We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Baggins' Birthday

I was little bit surprised when logged in and got a new remote quest for Baggins' Birthday - it's 2 days before actual birthday!
    Then i started doing quest and realized why even started 2 days ahead - you will have to wait (just wait, doing nothing, not even alt-tabbing to read forums) HOURS for quest to appear on select hobbits...

Is this kind of joke, Torbine/WB? You turned celebration into mindless waste of time.. Great job!

PS: spent 40 minutes waiting to child's story. now waiting almost 40 minutes for storyteller.. need Lobelia, Bogo and Holy.. And this is only my 1st alt - not sure if I want to do this on my other 5...

Quote Originally Posted by Erobor View Post
    I was little bit surprised when logged in and got a new remote quest for Baggins' Birthday - it's 2 days before actual birthday!
    Then i started doing quest and realized why even started 2 days ahead - you will have to wait (just wait, doing nothing, not even alt-tabbing to read forums) HOURS for quest to appear on select hobbits...

Is this kind of joke, Torbine/WB? You turned celebration into mindless waste of time.. Great job!

PS: spent 40 minutes waiting to child's story. now waiting almost 40 minutes for storyteller.. need Lobelia, Bogo and Holy.. And this is only my 1st alt - not sure if I want to do this on my other 5...
    Its a roughly 3hr day and night cycle. I hope someone documents which stories are available at which times somewhere.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

I didn't think that they could come up with something more annoying than the fishing quests.....SUPRISE!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brodrick View Post
    I didn't think that they could come up with something more annoying than the fishing quests.....SUPRISE!!!!!
    Time consuming, yes. I'm not sure its more annoying. If you spent enough time you can guarantee their completion at least.

Plus we have to travel to Rivendell to start it all. This gates the quest sequence so low levels cannot do it.
    And yes, I realize I can use a Mithril Coin. But it has gotten old real fast, this whole "get us too use mithril coins to get festival/special event things done."

Sooo, we still have no reasonable way to get bounder bags from mobs as the drop rate was still abysmal as of yesterday afternoon.
    And I suspect just one bounder bag, a small one, from doing long wait between quests.

This should have been something special. As should have been the whole bounder token statue thing. Sigh...
    Last edited by redwoodtreesprite; Sep 20 2013 at 11:52 AM.
    Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

Quote Originally Posted by redwoodtreesprite View Post
    Plus we have to travel to Rivendell to start it all. This gates the quest sequence so low levels cannot do it.
    No. It does not. You can travel to Rivendell using the Erebor quest from Gandalf in the Pony, or walk at level 15 without worrying about the dangers of a 'Red Zone'. Surely it doesn't take that long to reach level 15.

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    No. It does not. You can travel to Rivendell using the Erebor quest from Gandalf in the Pony, or walk at level 15 without worrying about the dangers of a 'Red Zone'. Surely it doesn't take that long to reach level 15.
    So if that was intended by Turbine, for us to use a loophole in a quest most will not know about, then why not just do a travel now option like for all the festivals?
    Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

Seems to me the QQ'ers are running out of things to gripe about.
    Holder of a Golden Ticket (lifetime acct)

Quote Originally Posted by deliguy View Post
    You seem to have found something.....:P

Quote Originally Posted by deliguy View Post
    It's not funny hanging in Hobbiton staring at a crowd staring at npcs. People getting fed up isn't entirely surprising =)

From what I can tell they change on the hour. So in theory it can be done in just over an hour.

Gandalf has a grey ring for my level 15. My level 25 was able to get the quest and port from Gandalf.
    But a level 25 can run to Rivendell. A level 15 cannot.

So either burn another Mithril coin, for a quest that is poorly implemented, or forget it if you are 15 and below...

I have done Bilbo's Birthday many times on my higher levels, and did not mind that I could not get to Rivendell without dying several times on a character below level 20.
    But many players will be frustated by this "festival" event.

Oh, and there are already many cranky players in the chats in the shire. And there was a crowd standing and waiting by an NPC by the horse in Hobbiton.

---------------------------------------------------------

Do not do this quest if you are doing it for bounder bags. Do it because it is for Bilbo's Birthday.

------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I will suffer the waits on one character, then go back to regular questing in my other MMO...
    Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

Story Times, In progress =)
    --
    Ted Sandyman-Hobbiton-Afternoon *(Any?)
    Shirriff Robin Smallburrow's-inn-NOT AFTERNOON
    Dodo Chubb Hobbiton-Afternoon
    Lobelia Sackville-Baggins-The Hill-NOT AFTERNOON
    Storyteller-Inn in Hobbiton-NOT AFTERNOON
    Hal Hornblower-Hobbiton-Afternoon
    Bogo Chubb Hobbiton-NOT AFTERNOON
    Lotho Sackville-Baggins-The Hill-Afternoon
    Child-Inn in Hobbiton-AFTERNOON
    Hereward Loamsdown's Story-inn-NOT AFTERNOON
    Holly Hornblower-Hobbiton-NOT AFTERNOON
    Postman Grubb-Hobbiton- NOT AFTERNOON
    --
    Help appreciated!

Worst. Quest. Ever.

I don't think that is possible anymore. It looks like that quest has been given a new level, maybe even level 20, and by then you can go to Rivendell anyway since you don't have to worry about loosing any titles.
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Well, the endless waiting thing is on purpose, not an oversight. It is even in the Gaffer's dialogue.

Sigh.... No reason for doing it like this. Really ruins what could be a nice lore oriented quest sequence.
    Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

Quote Originally Posted by andys90 View Post
    From what I can tell they change on the hour. So in theory it can be done in just over an hour.
    Story Times, In progress =)
    --
    Ted Sandyman-Hobbiton-Afternoon *(Any?)
    Shirriff Robin Smallburrow's-inn-NOT AFTERNOON
    Dodo Chubb Hobbiton-Afternoon
    Lobelia Sackville-Baggins-The Hill-NOT AFTERNOON
    Storyteller-Inn in Hobbiton-NOT AFTERNOON
    Hal Hornblower-Hobbiton-Afternoon
    Bogo Chubb Hobbiton-NOT AFTERNOON
    Lotho Sackville-Baggins-The Hill-Afternoon
    Child-Inn in Hobbiton-AFTERNOON
    Hereward Loamsdown's Story-inn-NOT AFTERNOON
    Holly Hornblower-Hobbiton-NOT AFTERNOON
    Postman Grubb-Hobbiton- NOT AFTERNOON
    --
    Help appreciated!

I think every hour it may be random. I've seen them reset twice (so 3 different sets) and the child was never one that was available.
    [u][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmEsCKAb7r0"]Sauron vs. Tom Bombadil[/url][/u][COLOR="Red"] [/color][COLOR="Orange"] A fun what-if video I hope brings a smile[/color][COLOR="Red"][/color]

Its my first "Baggins' Birthday" and i love it!
    I really enjoy reading all the stories about Bilbos disappearence.
    Thank you to the authors of Lotro for the good time!

To all the haters: why would anyone stand there for hours, waiting for the quests to appear? Just read the stories which are available and then do something else. You can check every once in a while if there are new stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Fipiara View Post
    I think every hour it may be random. I've seen them reset twice (so 3 different sets) and the child was never one that was available.
    That would be frustrating since the quest text mentions time of day. Can someone from Turbine speak to this?

Seems to me that the following four are the bane of this quest (at least on Brandywine):

Lobeila Sackville-Baggins

Storyteller

Holly Hornblower

Bogo Chubbs

If anybody has had success on getting any of these four, it would be much appreciated if you could post the approx. time you gotten it. I'm thinking, however, that these will not be made available til a later time in the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnvald View Post
    Its my first "Baggins' Birthday" and i love it!
    I really enjoy reading all the stories about Bilbos disappearence.
    Thank you to the authors of Lotro for the good time!

To all the haters: why would anyone stand there for hours, waiting for the quests to appear? Just read the stories which are available and then do something else. You can check every once in a while if there are new stories.
    you missed the fact that quest (with story to read) is available very short time at random (?) time and to get this quest you HAVE TO WAIT NEAR NPC.

I do not mind waiting 5-10 min top, but more than 1.5 hours - this is way to much..

Looks like QA was fired completely. Otherwise why they keep releasing quest which impossible to complete (like fishy festival quest).

Quote Originally Posted by Erobor View Post
    Looks like QA was fired completely.
    I agree completely.
    A quest event that is designed around making players WAIT for quests to pop is a poorly designed event from the outset.

I agree that this is ridiculous. I realize the NPCs are busy people, but I'm an actual real person who doesn't have the time to hang out in Hobbiton, hoping for the typo-ridden quests to appear, just so I can get bounder bounty bags. I think I'll go do the Boar Poop quest in Enedwaith, since it's way more fun than Baggin's Birthday, so far.
    Favorite Dev Quote from 2009: Graal: The lack of an instant threat catch up skill is one of the differences in tanking between Wardens and Guardians, just like Wardens dont have a easily used forced taunt. It is unlikely, but not impossible that this will change. Bottom line...Dont die.

That would be frustrating since the quest text mentions time of day. Can someone from Turbine speak to this?
    Yeah, quests just rest on the hour - child is now available. (Edit: on Firefoot)
    [u][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmEsCKAb7r0"]Sauron vs. Tom Bombadil[/url][/u][COLOR="Red"] [/color][COLOR="Orange"] A fun what-if video I hope brings a smile[/color][COLOR="Red"][/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Fipiara View Post
    Yeah, quests just rest on the hour - child is now available. (Edit: on Firefoot)
    I've seen resets mid-hour, and mid-<timeperiod>; We just had 2 distinct rounds of quests during the evening watch (a period of 30m)
    This is absolutely nuts. Just give us a static time for them already ^_^

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast