We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: New player help

New player help

Hi, My friend recently achieved level 26 and he was under the impression that there was a travel function to "Ost Guruth", He has been to his trainer and reports there is no quest to start the particular quest chain involving Trumsworth, and neither does he speak to my hunter friend about the quest...Is there a pre-requisite to obtain this quest that I can not find information about?

Thanks.

I'm assuming your talking about the skill that is given by completing this quest- http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ques..._by_Ost_Guruth Which you should be able to receive from any hunter trainer though I have noticed before on my hunter that the trainer in south Bree near the reputation vendors sometimes has quests that the others don't. If the trainer for sure doesn't have the quest for them and they are sure they haven't gotten it earlier, believe me Ive done it on characters lol then Id say do a game ticket for help.
    Eldalleth Altaholic on Gladden and Landroval and Brandywine (Formerly of Dwarrowdelf)
    I stream on twitch you can find me on twitch.tv/eldalleth
    I am also a member of the Official Lotro Stream Team and can be seen Wednesday nights there :)

Quote Originally Posted by Eldalleth View Post
    I'm assuming your talking about the skill that is given by completing this quest- http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ques..._by_Ost_Guruth Which you should be able to receive from any hunter trainer though I have noticed before on my hunter that the trainer in south Bree near the reputation vendors sometimes has quests that the others don't. If the trainer for sure doesn't have the quest for them and they are sure they haven't gotten it earlier, believe me Ive done it on characters lol then Id say do a game ticket for help.
    There is also a return to ost guruth hunter port that's free ie. no travel rations when you've hit kindred.

otherwise if you've been there before and shook hands with the stable master you can get a horse from bree iirc.
    Elendilmir - 95 Hunter Berenthalion - 80ish Burg Berendybuck - baby warden Berenion.

Worst Reaver on the server BerendyBash - R4

Quote Originally Posted by Eldarian_Grace View Post
    There is also a return to ost guruth hunter port that's free ie. no travel rations when you've hit kindred.

otherwise if you've been there before and shook hands with the stable master you can get a horse from bree iirc.

Just want to point out that this is somewhat incorrect.
    ALL Return to type skills are Reputation skills that you can barter for from several different factions in the game.
    They are not Class ports.

It is true that Return to skills do NOT use Travel rations, however they share the same cooldown as your Milestone skill (i.e. using one of your Return to skills puts them ALL on cooldown as well as your Milestone (Return Home) skill(s)).

The Hunter class ports are listed as Guide to and do cost Travel rations
    [IMG]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-OOGLYqiRemk/U2TxWOwnO6I/AAAAAAAACSE/bk3MyjILFJ0/w350-h120-no/LOTRO+Forums+Sig.jpg[/IMG]

Fat, Fuzzy, & Disabled............life doesn't get any better!
    Kinship: Roxxi Manor

Quote Originally Posted by Grhysli View Post
    It is true that Return to skills do NOT use Travel rations, however they share the same cooldown as your Milestone skill (i.e. using one of your Return to skills puts them ALL on cooldown as well as your Milestone (Return Home) skill(s)).
    Incorrect. "Return to" skills do not share cooldowns with your Milestone skills or each other.

Lightbulb

All "Return to..." skills & milestone used to share 1 same cooldown. This is not true anymore since quite some time ago. Now milestone skills & "Return to..." have different kind of cooldowns based on skill category & each skill have its own cooldown that run alone without affect the others. This was done so you don't have travel to Rivendel from Thorins & wait 1 hour to go back to Thorins to continue the epic for example, & unable to map anywhere else to keep questing. Also they got divided by categories to have 1 scroll that gives a reduce cooldown passive skill for milestones skills & another scroll that gives a reduced cooldown passive skill for "Return to..." skills since now you can have more than 1 milestone.

You can optain your 1st milestone as quest reward, all others & the cooldown reduction scroll are store only. The "Return to..." skills are ussually sale by reputation vendors & most require kindred, a few are race related & require some racial deed completion. There are some duplicates of those skills sold by vendor to the characters race that the zone do not correspond, they require reputation instead. & there are duplicates store only that have no race baring if you dont want to equip that racial trait. I beleive that "Return to Ost Guruth" is the "Return to..." skill that is not sold by a vendor but automatically granted by the reputation deed.

Also hunters & wardens have their own swift travel class skills that are optained by class trainer at lower levels & reputation vendor at higher levels. They can also optain the other milestone & "Return to..." skills.

Last but not less important, now all swift travel skills ("Return to...", racial & class specific) but the milestones use travel rations. So keep a stack in your bag at all times is a good idea.
    Last edited by YamydeAragon; Sep 24 2013 at 02:37 PM.
    Is this Alternate Playable Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth