We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Here and Back Again

Hi after almost a 3 year hiatus of playing LotRO I've decided to come on back. However I am looking more of something that will keep me interested in the game a lot longer.
    I see two servers that I am interested in possibly joining but wanted to get some advice before doing so.

Landroval is role-play encouraged server, how populated is the server? Is it a US server?
    Laurelin looks cool, but its a European server correct?

I want to experience a server of very friendly, helpful and dedicated players but not sure RP is for me just yet.
    When on the Laurelin server is being 'in-character' a requirement 100% of the time?

I am on the East coast in the US and my playing time is more likely 10pm to 12/1am.
    Active players on either at that time?

I look forward to meeting many new players and having a wonderful time in Middle Earth again!

From reading your post I would definitely say for you to go with Landroval.

It's a very friendly server with a decent population and a lot going on, as well as some casual role-play. It should suit you well I think.
    [center][url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?18699-How-to-get-help-on-the-Tech-Forums-and-how-to-contact-Turbine][color=gold]How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine[/color][/url]

[color=green]Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.[/color][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by tadward View Post
    Hi after almost a 3 year hiatus of playing LotRO I've decided to come on back. However I am looking more of something that will keep me interested in the game a lot longer.
    I see two servers that I am interested in possibly joining but wanted to get some advice before doing so.

Landroval is role-play encouraged server, how populated is the server? Is it a US server?
    Laurelin looks cool, but its a European server correct?
    Yes, and no. Landroval was unofficial RP server for US, and Laurelin was official RP server for EU.
    Both are now in US, with Landroval being RP encouraged and Laurelin RP-enforced. Both have large and active RP communities.
    The difference is small - in that on Laurelin, these who tend to RP, are a bit more protected from unfriendly players by the server ruleset. Including the offender party being banned from Laurelin (and only Laurelin) server for disrupting RP of others. Also, while names found racistic, hatred or generally rude are forbidden on any server, on Laurelin the non-lore names like McKiller, Ipwnya, atc, could get you forcely renamed.
    Other difference is, the old players on eqach server are more active in their respective timezones.

I want to experience a server of very friendly, helpful and dedicated players but not sure RP is for me just yet.
    When on the Laurelin server is being 'in-character' a requirement 100% of the time?
    Definitely not 100%, not even close to 10%. BUT - on Laurelin, if You see someone RPing, you shouldn't go in "jumping jack style" over them, just because you can. The rule is - you should honour other people RP, not interrupt it.

I am on the East coast in the US and my playing time is more likely 10pm to 12/1am.
    Active players on either at that time?

I look forward to meeting many new players and having a wonderful time in Middle Earth again!
    Definitely more active players on Landroval at that time. Though there are quite many emmigrants on Laurelin as well, including whole kins.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000163bef/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Thank you, Turbine, for listening and giving us an opt-out of FE! Good work!