Mendelnor (currently recommended for new players, population could drop after recomended period), Landroval (role-playing, medium stabilize medium server with many role-play activitives)
    - EU-eng: snowbourn, laurelin (role-play) so i heard.

Suggestion for beginner:
    - Dont rush to level cap. Enjoy the leveling, read the quests, explore and enjoy the landscape views... feel the spirit of Middle-earth. Its the best part of the game.
    - Armour get from questing should be good enough for most of solo quest (there are small fellowship, fellowship and raid quests that you might have trouble with if you're on your own). Mouse over your stats to see which recommended for your class.
    - You can leave the crafting part of the game till level cap, because some professions need materials that hard and take long time to find, or lots of gold to buy. If you want to level crafting skills along, then you should choose easy vocation for new player: yeoman or explorer.
    - Join GLFF (or on some server, its GlobalLFF) channel. Its a kind of "world channel) (type /joinchannel GLFF).
    - Might take a few try to find a friendly, active kinship that fit for you.

Great advice everyone, I'm really glad there's a lot of people willing to help around Today I joined my first Kinships, all of the players are lvl 85 but me, a weak lvl 10 haha. I read a lot of guides today, since I was having trouble with a couple things but already solved out.

I created my character in Mendelnor server (I think), even not knowing that that was the recommended server for new players hehe.

Inuyi,

Welcome to LOTRO! Your English is very good, for what it is worth

Meneldor was the recommended server, but now Evernight is (which is good, it had a rather low population). I personally love both Elendilmir and Landroval... Elendilmir also has a pretty large Oceanic community (players from the western side of the Pacific). Enjoy the game!
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/dgoqrr.jpg[/IMG]
    RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle[B]
    Landroval[/B]: [SIZE=1]LAERLIN ([URL="http://tinyurl.com/laerlin"]Bio + Drawings[/URL]) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND ([URL="http://tinyurl.com/aethelind"]Bio + Drawing[/URL]) • NETHAEL[/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://tinyurl.com/mnwbbbq"]Make LOTRO Housing Fun & Profitable![/URL] • [URL="http://tinyurl.com/m33b8be"]New Dye Color Suggestions![/URL][/CENTER]

Just for reference, some of the original servers were controlled by a company called Codemasters in Europe. There, they set aside different servers where the main language was English, French (Estel, Sirannon), and German (Anduin, Belegaer, Gwalhir, Maiar, Morthond, Vanyar).

All of the US servers are primarily English but you will find kins on most servers where most of the members speak a language other than English in kin-chat.

So feel free to look around in the forums and you may find a kinship that is based on your primary language. This may make it easier for you to understand the other players and to be understood by them. This is not to say you are not welcome on any server you want, it is merely a suggestion in case you would be more comfortable with a group of players that speak the same language as you do.
    [CENTER][B][I][COLOR=yellow]LOTRO proves that Middle Earth is Hobbit Forming![/COLOR][/I][/B][/CENTER]

Welcome to LotRO!

One advice on choosing armour and other equipment: Take some time to study your character window. Especially, hover over the stats with your cursor (and over your other values such as morale, resistances, parrry etc. as well). A tooltip will show up where you can see how the stat contributes to your other values and what stats are important for your class.

Have fun and enjoy your ride (once you have a mount)!

Bienvenido/a! Supongo que es espanol tu primer idioma, si vienes de Chile. Este juego se nota que es bueno desde que uno comienza & me alegro que te guste. Es un poco complejo asi que es bueno que busques compania, aunque no es imposible jugarlo solo en su mayoria. Hay muchisimos latinos aca, & supongo que hay grupos "kinships" hispano-hablantes en todos los servidores. Para saber que servidor te conviene mas, fijate no solo en cual es recomendado sino tambien si dicen EU. Los que dicen EU son los que le dieron a los jugadores que migraron de los servidore de Europa & puede que no encuentres mucha gente en tus horas de juego si estas en America, por la diferencia de horario. Puedes jugar en cualquier servidor sin restricciones asi que de ser necesario puedes transladar tu personaje o crear 1 nuevo en el otro servidor. Ninguno de tus personajes anteriores sera borrado a menos que tu lo pidas.