We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

I'd Like a Hobby Horse Please!

Dear Store People, and especially the very nice Quatermaster!

I just bought my pre-order and was wondering what I would do with so many Turbine Points to spend. I would like buy a Class Steed.

However.

If I knew there was a chance to buy the Hobby Horse at a point in the near future, I would prefer to have that. Also, it is my birthday soon and I wants it

I would have quite a few tp's by October 12th! Which I would happily exchange for this very special mount. Failing that option, if I knew it may appear at Yule Tide, I would gladly wait till then...

Can you tell me anything about my favourite steed in all Middle-Earth?

Your Humble Servant,

Lilikate Buggins. "Tamer of the Shrews".
    4 Wending Way
    Alebrook
    In The Shire.
    Theninny.wordpress.com

And if you would be so kind,... Make it two Hobby Horses. One for me of course.
    [URL="http://s985.photobucket.com/user/Nibli/media/1267dd37-16f8-412a-b078-df2bffa19539_zpsd8a642b2.jpg.html"][IMG]http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae340/Nibli/1267dd37-16f8-412a-b078-df2bffa19539_zpsd8a642b2.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    Landroval Server
    Officer of The Lonely Mountain Band
    Whilst cooking for Elevensies, Tinki floors 2 Orcs with her frying pan and fresh caught fish. The frying pan critted for 18 hp and the fish was extra tender afterwards.

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Quote Originally Posted by Katiepie View Post
    Also, it is my birthday soon and I wants it

Lilikate Buggins. "Tamer of the Shrews".
    4 Wending Way
    Alebrook
    In The Shire.
    Happy Early Birthday Lilikate!

Glorgnorbor of Dwarrowdelf
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

Once you get to the Hytbolt quests...you will indeed have an opportunity to ride a hobby horse.

Be careful what you ask for... When the idea of a hobby horse mount came up, Turbine polled people about putting it in the store for a huge price. I don't remember what it was exactly but I want to say it was between 5,000 and 10,000 TP for the horse per character. Considering that it can't even be used that many places anymore, I would prefer they leave it as is, a very rare drop from the winter festival.
    Originally Posted by Damian6988
    That is not unlike drinking a pot of coffee and taking a Valium.
    "I want to stay up and get more work done, but I don't want to remember any of it."

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordthebruce View Post
    Once you get to the Hytbolt quests...you will indeed have an opportunity to ride a hobby horse.
    I believe she means a PERMANENT Hobby Horse
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the hobby horse?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207010000230fc3/signature.png]Akhvaar[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Zythraak View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but what is the hobby horse?
    Generally speaking, a hobby horse is a stick with the faked (often wooden) head of a horse on one end. Children sometimes run around with the stick of the hobby horse between their legs and the head in front of them, pretending it is a real horse they're riding.

In the game, there is some quests related to aquiring a War-Steed that involve a hobby horse and a hobby horse item that functions as a mount was available during the last Yule festival. There was a discussion about adding the hobby horse mount to the Store, but the price Turbine considered for it was so outrageous and the players' reaction so unfavourable that this plan was eventually dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyelir View Post
    In the game, there is some quests related to aquiring a War-Steed that involve a hobby horse and a hobby horse item that functions as a mount was available during the last Yule festival.
    Minor correction, the hobby-horse quest is one of the Hytbold dailies, not one that grants you your war-steed.
    "I want to stay up and get more work done, but I don't want to remember any of it."

Thank you for your explanation, I've never heard those called a hobby horse haha but I know what you're talking about now.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207010000230fc3/signature.png]Akhvaar[/charsig]

I won the hobby horse at the yule Festival 2012.
    It WAS very nice to use. Especially in the Moors : - )

But... A few updates later the "skill" hobby horse can't be used in many regions anymore. GMs say, that this is a bug, but it isn't fixed for month.
    I bugged it several times - but hope is the last thing to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerebrum_EU View Post
    I won the hobby horse at the yule Festival 2012.
    It WAS very nice to use. Especially in the Moors : - )

But... A few updates later the "skill" hobby horse can't be used in many regions anymore. GMs say, that this is a bug, but it isn't fixed for month.
    I bugged it several times - but hope is the last thing to die.
    Oh, is it a bug? Someone told me it works as intended, so I never /bugged it =(

GRR!

It can be used in Bree and Snowbourn and a couple of other places but never in field it seems...which makes it SO not worth owning it.

This is me riding hard to fulfill a certain quest for Hytbold. Let me tell you!....riding hard on this steed will wear you out quickly.

[URL="http://s985.photobucket.com/user/Nibli/media/1267dd37-16f8-412a-b078-df2bffa19539_zpsd8a642b2.jpg.html"][IMG]http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae340/Nibli/1267dd37-16f8-412a-b078-df2bffa19539_zpsd8a642b2.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    Landroval Server
    Officer of The Lonely Mountain Band
    Whilst cooking for Elevensies, Tinki floors 2 Orcs with her frying pan and fresh caught fish. The frying pan critted for 18 hp and the fish was extra tender afterwards.

I love my Hobby Horse, Only reason I still have my horseshoe
    Sabian- Hunter85
    All warfare is based on deception

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    Oh, is it a bug? Someone told me it works as intended, so I never /bugged it =(

GRR!

It can be used in Bree and Snowbourn and a couple of other places but never in field it seems...which makes it SO not worth owning it.
    I wrote a ticket, and the gm told me so (March/April).
    Maybe things change, next time, when I am online, I will write another one to get the final state of this feature.

Aww no reply to my letter from the Quartermasters. Well I am very tempted by the zippy riding speed sale!
    Theninny.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Katiepie View Post
    Aww no reply to my letter from the Quartermasters. Well I am very tempted by the zippy riding speed sale!
    I'm surprised to see the riding traits on sale or even still in store! They bug --- all your stable rides go at your top mount speed instead of the stable speed unless you remember to hit the toggle before you pay for a ride. It's silly!

I wrote a ticket a few days after Helms Deep Release.

The GM told me, that the hobby horse should work in all pve regions. In the ettenmoors, the hobby horse is not wanted. Due to the fact that it doesn't work in the latest regions, it's a bug which should be reported.
    Maybe there is a problem in that regions, with mounted combat.

best regards