We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    All times server-time.
    Elendilmir:

Dawn (or 1 pm): Dudo Chubb, Bogo Chubb, Story-teller
    Morning (or possibly 1 pm, got at 1:10): Lobelia
    Noon: No new ones, those four are still up however. Been up for 40 minutes.
    Afternoon: Nothing new.
    2 PM: Old ones flipped off. Lotho, Holly Hornblower up.

TBD
    Last edited by Laire; Sep 20 2013 at 02:08 PM.

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

Quote Originally Posted by Laire View Post
    All times server-time.
    I dont even know where to start tracking it anymore or if it can be. I had a reset MID-Evening; NOT on the RL hour marker.

We need some input from Turbine.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Valthorian1914 View Post
    Seems to me that the following four are the bane of this quest (at least on Brandywine):

Lobeila Sackville-Baggins

Storyteller

Holly Hornblower

Bogo Chubbs

If anybody has had success on getting any of these four, it would be much appreciated if you could post the approx. time you gotten it. I'm thinking, however, that these will not be made available til a later time in the event.
    I got Bogo Chubb in the evening.Still waiting on the other three.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickysmom View Post
    We had a storyteller in the evening /Riddermark;

Whatever the determining factor is. it is NOT Simply Time of Day .

Quote Originally Posted by Nickysmom View Post
    I got him at dawn :/

Oh someone didn't actually think that making it completely RANDOM would be FUN for people who want to complete it but HAVE only so much time to play? Or would like to be somewhere other than hobbiton which does not have a fast route to get to?

Sigh.

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

Quote Originally Posted by Laire View Post
    I got him at dawn :/

Oh someone didn't actually think that making it completely RANDOM would be FUN for people who want to complete it but HAVE only so much time to play? Or would like to be somewhere other than hobbiton which does not have a fast route to get to?

Sigh.
    If one of my alt accounts had a captain >=40 I'd park him in hobbiton and offer summons monitoring the chat for 'NPC up'; This is insane. When I beta tested this, I thought they were available at static times of day, but that's clearly not the case.

No longer is this a Deed one can reasonably guarantee completion of, and that makes me a very sad hobbit.

Great.. Answer to my ticket:

Greetings. Not all of the NPCs speak at all times. The Gaffers warns players: 'Mind you, you'll need to catch them at just the right time. If they don't seem to have a story for you, check back on them in a while. If you want to hear every story, you'll need to have some perseverance!'. Thank you for contacting Turbine Customer Support.

So, basically I am forced to stay at NPC and wait for specific quest. BTW, i was waiting for more than 2 hours for storyteller's quest. It's possible I missed it at some point. I cannot sit it front of monitor and watch for stupid NPC - I have life, I have work to do, and I have other things

Again, Turbine/WB turned great fun into garbage.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THIS

The stories are cute, but wow, the way the NPCs work is beyond boring.

Yeah, this is a one and done thing for me...I can imagine a game mechanic where you would have the NPC's pop in a particular order, but this sitting around and waiting is for the birds.

Rak
    Rakulp
    "Honor Above All"

The longer I have to wait for an NPC storygiver to become available, the less likely I am to actually read the story. I will click through it as quickly as possible so as not to miss the opportunity. The storygivers I could click on at my leisure... those I actually read the stories for...

The mechanics are draining all of the fun of the stories away from them...

/sighs

[CENTER][COLOR=#f0fff0][I]Trilli M Thistletoes ~ Hobbit Hunter of Gladden, Landroval & Crickhollow[/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]

On each real-world hour, Ted + 4 of other 11 hobbits get chatty.
    Everyone on same server has access to the same hobbits during that hour.
    Different servers see different groups of hobbits get chatty.
    Unknown if there are set groups of 4 that are cycled between, or if its just a random selection of 4.
    Based on what I've seen so far on Silverlode, I'm thinking its just a random 4.
    Last edited by Moochi; Sep 20 2013 at 03:01 PM. Reason: typos
    [FONT=Verdana][CENTER][COLOR=#666666]Silverlode lvl100 raiding characters: [/COLOR][COLOR=#FF0000]Glaistig [COLOR=#FFFF00]Skop[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=#666666] | lvl100 solo and small group characters: Bede, Elentir, & Wibba[/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [/FONT]
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu6/sierraechotango/LOTRO/Sigwwwdjelledk003_zps89225b3e.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#666666][COLOR="#FFA500"]Moochinbras [/COLOR]- former expert treasure-hunter of Silverlode, now enjoying retirement on Landroval [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by deliguy View Post
    Seems to me the QQ'ers are running out of things to gripe about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodrick View Post
    You seem to have found something.....:P
    That sounded like an observation to me.
    But no, deliguy, there will always be something.

Goreamir - 100 Cap | Jinwe - 88 Hnt | Celebourne - 90 Champ | Humblefoot - 75 Min | Dorfus - 74 Grd | Creonath - 55 Wdn | Stormcraban - 35 LM | Whippit - 35 Brg | Thangadir - 33 RK | Bucksexton - 24 Bng

I think I'm on the fourth hour in Hobbiton, logging on off on off and I have 4 more hobbits to talk to for the deed - and four more stories to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Moochi View Post
    On each real-world hour, Ted + 4 of other 11 hobbits get chatty.
    Everyone on same server has access to the same hobbits during that hour.
    Different servers see different groups of hobbits get chatty.
    Unknown if there are set groups of 4 that are cycled between, or if its just a random selection of 4.
    Based on what I've seen so far on Silverlode, I'm thinking its just a random 4.
    This sounds very possible. Maybe not every hour but every 30 minutes? Don't know, Hobbiton on my server is overcrowded for several hours and 2 hobbits just never wish to talk.
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtarel - Hunter / Kadarka - Minstrel
    Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Ishtari - RNK 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105
    The Mellowship || Eldar -> Evernight

Finished on one alt. There's no reset ring on Frodo, so this looks like a one time quest unless the auto-bestowed initial quest shows up again.

