We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: HIPS

HIPS

I cant seem to find a thread on this post HD , so apologies if I have missed it but its important to this class and I will continue to voice my concerns until its resolved .

"Improved Hide in Plain Sight" is described as follows

"Disappear from before the enemies eyes . The Burglar can also ignore slowing effects and move at normal runspeed. Briefly improves stealth . Using this skill will not break stealth.

Briefly undetectable in stealth Stealth not broken by damage Duration:10s
    Sets runspeed to 100% Duration:10S
    Removes all Disease, wound,fear, poison effects with Maximum strength of 100 from the target ."

This is within the red line and you also get a reduced CD.

Well does it actually do what the tooltip says ? To me it falls woefully short for a number of reasons .

It doesn't "ignore" slowing effects nor are we "undetectable in stealth" , creeps could (and can continue to )track us relentlessly through the operation of this skill . It makes absolutely no difference whatsoever .

It doesn't remove "all" of anything either . Now I do recall a discussion on BAs trap damage etc not being cured on HIPS but to me "all" mean precisely that !!There are no exceptions . IT should do what it says .

Going into stealth after a death and CDG isn't gong anywhere either .

So please can someone actually fix this ?

my questions:
    - you already achieve full speed when you're stealthed through legaciess?
    - what means 100% of speed for HIPS if you already have +sneak speed %?
    - do you re-appear after Hipsing, or does it work like war disappear skill?
    For having a warg, i can see it possesses far more mobility and stealth tools, as well as tracking than burgs.

Actually it does exactly what the tooltip says it does.

Allow me to translate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirn View Post
    Briefly undetectable in stealth Stealth not broken by damage Duration:10s
    You cannot be spotted, by walking past someone, Stealth is not broken by Damage from effects that were applied to you before you HIPS'ed.

Sets runspeed to 100% Duration:10S
    It seems to work fine from what I have seen, sets your runspeed to 100%, just like the tooltip says it does.

Removes all Disease, wound,fear, poison effects with Maximum strength of 100 from the target ."
    This refers to potable effects(Wound, Disease, Fear, Poison), just as it states. BA trap is in fact not labeled as a wound, which means you cannot pot it, in fact it is not curable.

As for HIPS not working after CDG, I wouldn't know. Perhaps that is because CDG makes you enter stealth as well, and having the two versions of stealth active at the same time breaks stealth completely?

I do not have a burglar of my own, so the last part about CDG is just guessing...
    High Chieftain Zlaughter
    Commander Tarturin
    |MI6| - Evernight
    Original Challenger of Saruman | Original Challenger of Gothmog

Being tracked while in HIPS, is bugged I believe. It never worked like that before. Even if you got tracked, the person who tracked you, would not see where you were and could not attack you.

We can only assume it is bugged and send bug report about that specific thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zlaughter View Post

As for HIPS not working after CDG, I wouldn't know. Perhaps that is because CDG makes you enter stealth as well, and having the two versions of stealth active at the same time breaks stealth completely?

I do not have a burglar of my own, so the last part about CDG is just guessing...
    CDG mucks up HIPS stealth and unstealths you when the CDG stealth duration ends, should you have this on.

Had it happen to me a couple of times, where i would kill a target in a group and HIPS instantly only to be thrown out of stealth again, before the 10 seconds HIPS duration was over.
    Moridin

Aut vincere aut mori
    Attitude is everything

League of Legends HebnesO: Singed The MAD Chemist. - Gold ranked player season one
    Lotro:Minstrel x2, Burglar x2, Lore Master x2, Guardian, Champion, Captain, Hunter, Runekeeper and Warden
    Ranks:3xr10, 5xr7, 2xr6, 2xr5,r4 and r3.. Lvls: 2x75 8x65
    Retired status: Ultra Casual

HiPS removing all pot-able effects is still a pretty nice bonus if you ask me, commonly saving me from death or removing those critical debuffs to allow me to catch up and finish a kill. That's on top of a 4m cooldown. (Admittedly, the 4m cooldown became much less impressive after Wargs got the ability to Disappear/Sprint almost three times as often--right after Burglars and non-Burglars alike made the case in beta that a 2m cooldown on HiPS was too low and so it was changed--the irony, lol. Still, 4m is nice compared to what we had.)

Pets and npcs following the Burglar/Warg after they've vanished and the "track-ability" issue during HiPS/Disappear have both been acknowledged by devs. However, these were apparently low priorities before the staff changes, so I doubt they're even on the docket anymore. I'm not holding my breath since I don't think we currently have a dev assigned to us.

Temporary CdG stealth breaking us out of HiPS certainly seems like a bug, too.

Quote Originally Posted by meUruk View Post
    my questions:
    - you already achieve full speed when you're stealthed through legaciess?
    - what means 100% of speed for HIPS if you already have +sneak speed %?
    - do you re-appear after Hipsing, or does it work like war disappear skill?
    For having a warg, i can see it possesses far more mobility and stealth tools, as well as tracking than burgs.
    How's that Burg coming along? Getting close to 95?

1. You may have full speed in stealth if you have the legacy (+10%) and QK or Gambler traitline (+40%).
    2. The difference is that you will move at 100% run speed while HiPS is active even if a slow is applied to you. (It does not heal broken legs, of course.)
    3. You will reappear out of stealth after HiPS if you have morale DoTs (like a Warg's Maul or BA Snare) or power DoTs (Weaver Toxin) on you after the 10s are over. This is the same as Wargs. If you purely want to escape, you'll need to head for cover after you HiPS. You'll likely be tracked by a creep before HiPS is over, so don't expect a 10s head start.

Quote Originally Posted by Zlaughter View Post
    Actually it does exactly what the tooltip says it does.

Allow me to translate.

You cannot be spotted, by walking past someone, Stealth is not broken by Damage from effects that were applied to you before you HIPS'ed.

It seems to work fine from what I have seen, sets your runspeed to 100%, just like the tooltip says it does.

This refers to potable effects(Wound, Disease, Fear, Poison), just as it states. BA trap is in fact not labeled as a wound, which means you cannot pot it, in fact it is not curable.

thanks but we will have to beg to disagree on all points . I don't buy the explanation for BA traps , or indeed "potable" effects , it would have been easy to say that if that were the case rather than "all" .

Quote Originally Posted by Aranedain View Post
    HiPS removing all pot-able effects is still a pretty nice bonus if you ask me, commonly saving me from death or removing those critical debuffs to allow me to catch up and finish a kill. That's on top of a 4m cooldown. (Admittedly, the 4m cooldown became much less impressive after Wargs got the ability to Disappear/Sprint almost three times as often--right after Burglars and non-Burglars alike made the case in beta that a 2m cooldown on HiPS was too low and so it was changed--the irony, lol. Still, 4m is nice compared to what we had.)

Pets and npcs following the Burglar/Warg after they've vanished and the "track-ability" issue during HiPS/Disappear have both been acknowledged by devs. However, these were apparently low priorities before the staff changes, so I doubt they're even on the docket anymore. I'm not holding my breath since I don't think we currently have a dev assigned to us.

Temporary CdG stealth breaking us out of HiPS certainly seems like a bug, too.

How's that Burg coming along? Getting close to 95?

1. You may have full speed in stealth if you have the legacy (+10%) and QK or Gambler traitline (+40%).
    2. The difference is that you will move at 100% run speed while HiPS is active even if a slow is applied to you. (It does not heal broken legs, of course.)
    3. You will reappear out of stealth after HiPS if you have morale DoTs (like a Warg's Maul or BA Snare) or power DoTs (Weaver Toxin) on you after the 10s are over. This is the same as Wargs. If you purely want to escape, you'll need to head for cover after you HiPS. You'll likely be tracked by a creep before HiPS is over, so don't expect a 10s head start.
    some nice points here , however .... if you look at what was posted on the HD update it says as if breaking the laws of physics wasnt enough you have to improve it" Im sure a lot of us are disappointed with this , much promise but little delivery . I agree its nice to remove effects but its stretching he English language to its fullest to say it removes "all" . It just doesnt do that Its supposed to give us a 10 sec escape window , we dont have the wargs sprint ,even traited and with run speed buffs we are incredibly slow . id settle for what it says even without a speed buff .

There used to be a Burglar armour set (released in level 65 and 75 varieties) called Thagallthrek armour. The 6-piece bonus--the main reason I got R9--made it so you could do this exact same thing: remove all pot-able PDFW simply by HiPSing. I actually kept my Thagallthrek armour around until HD released as I would occasionally use it for a PDFW cleanse. Based on this armour's precedent, and on the fact that it used the exact same wording as HD's traited HiPS, I wasn't disappointed at all in what we got; nor would I say that many Burglars were surprised. I was expecting the traited HiPS to do precisely what it does now in this regard, acting like it is a pot that covers all PDFW effects with a maximum level of <player level + 5>. I can understand disappointment if someone was both unaware of this history and perhaps also thought that all DoTs were considered "Wounds," but it's just not that way. I don't expect HiPS will ever do what you're suggesting. It does do what it says in regards to curing every PDFW with a maximum strength of <player level + 5>. Still pretty darn good, and I'm glad that I don't need to carry old gear to make it happen.

What I'd be disappointed to see is if the incurable bleeds were given focus instead of what I think are HiPS's bigger issues. If the pet/NPC bug and some tracking issues were adjusted (both of which devs hinted they were investigating), I think it would save many more Burglar hides than the removal of incurables bleeds.

Thanks for your reply Aranedain. My burg is finishing rohan. I have a warg with all skills and traits and i start to thing warg has a lot more to play with compared to burg burst damage. The future mitigation of new creep damage will balance a bit more both classes, but i miss some of the warg utility like speed and tracking. I hope to find joy in the moors with this class.