We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Dressage One YEAR Later

So Riders of Rohan has been out for a year now and the Dressage daily quest is STILL broken. Support tickets get closed with cut & paste answers about submitting a bug. Everyone already knows its bugged and broken. Its been broken for over a YEAR!

Since it seems you have no intention of fixing this quest remove it from the deed requirements so we can actually complete deeds and get the rewards that are LONG overdue.

wow still broken..well better avoid it in my main, cause ill need him to do some dailies to outfit my latest toon that just made it to 75...guess i was lucky to complete it before break/bug

I really don´t understand why they do not remove the quest and give you the entry for the deed when you reach the Hytbold dailies.

Its a weird glitch sometimes when Ive done it works sometimes it doesn't. Things that you may find helpful on the times I have had it work. Enter the field at the opposite end from the quest giver on warsteed, walk slowly up to the Rohirrim, if necessary make sure your standing directly in front of him and on the ring that shows on main map. Sometimes it takes a min or two to start and then you have to be quick about responses and make sure he is targeted. You won't have any emote notices as to the move just have to watch closely and there is sometimes a min or two in between those movements. There are five usually he will perform and never in the same order, drink, flex, charge, cheer and laugh. Wish I could be of more help.
    Eldalleth Altaholic on Gladden and Landroval (Formerly of Dwarrowdelf
    I stream on twitch you can find me on twitch.tv/eldalleth

I've done it all the time on Brandywine for the last 4-5 months and it's worked every time for me that its been up.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

I'm sorry y'all are having so many problems with it. I did it, and it worked. Slow, but I finally got it once I got the emotes right.

yeah after the first initial fix I managed to do it just fine and completed hytbold by February with all related deeds completed. sorry you're having so many problems.

I've done it many times over the past two months. It's so short its one of my preferred quests. Have never had a problem with it. You may need to wait until the next round begins before you start. Also, make sure you are not mixing up charge and cheer.

Ugh, I hated that one. I gave it up for fear of damaging my keyboard.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    [I][FONT=comic sans ms][COLOR=#ffff00]Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check[/COLOR][/FONT][/I]

Quote Originally Posted by MithrielWielder View Post
    I've done it many times over the past two months. It's so short its one of my preferred quests. Have never had a problem with it. You may need to wait until the next round begins before you start. Also, make sure you are not mixing up charge and cheer.
    Same here.

I started Hytbold a few weeks ago. This quest has come up twice. I completed it both times with no problems.

What is the glitch that is being referred to?

Just completed Dressage again, no problem.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

Last time I tried it on Windy (couple of months ago) it was broken - rider refused to move. Haven't bothered trying since.

When I first tried it nearly a year ago, it was broken - the rider wouldn't move. Tried that a few times, same result. After a subsequent patch, I tried it again (multiple times), and it worked fine. Sounds like it's either flaky and you're having bad luck, or else perhaps it can "break" on a server until the next server restart.

Intermittent bugs are the most painful to find and fix... sometimes they never are. If you have a situation where you can reproduce it every time, submit a new /bug on it with as much detail as you can think of. Once bugs can be reproduced at will, they can almost always be fixed.

Khafar

Quote Originally Posted by Akkirinn View Post
    So Riders of Rohan has been out for a year now and the Dressage daily quest is STILL broken. Support tickets get closed with cut & paste answers about submitting a bug. Everyone already knows its bugged and broken. Its been broken for over a YEAR!

Since it seems you have no intention of fixing this quest remove it from the deed requirements so we can actually complete deeds and get the rewards that are LONG overdue.
    The quest seems to be working on Landroval however you must be on your war steed, realized that after many failures on mount

I know this is an old thread, but I just want to confirm, I have done that quest about 5 times in the last couple of months on Landroval and it has never bugged/failed. I'm not sure if that means it was fixed, or if there is some way to do it. Here is what I do in case anyone finds it helpful...

* Mount my war steed.
    * Stop right next to the dressage man.
    * Keep him targeted.
    * Do the same emote as him, immediately after him.
    * Keep doing emotes until the quest says it's ready to turn in.
    --= Windy Acres Ranch -- http://SteelAndMagic.com =--

As far as I can tell, the problem is that when you approach the Rohirrim in the Dressage area, sometimes you get the "Session has begun" immediately, starting your clock to preform an emote. But, the Rohirrim didn't do anything, and even preforming all 5 emotes will get you a quest failure as you time out.

Whenever that happened, I'd just do other quests/warbands and come back in an hour or so and try again. The next time I attempt it, it usually works.

I only do that one once on each character. I've only once had the case when the rider didn't do the emotes at all. However, for some reason, I would always fail on the /lol part (apparently doesn't like my laugh). I figured it might relate to timing/lag. So I found another thread here that talked about setting up shortcuts for it.

For example;

/shortcut 6 /laugh

puts the /lol command shortcut in your position 6 action bar slot. Once there, you can drag it to another action bar slot. I set up all of the emote commands needed on action bar slots before doing the quest. I've found I don't fail any more when doing this. I still only do it one time per character (also with the tower climb - thank you all you kind captains..., the arrow delivery one, the match-the-outfit one, the let's play tag one, the one at the ford with the carguls).

This won't help if the rider doesn't do the emotes, of course.

I don't know if this will work for others, but after more than 30 attempts (including 4 people doing it at the same time beside me because they told me in world chat I was somehow doing it wrong), what I found that worked was to:

1)accept the quest
    2)WALK onto the field (not mounted)
    3)Select the Rohirrim
    4) THEN mount.

This worked on 3 toons in a row after the 30+ tries that hadn't worked (nor the 2 hours of waiting for GM assistance which never came).