We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Is this okay to do?

Okay so my friend told me an easy way to get TP was to buy rep items off of the AH (or farm them yourself) and simply max out kindred on the factions you can for for an easy 50 TP per and then do it on alts, and then create and delete more. He earned 600 TP in only around 2 hours from buying all the rep items off AH and then doing that (he did spend over 300 gold though, and a bunch of marks/medallions to buy some rep items from skirmish vendor). So is this okay to do or is it ban able or anything because this simply seems way to easy to earn TP.

Quote Originally Posted by Narsir View Post
    Okay so my friend told me an easy way to get TP was to buy rep items off of the AH (or farm them yourself) and simply max out kindred on the factions you can for for an easy 50 TP per and then do it on alts, and then create and delete more. He earned 600 TP in only around 2 hours from buying all the rep items off AH and then doing that (he did spend over 300 gold though, and a bunch of marks/medallions to buy some rep items from skirmish vendor). So is this okay to do or is it ban able or anything because this simply seems way to easy to earn TP.
    Its quite easy, and completely legit.

This method more geared toward a player who's already got a good infrastructure because you either have to buy the rep items, or obtain them yourself.

That said your friend may want to work on their efficiency. 300G is quite a lot for only 600TP worth of rep items when you can get 520 per alt easily enough (10* kindred + 2 map deeds)
    Last edited by Crell_1; Sep 21 2013 at 03:12 AM.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

NO!
    you wait on the glff for FREE rep items!
    just kidding. I don't know how you get 300g in a short time though, and I think I earned around the same tp with my alts by simply clearing off the low-level slayer deeds and exploring starter areas.
    good luck on your tp quest!
    [url]http://eternalno0b9aming.tumblr.com/[/url]

First of all: No you can't get ban for doing this, which is why LOTRO developed the term Freeium. You can get everything without spending a single dime.

Second of all: Early on, it's easy to get TP. Even without the Reps. Reps are just the easy going TP for higher level players.

-All slayer deeds before level 20 nets around 140tp (shire, bree, erd luin)
    -Do Bree's Rep for easy 50.
    -Do Explore deed for very easy tp, bout 50? (shre, bree, erd luin)
    -Do the quest deeds which nets another 90tp for bree and erd luin. Shire being too much, just do the mail deed which is enough for the tier 1 quest deed which nets 15tp.
    In total, you should net an easy 345 tp every 2 hours doing this.

I did this back when I began playing LOTRO. Just to ligthen you up, I farmed over 13k points, used them to buy skill slots, RK, ward, draigoch when it was 1.3k, Isengard IC when it was higher, all map packs but mirkwood northdowns rivendale and moria at the time, unlocked 3 more characters and capped 2 characters to level 75 (when it was the old cap) before I made my first purchase.

Most farmed in 1 week was 8k tp.

REP item farm:
    -Kill mobs that drops the rep items but do it in groups since everyone gets their own loots.

Yah, there is no regulation against that way of TP farming & lot of players use it. You still can make it way cheaper by farming the reputation items on a high level alt & inheriting the items them to the low level alts instead buying them on AH.
    Is this Alternate Character Disorder? :