We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Sapience, I have a few questions for you about the Gondor expansion

Yeah, I know that it's too early for talk about Gondor, and you guys are still mostly in the developing stages of the expansion. But it wouldn't hurt to ask a couple questions.

1. Will Gondor be made into parts like Rohan or is it going to be possible to add the whole kingdom of Gondor in one massive expansion? The latter I doubt though.

2. Any plans on adding the regions Frodo and Sam went too on their quest to destroy the ring? Or will those regions be included in a Gondor expansion? Like the Emyn Muil, Dead Marshes, Dagorlad, Minas Morgul, and Shelob's tunnel?

You probably aren't allowed to answer these questions, and that's understandable. Though I'm looking forward to West Rohan. You guys do a great job with everything, especially the landscape.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodgoing View Post
    Yeah, I know that it's too early for talk about Gondor, and you guys are still mostly in the developing stages of the expansion. But it wouldn't hurt to ask a couple questions.

1. Will Gondor be made into parts like Rohan or is it going to be possible to add the whole kingdom of Gondor in one massive expansion? The latter I doubt though.

2. Any plans on adding the regions Frodo and Sam went too on their quest to destroy the ring? Or will those regions be included in a Gondor expansion? Like the Emyn Muil, Dead Marshes, Dagorlad, Minas Morgul, and Shelob's tunnel?

You probably aren't allowed to answer these questions, and that's understandable. Though I'm looking forward to West Rohan. You guys do a great job with everything, especially the landscape.
    I doubt it for either of the two questions. Gondor alone is 3x the size of Rohan, so that won't be one big expansion. Let alone they add regions outside Gondor in it.
    Then there's also the time factor; it would take several years to bring out Gondor in one expansion, people can't wait that long. Apparently we have a short attention span and need one expansion every year.
    Lastly there is the most important factor (to WB, not to us players); money. They'd get to charge us more money by bringing out seperate expansions. So why do it in one go for less money?

I think if were lucky...extremely lucky...we'll get Gondor starting at the exit of the paths of the dead, where the Stone of Erech is. Hopefully we'll get that western area first, then the 2nd expansion will have Minas Tirith, Pelenor Fields, Osgiliath, Ithilien, maybe the dead marshes, and Minas Morgul.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofHermes View Post
    I doubt it for either of the two questions. Gondor alone is 3x the size of Rohan, so that won't be one big expansion. Let alone they add regions outside Gondor in it.
    Then there's also the time factor; it would take several years to bring out Gondor in one expansion, people can't wait that long. Apparently we have a short attention span and need one expansion every year.
    Lastly there is the most important factor (to WB, not to us players); money. They'd get to charge us more money by bringing out seperate expansions. So why do it in one go for less money?
    Well, I did say that I doubt they could do it in one shot. Gondor will probably be done in 3 or 4, mainly 3 expansions. There is just so much land to cover. I'm glad they pop out these expansions every year instead of a long gap of years like WoW. Plus they can add in Aroiern (Miss spelled) in the spring next year. Its the first Gondorian region next to the Eastfold. And spans all the way along the White Mountains, then to Minas Tirith. OR maybe Turbine will add more of Fangorn Forest as a region update and we will get to play as the Ents destroying Isengard.

Just no more made up regions like Wildermore. Once was enough. I want to see regions that are actually on the map of Middle Earth.

Do we get to jump from the top of the white city? This is the most important thing we need to know.
    Truth and Justice

Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunStalker View Post
    Do we get to jump from the top of the white city? This is the most important thing we need to know.
    Haha, I'll be looking forward to the day where I can stand on the final level of Minas Tirith and look out over at Pelenor Fields, and the mountains of shadow in the distance. That will be my all time favorite view in the game.

yes , this is most important.. i loved flying down in every crack of moria..today i was trying to jump from the top of insergard in the session play but it was not possible XD ..kinnies and i have play human darting and this could be in the future best place to do it

Agreed 128%, and then some!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    [I][FONT=comic sans ms][COLOR=#ffff00]Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check[/COLOR][/FONT][/I]

I want to see coastline more than anything, and to do battle with the Corsairs of Umbar on ships!

It'll be interesting to see which route we end up taking into Gondor since there are two that relate to the progression of the characters in the books. Obviously Aragorn and the Rangers head through the Paths of the Dead to Erech (and I understand that the HD expansion literally stops at the Dark Door - which suggests that the Paths themselves may well be an instance for a post-HD update). Then we have Theoden & the Riders (plus Gandalf and Pippin) heading through Anorien to Minas Tirith. I'm guessing that the next zone tacked onto the eastern edge of Rohan will include the Druadan forest and Ghan-Buri-Ghan's folk.

Then, of course, there's a question of what'll be added on the east side of the Anduin to follow Frodo and Sam's journey - ie. the Emyn Muil, Dagorlad, and the Dead Marshes.