We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Re: Revised Class Skills & Helm's Deep

I will not be buying the Helm's Deep expansion, but I understand the skill tree changes to all the classes will be available to everyone? For characters already in progress, will they allow you to re-spec your skills, or do you need to start a character from scratch in order to take advantage of the changes?

Thanks for any and all help.

There won't be any need to reroll; all characters will be changed over to the new system when HD gets released. Most likely, any existing characters will automatically get a certain amount of trait points to spend in the new tree (depending on level and completed class deeds, as I understand it), and you'll be able to set your character's traits and specialization immediately. If some traits/skills are gated behind class deeds that you haven't completed yet, you'll have to complete the deeds before accessing those.

Please note I'm not part of the HD beta; I'm speculating based on what's been described publicly and my expectation that it will work a lot like the existing mounted combat trait trees: when U11 revamped the mounted combat yellow trait tree for all classes, everyone's mounted trait points were reset, but the total amount of points available to a character didn't change. It didn't matter if your account was VIP, or whether you had purchased Wildermore QP separately -- the mounted combat changes went into effect immediately, for everyone.

The class changes in HD will be similar: when HD is released, everyone will use the new class trait trees. The class trait slot system we use now simply won't exist anymore.
    Join the LotRO Volunteer QA Team!
    Use the [url="http://lotrobugs.turbine.com"][color=red]bug reporting tool[/color][/url] or type /bug in-game!*
    [SIZE=1]*no rants please[/size]