We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Man Burglar or Hobbit Burglar? Which is better?

I am thinking of starting a new burglar class but I am having difficulties in choosing between a man burglar or a hobbit burglar... Which one is better overall? All opinions appreciated, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kellzarr View Post
    I am thinking of starting a new burglar class but I am having difficulties in choosing between a man burglar or a hobbit burglar... Which one is better overall? All opinions appreciated, thanks
    In the Ettens, probably Man. Men get the best racial bonuses - particularly the +inc heal, and at lower levels Strength of Morale - as hobbit flop and HIPS are effectively the same thing.

Otherwise, doesn't really matter.

I have a burglar as my main. I personally think that hobbits make better burglars in the current Pre Helms deep system. They have better stats for stealth and at higher ranks have more means of going into stealth and avoiding agro than humans. (specifically the hobbit stealth and "play dead" traits)

Now after Helms deep its going to be a whole new ballgame. One I personally am looking forward to seeing how its changed and rolling new toons.

just my two copper

In the Ettenmoors, Hobbit is probably the best race for a Burglar right now, even though mine is a Man Burglar. As a Man Burglar, you can be tracked by Wargs (R9 Skill, which 99.99% of wargs buy from store) and Uruks (BA, WL). To be honest though, none of this matters at all with the introduction of store trackers.

Store trackers allow every creep to track the living #### out of you, REGARDLESS of Race.

Also, Spider pets can (still) track you during HIPS not to mention the store tracks that work through HIPS as well. Enjoy.

In PvE, it doesn't make a difference tbh. Just my opinion.

Hobbits have freckles. Therefore Hobbits are the better race to roll.

As my burglar is a Man, ill take it from my persperctive:

+ Strength of Morale - although it could be stronger heal, saved my life lots of times (both in PvP and PvE situations).
    + Easily Inspired - +5% incoming heal. This is probably best race buff ever.
    + Duty Bound - probably best race fellowship buff - +2% morale is in most times much more useful than +2% power(elven buff) or hobbit +1 Hope (doesnt stack with Token)
    + Balance of Man - gives addition B/P/E, although you dont have use for block, about +350 parry and evade is still nice.
    + Sword-Damage bonus - although for PvE you might still want to use Daggers, Swords are very good for PvE soloing and PvP for additional parry chance. And as a man, you have dmg bonus to swords.

Afaik, Hobbits have club damage bonus, but swords are in most situations better for survival purposes. Hobbit stealth is absolutely redundant skill for a burglar (you have your own, better stealth). As a man, you at least have that extra parry and evade. And +5% incoming healing in most situations wins over +1% fear resistance and +1 shadow mitigation.

So imo the only benefit of being a hobbit burglar is that you are harder to be tracked in Ettens and skill Play Dead. And I rarely see good use of Play Dead (cant even remember seeing any hobbit burg using it), while Strength of Morale, even though its not supper strong, I use as often I can, and it helps.

What Grin said.

Hobbit burg has a 100% wasted racial (stealth).

Race of man gets the man heal, and the incoming healing bonus.

The only reason to play a hobbit burg is for the fun of the Lore.

The definitive answer to this question: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...94#post6486894

Hobbit. Overall, Hobbit will give you more starting benefit and later benefits as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Webgiant View Post
    Hobbit. Overall, Hobbit will give you more starting benefit and later benefits as well.
    And these benefits are?

It basically comes down to Play Dead as hobbit vs. 5% inc heal, parry/evade, man heal as man. In my opinion stat wise a man burg tops the hobbit one... I chose a hobbit burg though, I just can't stand these tall and clumsy men!
    Dobb - Burglar R14
    Thar - Guardian
    now on [DE-RP]Belegaer

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz8ZvHFuh6N7VByCiHXLpaw

We all know this.

Hobbits have a stealth bonus. And are a over all awesome (we all know that.) So hobbits by far.

Quote Originally Posted by dwarfness View Post
    Hobbits have a stealth bonus.
    No, they don't.

Hobbits have Fear resistance, Shadow mitigation, Vitality, and non-Combat Morale regen. And, a penalty to Might.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedfrith View Post
    In the Ettens, probably Man. Men get the best racial bonuses - particularly the +inc heal, and at lower levels Strength of Morale - as hobbit flop and HIPS are effectively the same thing.

Otherwise, doesn't really matter.
    I agree with this... Man racial bonuses are tended more for survivability, i.e. down on health, use Strength of Morale. My bur hobbit just flop!

Imo Hobbit, ppl dont like hobbit stealth, but its one extra way to dropping creep tracking in the moors. It has its own CD, so use hobbit stealth and burg stealth back to back to drop double tracks.
    So if u are in combat and want to get away, you can; Hips-burg stealth-hobbit stealth-burg stealth-Tng (Hips again) Its only useful if u have a pack spam tracking u.
    Its let me get away many times in the moors. B/c it has its own timer, u can go back to back with-in 2sec and the creep wont even see the red dot on the mini map.

You're all forgetting about Throw Stone! Really, it's awesome to make sure the enemies know of your whereabouts!

I love my hobbit burglar though there's nothing really that I can see makes hobbits better than man towards being a burglar. Except perhaps their great cuteness which makes it easier to empty the charmed ones pockets. ^_^
    [img]http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y386/HonestSun/ScreenShot00100small_zpscc60221a.jpg[/img]
    [url=http://w11.zetaboards.com/LesBeauxChapeaux/index/]Comunity forums/website of Les Beaux Chapeaux[/url]
    From left to right : Mr Grasdur, Mr Tromblon, Miss Piperia, Mr Bredouille, Mr Chapelier, Miss Marre Annette, Miss Fincin

I made a Man, but if I could do it again I would make a Hobbit instead. I just love Hobbit animations and killing big giant enemies like Trolls as something 3 feet tall. Don't let racial skills that you'll not be using 99.9% of the time sway you much at all. Even the +5% incoming healing, while the best racial trait by a country mile, doesn't matter in the long run. Hobbits can make fine tanks, and if the incoming healing is not a factor for them it shouldn't be for a Burg either. Go with what you like aesthetically and if applicable lore wise. Or if you have lots of Man characters, make a Hobbit, etc. If you go with racial skills over the one you think looks better or you would prefer to play you'll only regret it later.

