We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Having read thru the dev diary there is one thing that stands out ......

Before the revamp, traps felt a little out of place. Not useable in combat, long inductions to place, it felt like a hunter really had to prep before a pull. If this pull was somehow initiated before the hunter was ready, then traps became something they didn’t concern themselves with anymore. Another concern was many mobs the player encountered, became immune to CC, severely limiting the use of traps. When it came time to revamp the trapper line, we wanted to incorporate traps into their rotations and play. Being useable in combat, reducing the induction or removing it in some cases, being able to place them via ground targeted, etc. all seemed to really make traps a lot more fun and engaging to use. Having the trapper get additional debuffs and buffs based off their traps being used on enemies also helped mitigate any perceived loss of importance in group play.
    Did the Dev EVER play Hunter?

Traps ARE useable in Combat, (you get 2 traps) when traited in Trapper.
    You can drop up to 4 traps
    Quick Trap has NO induction
    ALL traps had 50/50 chance to hold an on-level mob

The ONLY time a Trap will not hold a mob is since they brought out Mounted Combat and changed the traps actions
    Now instead of holding a mob they apply a speed debuff

With this new Revamp of the Hunter I would like to see a list of what is being changed.
    Being told "We are reworking the Hunter" is not much to go on

Are we getting new skills?

If so.
    Can we have some info on what these might be

If not
    Are we having skills changed/removed?
    Which ones and why?

Exactly what he said

Quote Originally Posted by Malindruel View Post

ALL traps had 50/50 chance to hold an on-level mob
    When I read the Dev Diary, that part seemed like it was reffering to mobs that are immune to CC, like instance bosses or mini-bosses, that traps didnt work on. In those cases, the dev is right, traps became fairly pointless.

I think the goal of the trap revamp here was to make traps more viable. For example, at the moment, I know no hunters who keep 50stacks of EVERY type of trap, so that they have a trap for every situation. I'm pretty excited that traps are becoming skills, so that i no longer have to craft my own Triple Traps, because I'll have a Skill for it.
    Zacharr -- 100 -- Hunter -- Firefoot. I guess that's the new character signature :P

Well, in an instance on raid-bosses or simply mobs that are immune to CC are trap is useless but a hunter that knows his skillset simply replaces the trap with a snare which brings up the -40% speed debuff + a bleed dot.

All in all the hunter Dev-diary doesn't look promising to me and gives more questions rather then answers. According to the Bowmaster part it seems that fleetness becomes an active stance or passive stance, but what about our current stances? I understand most hunters using the strenghts stance which is good for that extra damage, but since the Bowmaster seems to be not focussed upon the focus gain, what happens with the Endurance and Precision stance?

Overall, I'm not sure whether the changes will be good. For sofar I've read it looks like the hunter is being downgraded. I don't see many places where I want to move through combat? Ettenmoors? Even so it doesn't help you alot.

What I'd like to see are the legendaries revamped/improved and something to uppen our survivability without us having to use Press Onward or Strenght Of The Earth (which is now a useless skill since I used that for a quick *give-me-power* modus and now the power regain from it is dreadful).

Quote Originally Posted by Turulnya View Post

All in all the hunter Dev-diary doesn't look promising to me and gives more questions rather then answers. According to the Bowmaster part it seems that fleetness becomes an active stance or passive stance, but what about our current stances? I understand most hunters using the strenghts stance which is good for that extra damage, but since the Bowmaster seems to be not focussed upon the focus gain, what happens with the Endurance and Precision stance?
    ).

now I don't know where you've got your info from and on reflection I don't know where I've gotten mine from either: But I'm under the impression the vast majority if people run in precision stance because the focus gain and legacy for crit multiplier means DPS is much better that way. But like I said the actual truth re. % in precision or strength I've no idea.

the champ diary seems to suggest their stances have been tied to trait lines, that may well happen to us (and burgs afaik). maybe the 20 q's that are upcoming will let us know?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldarian_Grace View Post
    now I don't know where you've got your info from and on reflection I don't know where I've gotten mine from either: But I'm under the impression the vast majority if people run in precision stance because the focus gain and legacy for crit multiplier means DPS is much better that way.
    I don't have numbers either, but I have seen "you're probably in strength stance" used as a snide remark more than once.

I'm in precision unless the group has serious tank/power issues, in which case I'll switch to endurance for a short while.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyFunker View Post
    I don't have numbers either, but I have seen "you're probably in strength stance" used as a snide remark more than once.

I'm in precision unless the group has serious tank/power issues, in which case I'll switch to endurance for a short while.
    I'm a little confused about the snide remark comment, I was surprised you had the impression that most hunters used strength stance, like you I mostly use precision and on occasion endurance, and mostly only hear the virtues of precision stance above all others when reading on here.

back on track, I think your opinion about the diary is exactly right, it leaves more questions than answers. what is happening to stances? can you be a bow master in precision stance and no focus loss on movement like now? ( going 2 blue) doesn't sound like it. All a little vague IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Turulnya View Post
    I understand most hunters using the strenghts stance which is good for that extra damage, ...
    Most hunters are using Precision for DPS since they added +1 focus per 5 sec/+13% crit multiplier legacy for it, and removed -1 focus cost for BA & PS trait.

The +10% dmg fron Strength only apply to base damage. Some have tested DPS under both Strength and Precision (with Hunter's Art and Precision legacy) - turned out that Precision always out-DPS Strength.

IQS slow in Strength is sweet, though.
    Man cenuva métim' andúnë.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldarian_Grace View Post
    I'm a little confused about the snide remark comment, I was surprised you had the impression that most hunters used strength stance, like you I mostly use precision and on occasion endurance, and mostly only hear the virtues of precision stance above all others when reading on here.
    Sorry for the confusion. What I meant was that most hunter's I've encountered feel that precision is THE stance to be in, and thus "you're probably in strength stance" is an insult (in their mind) because of how underwhelming it is in comparison, once you know the mechanics.

Personally, I say people should use whatever stance they feel most comfortable in... but which contributes the most to damage over time isn't really in question.