We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

WTB desolation target leg.

long story shot, there was a leg trait for +3 target. than they picked it out. not its one of the best tanking skill and its only 3 target. since agro is related with damages we need a gambit that hits many targets and hits hard and resolution doesnt cut it.

so what about a legacy for it like +3 or +5 targets when maxed out

and in the other side warden's aoe damage sucks on red line i found that 123 +121 thing very useless and this would help that too.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000021fcb0/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Agreed 100%. I hate having to re-apply it over and over just to get all the targets that I am attacking. There are times where it will miss the ones who it did not hit and just re-apply it to ones I've already hit too. I would be happy if it hit at least 5 targets instead of 3.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

in my experiance if you use it 10 times in a group doesnt matter it will choose the same 3 target and hits them all 10 times. so big groups are really a problem for a class that is expected to handle expecially big groups. im just going with all dps gear to assure i will hold them and than my tanking become unreliable becouse of my lack of b/p/e and some morale due to different gear. but i find it still better than not being able to hold agro
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000021fcb0/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by draganil View Post
    in my experiance if you use it 10 times in a group doesnt matter it will choose the same 3 target and hits them all 10 times. so big groups are really a problem for a class that is expected to handle expecially big groups. im just going with all dps gear to assure i will hold them and than my tanking become unreliable becouse of my lack of b/p/e and some morale due to different gear. but i find it still better than not being able to hold agro
    Agreed, a +3 target trait or legacy for goad and desolation is something we've been asking for since early beta rounds when it became clear they would be important tanking skills. I'd prefer it being added to the desolation miss chance trait (perhaps a 4 tier trait, first upping the miss chance, then the next 3 each adding +1 to max targets), since imo legacies in any specced LI are pretty tight.

If you stand in the same spot, and the mobs are unmoved, Desolation seems to always hit the same mobs, though there is no real rhyme or reason to which ones it targets in a given position. Try moving around before re-applying. Its entirely possible the same ones will be hit, but however the calculation is done, you at least have a chance for other targets to be selected.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by draganil View Post
    Meh... seems to be random for me. I could be wrong. I'll typically try and keep an eye on those that it doesn't hit and then swap to them to fire off the next one.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Agreed, this would go a long way toward better tanking, but I would rather build it into the tanking tree the same way that the +targets for Captain's Threatening Shout is built into their tanking tree.
    Aethelbehrt ~ Captain of Landroval
    Haradwen ~ Warden of Landroval
    Zôraphel ~ Burglar of Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Othniel View Post
    Agreed, this would go a long way toward better tanking, but I would rather build it into the tanking tree the same way that the +targets for Captain's Threatening Shout is built into their tanking tree.
    you are the 2nd person to said that and it totally makes sense to me. i can not think of any light legacy to sacrifice for it. so a trait makes sense.

I would prefer legacy so it's not tied to any specific build and you could use it however you want. Sure, it would make choosing legacies a bit harder but personally I prefer choice. I would much rather there be 12 GOOD legacies of which I could only use 6, than only 6 good legacies that are a no brainer to use. The more customization the better!
    [center]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tY1055I.jpg[/IMG]
    [color=green][b]Gloarn[/b][/color] 80 Burglar [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glorn[/b][/color] 75 Champion [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Gloirn[/b][/color] 75 Rune-keeper [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glourn[/b][/color] 75 Captain
    [color=brown][b]Glarnakh[/b][/color] R7 Warleader [color=grey]|[/color] [color=brown][b]Glarno[/b][/color] R6 Reaver
    [/center]