And of course the original Burglar is a Hobbit.
    [center]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tY1055I.jpg[/IMG]
    [color=green][b]Gloarn[/b][/color] 80 Burglar [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glorn[/b][/color] 75 Champion [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Gloirn[/b][/color] 75 Rune-keeper [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glourn[/b][/color] 75 Captain
    [color=brown][b]Glarnakh[/b][/color] R7 Warleader [color=grey]|[/color] [color=brown][b]Glarno[/b][/color] R6 Reaver
    [/center]

i noticed the man bonus on using swords has gone up to 5% (it used to be 2% no?) while the dagger bonus for burglars is still at 2%. its not a huge difference but still something to consider if you are a man burglar and want to choose weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyna View Post
    i noticed the man bonus on using swords has gone up to 5% (it used to be 2% no?) while the dagger bonus for burglars is still at 2%. its not a huge difference but still something to consider if you are a man burglar and want to choose weapons.
    And if you're a hobbit burglar looking to maximize, I believe the racial trait for clubs got the same increase. Daggers seem to be a thing of the past for now, unless someone prefers them cosmetically.

Evilk

Quote Originally Posted by Aranedain View Post
    And if you're a hobbit burglar looking to maximize, I believe the racial trait for clubs got the same increase. Daggers seem to be a thing of the past for now, unless someone prefers them cosmetically.
    I choiced hobbit burglar because they are so cute and funning.But maybe human burglar can do best when you challenge extreme. I always miss human burglar when I died before a dying ellite master.

For pvmp i've always favoured the smallest available race, in any game. Easier to avoid attention that way, initially.

My main burglar is a hobbit, but I have 2 more man burglars that I also play.
    Racials isn't something you should consider really, as all races has their ups and down. Hobbit stealth can actually be really handy for moors, to shake off tracking warg packs..
    Moridin

Aut vincere aut mori
    Attitude is everything

League of Legends HebnesO: Singed The MAD Chemist. - Gold ranked player season one
    Lotro:Minstrel x2, Burglar x2, Lore Master x2, Guardian, Champion, Captain, Hunter, Runekeeper and Warden
    Ranks:3xr10, 5xr7, 2xr6, 2xr5,r4 and r3.. Lvls: 2x75 8x65
    Retired status: Ultra Casual

Lol. I've seen some good arguments for both.

I picked man for a completely different reason than any of the playability/skill/stat reasons. I picked Man, with the largest body type I could select, because I found it humorous to have a gigantic, bumbling oaf all hunched up and trying to be stealthy. He's been around for several years and I still get a chuckle out of watching my burg in stealth.

From a moors perspective I would never consider making a burglar that wasn't a hobbit for all the reasons mentioned. Hobbit stealth is a very effective skill that I think many man burgs dismiss because they don't realize it does not share a cooldown with normal stealth. It's a fantastic skill for screwing over wargs that think they can spam track you. When all your other escape skills are used up the flop is a great last ditch effort and has saved me on multiple occasions. But most of all imo the best thing about being a hobbit is not being trackable by black arrows. I don't know what other servers are like but DD doesn't have creeps who buy store trackers so I only ever worry about wargs.

I love to pull burglars out of stealth from 40 meters away though with my BA so by all means keep making man burgs people.

Oh yeah, throw stone is an awesome skill, anyone who doesn't realize that doesn't think outside the box. How else will you keep a warg out of melee range that's running away in combat unless you want to stop moving and use a throwing hatchet and riddle is on CD? Throw stone can be used while moving and has been effective for me many times. I'm just waiting for the day I get a KB with it. :P

Also hobbits are cutest and therefor best by default.
    You gotta chill to take it to the next level.

Why does everyone say man racials give b/p/e bonus? Am i the only one capped at everything? Also sword bonus damage is only for auto attacks. Can't tell how big difference it makes but it doesn't increase your skills' DPS.

Other than that, strength of men and +2% max morale are nice bonuses. I say just pick whichever looks nicer to you.

Quote Originally Posted by unip0pcorn View Post
    Why does everyone say man racials give b/p/e bonus? Am i the only one capped at everything? Also sword bonus damage is only for auto attacks. Can't tell how big difference it makes but it doesn't increase your skills' DPS.

Other than that, strength of men and +2% max morale are nice bonuses. I say just pick whichever looks nicer to you.
    I plan a Man Burglar and--I guess I will need to check--I believe the +5% sword damage has to do with all attacks, not just auto-attacks. I also don't think many Burglars are capped on parry. I'm only around 20% and that's with two swords equipped (giving +2%). My guess is that you're referring to evade only.

Strength of Morale is pretty weak now in my opinion, as it's a 3k heal on a 30m cooldown. (It might save your life in a pinch, but it isn't always enough; it's also a long animation with a self-rooting effect unless you follow follow it with an immediate skill.) Duty-Bound is stronger than ever now that it gives +5% morale for 10m out of every 30m. (Get three men in your group, and that's a permanent +5% morale buff.) The +5% incoming healing as a passive is quite strong, too.

I do wish I had Stoop for a Stone sometimes, though...or a flop...or a secondary stealth. And then there's that unquantifiable cuteness factor...

can someone explain me what's so bad about dual clubs instead of dual daggers ( in the context of pvp).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast