We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

In-game available cosmetics/dyes

Is there some kind of resource listing what Colour Packs (if any) and War-steed Outfits are available in game (not from Store)? The festivals have all added various caparisons and full outfits, and some quests give cosmetics, but is there any Hides available? Colour Packs?

Given the outrageous store prices, It would be nice to know just what is possible to get in game before I spend good semi-virtual money on it...

No, I don't think there are any war-steed dyes, other than the ones from the LotRO store.

Ok, but War-steed Hides? Any of those available? And if so - where?

The only war steed hide that drops from war bands is the Spotted hide.

Here's Kyrian on Sablewind to show you the spotted hide:

I've heard you can get the Light Banded Leather Halter, Torchbearer’s Accessory, and a few other items from loot boxes. You can get a red skeleton painted steed from a loot box, but that doesn't give you a war steed appearance.

The cosmetics available on the landscape from questing are: Norcrofts, Sutcrofts, Wold, Entwash, and West Rohan. (I might be missing some, sorry.)

Here's Cennwyn with Light saddle of Entwash, Light caparison and leggings of the Norcrofts (Orange), and Vagabond’s gear.

Here's the caparison, leggings and halter of the Wold, with a Yule saddle:

To preview the Store steeds, click here: http://www.danania.net/p/all-steeds.html

I hope that's helpful!
    Last edited by XinaLotRO; Jan 16 2014 at 10:42 AM.
    --= Windy Acres Ranch -- http://SteelAndMagic.com =--

Wow! Thanks! Great to know at least one hide is available without spending TP! And there will at least be a couple different looks to get

Cool Color Cosmetics for War-steeds

Quote Originally Posted by Cadd_EU View Post
    Is there some kind of resource listing what Colour Packs (if any) and War-steed Outfits are available in game (not from Store)? The festivals have all added various caparisons and full outfits, and some quests give cosmetics, but is there any Hides available? Colour Packs?

Given the outrageous store prices, It would be nice to know just what is possible to get in game before I spend good semi-virtual money on it...
    I wouldn't have as much trouble with the cost of the war-steed color packs if they were account-wide. Paying that much for one set of colors for one character's steed is too much. You would need to be a dragon with a horde in order to get every color palette for more than one character. Is there a possibility of making these colors account-wide, like the Journeyman Riding?

Quote Originally Posted by Elenloth View Post
    I wouldn't have as much trouble with the cost of the war-steed color packs if they were account-wide. Paying that much for one set of colors for one character's steed is too much. You would need to be a dragon with a horde in order to get every color palette for more than one character. Is there a possibility of making these colors account-wide, like the Journeyman Riding?
    Oh please goodness yes! Come on - each pack is already priced at the level of a smallish quest pack (and those are account wide and will even give you tp back from deeding through it!). I could even live with a 695 or even 795 tp price if the colour packs were account wide - I'd just look at it as I do quest packs, something to pick up over time. Heck, if they were account wide, I would over time pick them all up, no question about it! As it is, I'm not sure I'll pick up even a single pack unless I run into at least a 50% discount!

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Quote Originally Posted by XinaLotRO View Post

Here's the caparison, leggings and halter of the Wold, with a Yule saddle:

To preview the Store steeds, click here: http://www.danania.net/p/all-steeds.html

I hope that's helpful!
    La la, lily la, skipping through the pastures.
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

The war steed dyes, and various hides are available from the Store, if you would like to know what they will look like on your steed:
    http://warsteeds.com/cosmetic-items-database/

The Spotted hide can drop from the warbands from the Riders of Rohan expansion only (so they just drop from the eastemnet warbands, not from the westemnet or wildermore warbands)

There are quite a few war steed cosmetics available in-game:

the sets/caparisons from festivals are one means of getting some cosmetics.

From quests in East Rohan you'll get:
    Light Set of the Entwash
    Light Set of the Norcrofts
    Light Set of the Sutcrofts
    Light Set of the Wold

On finishing 'the road to erebor' deed
    Dale-lands Set

1, 2, 3, 4, 5 orcheads on a pike, are an accessory, drop from wildermore warband boxes (the 1 orc head drops from east rohan i believe)
    There is also an accessory you get from an east rohan quest reward, i don't remember the name, but it's a green flag..

From the westemnet can drop, from warbands:
    Halter of west Rohan: Blue Box of Eastfold Spoils (Warband: snapfang), also: Silver Box of Westfold Spoils (Warbands: Bethan, and Bosnauk)
    Saddle of west Rohan: Blue Box of Stonedeans Spoils (Warbands: Ognir, Inras, and Geralht)
    Caparison of west Rohan: Silver Box of Stonedeans Spoils (Warband: Macsen), also: Red Box of Westfold Spoils (Warband: Patarshan)

That is about what i can come up with atm, hope it helps
    [img]http://www.djelle.dk/sig-lotro.jpg?&f=gp&id=7350385&lo=1x0s0xqh2j591&t1=Iminye%20Silithair&t2=Elven%20Maiden%20-%20Hunter&t3=Blossom%20in%20the%20Snow&k=Ignition&i=images6.alphacoders.com/358/358157.jpg[/img]

Question for someone way better at Websites than I am:

Is there a way to set up a website with a default Model Horse and the normal strength game lighting (say day at morning/noon), then have people be able to preview the various hides, colors, and cosmetics? I'm thinking of how they do some clothing websites now, where you mouse over or choose a color and "magically" that color appears on the models dress. I'm wondering if people could select a hide, color and poof, they see what the warsteed looks like in that combination, then can "add" various cosmetics on to that.

I'm willing to set up with someone on Landy using my mount. I have all the hides and colors, at the least.

The last festival mounts also have correspondent war-steed cosmetic sets (starting with the Winter Festival which started in December 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by FroukjeMarije View Post
    From the westemnet can drop, from warbands:
    Halter of west Rohan: Blue Box of Eastfold Spoils (Warband: snapfang), also: Silver Box of Westfold Spoils (Warbands: Bethan, and Bosnauk)
    Saddle of west Rohan: Blue Box of Stonedeans Spoils (Warbands: Ognir, Inras, and Geralht)
    Caparison of west Rohan: Silver Box of Stonedeans Spoils (Warband: Macsen), also: Red Box of Westfold Spoils (Warband: Patarshan)

That is about what i can come up with atm, hope it helps
    The Saddle and Caparison can drop from Eastfold warbands too, I found all 3 pieces in that area. And someone knows if the leggings do exist?