I'll tell you why they made the times random. Because Bounder's Bags are the reward, having random times makes it a lot more frustrating/difficult for those with umpteen alts to quickly complete the quest and rake in the tokens. I don't agree with their decision to do this, but I am sure that is the reason.
    Radian- Champion- Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Valthorian1914 View Post
    Seems to me that the following four are the bane of this quest (at least on Brandywine):

Lobeila Sackville-Baggins

Storyteller

Holly Hornblower

Bogo Chubbs

If anybody has had success on getting any of these four, it would be much appreciated if you could post the approx. time you gotten it. I'm thinking, however, that these will not be made available til a later time in the event.
    Last time i saw´the Quest at Lobeila Sackville-Baggins at noon. I guess the time is random though.

Complaints on the interwebs? Wow, that's new. Seriously, though, I don't understand the mindset of some people who seem to just want everything to be a 1-click win. I logged in to the game around 8:30am (local time - I have no idea what the server time is) on Gladden and logged off around 12:15pm, after completing the Birthday quests/deed, 2 skirmishes while waiting for the stories to change, turning in my bounder's tokens in MD, using a plethora of festival consumables thanks to the crowds, listening to a few podcasts, checking emails, making tea and breakfast, doing laundry, etc. The point is, if you're standing in Hobbiton staring at your screen for hours, you're making this much harder than it needs to be, and/or looking for new things about which to complain (how do I know what sinks your fish?). Anyway, I'd like to genuinely thank Turbine for creating another fun event.

My experience thus far (based on the game day/night cycle, not a particular server time):

Ted Sandyman...Automatic
    Sheriff Robin Smallburrow...Morning
    Dudo Chubbs...Not day
    Lobellia Sackville-Baggins...?
    The Storyteller...Morning
    Hal Hornblower...Not day
    Bogo Chubb...Middle Night
    Lortho Sackville-Baggins...Middle Night
    A hobbit child...Not day
    Hereward Loamsdown...Noon
    Holly Hornblower...Noon
    Postman Grubb...Middle Night

This contradicts Crell's findings in some respects.

Edit:
    4:10pm...Friday...Early Night...Lortho Sackville-Baggins
    4:10pm...Friday...Early Night...Postman Grubb
    4:16pm...Friday...Early Night...Hereward Loamsdown
    4:16pm...Friday...Early Night...Sheriff Robin Smallburrow

This contradicts my own findings for an in game day/night cycle pattern.

This may indicate a worse case scenario: it is random, with storytellers changing at the top of every hour.

Edit:
    5:01pm...Friday...Late Night...The Child
    5:06pm...Friday...Ladt Night...Bogo Chubb

Storytellers change at the top of the hour. Storytellers remain active the entire hour. The selection of active storytellers in a given hour appears random. I have not yet seen a repeat storyteller from one hour to the next.
    Last edited by Vexendynamus; Sep 20 2013 at 05:16 PM.

A little something extra for your patience:
    [FONT=Verdana][CENTER][COLOR=#666666]Silverlode lvl100 raiding characters: [/COLOR][COLOR=#FF0000]Glaistig [COLOR=#FFFF00]Skop[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=#666666] | lvl100 solo and small group characters: Bede, Elentir, & Wibba[/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [/FONT]
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu6/sierraechotango/LOTRO/Sigwwwdjelledk003_zps89225b3e.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#666666][COLOR="#FFA500"]Moochinbras [/COLOR]- former expert treasure-hunter of Silverlode, now enjoying retirement on Landroval [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Anyone know if the item you get is suppose to do anything?
    Mine just says Already in use but nothing happens
    [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/skyn_floote/media/download_zpsnwqup217.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/skyn_floote/download_zpsnwqup217.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    [b]4 Garden St, Grafshaw, Bree-land Homesteads, Silverlode[/b]

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar42 View Post
    Complaints on the interwebs? Wow, that's new.
    So are pat dismissals. After a while you start to go not on the presence of either, but the substance. A good design does not become bad because someone complains, and a bad design doesn't become good because someone dismisses the complaint.

Been in Hobbiton since before 10am est, now 4:30, Bogo Chubb hasn't activated once. The entire server is just standing around waiting on it. Very silly design.

Quote Originally Posted by Whart View Post
    Been in Hobbiton since before 10am est, now 4:30, Bogo Chubb hasn't activated once. The entire server is just standing around waiting on it. Very silly design.
    Same for us but with Dudo on Eldar
    "The internet is a bubble dominated by the loudest, most unrepresentative voices; an infinitesimally small minority of a minority which, deaf to reason and the opinions of others, deludes itself that somehow it is the voice of the majority. An infinite echo chamber of shrieking, witless banality."

Is this quest daily?

I hope not, because I want to go to bed

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast