We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Lotro players! How old are you and what gender are you?

Just curious about what the male/Female ratio and the age of Lotro players is all.

As for myself, I'm 24 and a male.

38 Male. There is nothing weird about that right......right? lol

Not sure how old I am but the papers I came with said I was made 4 years ago, gender-Robot. occupation, Bender. Name, Bender.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000002c9618/signature.png]Farimur[/charsig]

csn you ask that here without lock comming soon??? but whatever..im female , im 22 and just started my Master degree in sociology.
    Ascension-Arkenstone :
    Third Marshal Finarfintook Minstrel
    Fire Rk Finarjul r10 & Finwetook r7 burg
    Creeps: Finsnightmare r8 defiler/ Finscreep r5 rvr

67 male, and I'm not very close to the oldest around.
    Tuco of the Quick Post

I'm a 22 year old supermodel, like everyone else on the internet.

25 male, college graduate, and for the past 3 years been enjoying my sad existence working for the man

Quote Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
    67 male, and I'm not very close to the oldest around.
    Replying with the above quote takes the sting out. I am 56, Female. College teacher (computer programming), and online gaming is my passion.
    Quit yelling at the echo to stop.

Sapience
    Sapience is offline Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon

Without going into details or specifics, yes LOTRO has a higher than average female demographic. We tend to skew both older and attract more female players than the industry averages.
    There you go-the official answer. Sorry for bad formatting. Here's the thread.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...25#post6819125

(Female, fifth decade, first online MMO,)

And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”

22-year-old of indeterminate gender, holder of a BA in English with a minor in Philosophy.

Exclamation

Before going into details i want to recall to everyone that is a safety issue to post your personally identifiable information. Someone random may go into this thread & will hit the jackpot to make a good workout of identity theft.

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

24 year old male.

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    Before going into details i want to recall to everyone that is a safety issue to post your personally identifiable information. Someone random may go into this thread & will hit the jackpot to make a good workout of identity theft.
    If someone can steal my social security number with just my age, gender, and rough location (from the profile information), they deserve to have my money.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Tut, tut, never ask a woman her age!

Female, (also fifth decade), not my first mmo (yes, I AM a gamer and proud of it!)

Almost 50, guy.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by Toramarthen View Post
    22-year-old of indeterminate gender, holder of a BA in English with a minor in Philosophy.
    so you play a black arrow in England, and a dwarf runekeeper? sorry couldn't resist and thanks to Atari and amiga 46 and still gaming
    Last edited by deliguy; Oct 03 2013 at 01:11 PM.
    Holder of a Golden Ticket (lifetime acct)

37 and female. I have a daughter that plays the game with me...she's 11. Never felt as old as I did when I was grouping with a few other players one day and then found out they were all under 18, lol. They even called me old.

Hi,

Male player here, have been peeking and poking around since the days of zx81 and atari 1600. My next big-O being 'only' 0x32 almost makes me feel young in the LotRO-crowd...

My companion in LotRO (and in life, 13 years and counting) happens to be a women aged 27+. This is a bit more unprecise, i know, but according to her, human females can't get older than 27+ because of some mystical reasons, and who am i to disagree? It's basic dr Phil stuff really: 'Never argue with someone who wears heavy armour and has a sharp axe'.

Regards
    /T
    Dawarad HNT | Dawadan MIN | Dawfast CMP | Dawaran CPT | Dawmur GRD | Dawared WRD | Dawagrim RK | Dawaras LM | Daweric BRG | Dawagar MIN | Dawarar CMP | Dawnakh WRG | Dawbag BA | Dawgil WVR | Dawglob WL |

Quote Originally Posted by Goodgoing View Post
    Just curious about what the male/Female ratio and the age of Lotro players is all.

As for myself, I'm 24 and a male.
    I am 67 and male earth years.

Oh and may i say that I have been impressed with this planet ever since I crash landed in 1947.
    I will not say where my two other shipmates are today but no human bodies were snatched for us to live here.
    All I can say is that it was all a terrible accident.

I remember the old Altair computer with nothing but switches. NO Keyboard

I used Basic and FORTRAN and of course DOS to program accounting systems for companies.

I remember field testing something called windows. My report is still on file at MS.
    I said that it was a fun toy but it would never fly.
    Boy was I wrong.

Beam me up Scotty
    I am ready to go home.
    Last edited by Startrekman1of9; Sep 30 2013 at 12:08 AM.
    There are always .... Possibilities.

34 year old female here. Been playing video games since my aunt shoved a Atari joystick in my hand when I was a wee little thing.
    Paislea - Minstrel | Staesia - Champion | Thaewyn - Lore-Master
    Not all who wander are lost...

Quote Originally Posted by Startrekman1of9 View Post
    I used Basic and FORTRAN and of course DOS to program accounting systems for companies.

Oh man, I remember taking Basic in High School and writing games in that language. "You arrived at the end of a hallway. Do you (a) open the left door, (b) turn back, or (c) look in the alcove to your right."

Never could learn Machine language. It was incomprehensible to me.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    Oh man, I remember taking Basic in High School and writing games in that language. "You arrived at the end of a hallway. Do you (a) open the left door, (b) turn back, or (c) look in the alcove to your right."

Never could learn Machine language. It was incomprehensible to me.
    I used to think in Machine code. It was like a second Language to me.
    There are always .... Possibilities.

Talking

LOL,

seen a few players here that i know and was quite surprised of their age and gender.

anyway 28, male (but everybody estemates me younger when they see me, around 23,24)
    --> this will pay off once im 40 :P

Quote Originally Posted by Startrekman1of9 View Post
    I used to think in Machine code. It was like a second Language to me.
    Toggle switch patch board machine code or assembly language? I remember peeking and poking 6502 machine code and learning 6502 assembly language. I took FORTRAN IV and BASIC at the university. I learned keypunching there, too :P.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Thanks for making me feel young I took computing in grade 9 and leaned to code by making the Lemonade Stand program. Long sessions typing out code from the back of Compute magazine followed, although to my chagrin I could never get one of those programs to work. There was always an error somewhere
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000004f80c0/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Wink

33 years old next month - been playing casually for about 2 1/2 years (which is why my main is still not at cap - I HAD to pick a Minnie for my first char, derp!)
    My hubby and I both play - believe it or not, I was the one who dragged HIM into LOTRO. Loved the books, was ecstatic when I found the game.

Female - often wondered if I am in the minority, lol! Glad to see so many ladies replying.
    Na lû e-govaned vîn, Novaer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast