We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Confusion on Swift Travel

Okay just to start off, I've actually been playing for a year or so now, but I don't exactly know where to post this, I don't even know if it's been answered already so I apologize beforehand. Anyway, back in February 2012, I first started playing as a VIP for about a month, then my account turned Premium, as it should. Now I know very well that only the characters that I made during my time as VIP get access to swift travel routes. But there's an option in the store to buy swift travel, so shouldn't I be able to buy it? Or was that taken out? I can't seem to find any kind of information on it, in the store or on these forums. But it makes no sense that I shouldn't have access to buy it, if it's there. Can anyone point me in the right direction here, still just noob here, trying to make her way in the LOTRO world/forums Thanks all.

I think they took out the swift travel stuff from the store when they introduced Mithril Coins.

Instead, you just pay a coin a trip.

(TBH, I don't know how it works as a premium player, being a lifetimer, but I have accidentally spent Mithril coins on swift travel)

I thought you had to do at least 20 quests in a zone to unlock swift travel.

Okay, thanks. I figured that they'd do something like that :/ just my luck? I cannot really afford to pay at least 50 turbine points a day, 7 days a week, etc. So I guess I'll just have to start hitchhiking

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbins View Post
    I thought you had to do at least 20 quests in a zone to unlock swift travel.
    Some routes are gated by requirements such as this but not all.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Azai View Post
    Okay, thanks. I figured that they'd do something like that :/ just my luck? I cannot really afford to pay at least 50 turbine points a day, 7 days a week, etc. So I guess I'll just have to start hitchhiking
    There is usually a non-swift travel route that duplicates the swift one, so you'll just have to admire the scenery.

The character you logged in with while VIP *will* have access to those swift travel routes, once you meet any other requirements for them.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

Lightbulb

Is this Alternate Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Azai View Post
    Note: the old swift-travel unlocks were also time-restricted (think one hour/day/week/month), there was never a permanent swift-travel unlock in the store.
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more