We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Minstrels and Helms deep question

Is it true that Minnies won't be able to heal themselves in War Speech Stance in the Helms Deep exp? Someone in game told me that and I hope it isn't true because I am new and just rolled one . Please let me know. Thanks... Looking to roll a good solo class with good surviability so went with Minstrel. Hope I don't wast my time by leveling him only to get pigeonholed into pure support when Helms deep comes out. Thanks...

Unfortunately you will not get any kind of real answer until allthe details on the expansion are made public, watch for the dev diary. They are releasing them in alphabetical order and just released the Hunter diary yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Ullr_of_Aesir View Post
    Unfortunately you will not get any kind of real answer until allthe details on the expansion are made public, watch for the dev diary. They are releasing them in alphabetical order and just released the Hunter diary yesterday.
    Dev diaries don't tell you what restrictions the revamp adds on each line, only what their intended focus is with one or two skills showcased, effectively not telling you anything of value. Taking the hunter diary as example, it can be summarized as:
    - one line stationary with long range induction skills
    - one line moving with medium range non-induction skills
    - one line with traps that can now be placed in combat
    Now that says nothing about which skills will actually be available in each line, as they can't just take the current skills and split them up between the lines. Rain of Thorns could make sense in every line for example.

It's too bad the devs apparently can't give out real details for whatever reason (pretty sure they'd like to), but dev diaries are just a shadow of what they used to be in Isengard (unfortunately those were killed with the site revamp, but you can get an idea at http://thefanaticalswordsman.com/201...ard-dev-diary/ )

So for real information you'll have to wait until the beta NDA is lifted or HD is released, whatever comes first.
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

Quote Originally Posted by Antmf712 View Post
    Is it true that Minnies won't be able to heal themselves in War Speech Stance in the Helms Deep exp? Someone in game told me that and I hope it isn't true because I am new and just rolled one .
    The folks in Beta are not supposed to be telling these details until the NDA is lifted, or the information gets mentioned in a dev diary or something. It is also possible that it may change from whatever is in Beta now.

In the past, Minstrels were much *less* able to heal themselves in Warspeech than they are now. I very much doubt that they will remove all self-healing from a primary healing class. In fact, I think it's more likely that they'll remove Warspeech (and replace it with a DPS trait tree) than that they'd remove all self-healing.

Relax and enjoy your minstrel, and ignore people who are trying to spread doom and gloom. It's just "news from Bree" and not "sure as Shirefolk."
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

The likely way it will be, as an educated guess using the Dev. Diaries posted so far, is that the DPS trait line will either have no, or very limited, healing, but it will be possible to take some low-level traits from the healing line to increase healing as required.

It will probably be a choice left to the player to go all-out DPS or spend a few points to get heals.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.