We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Weapon and Voice Recovery Gambits for wardens. . .

My main character is a level 85 Warden, and until recently, this thought never really crossed my mind. Recently however, I had been in situations where my character's Spear was disarmed and lost his voice due to one of the creatures skills. granted they didn't last long but I was only able to use my shield for quite some time (as melee time goes anyway). so my proposal is this . . . there are 2 possible solutions;

1. 2 new gambits, since they should be quick gambits they ideally should only be a 2-gambit skill, however that poses a problem as most of the combinations of 2-gambit skills are either already in use or would not be possible without either of the gambits missing. and to go to a 3-gambit skill, would be difficult but not impossible. my suggestions are as follows, Shield-Spear-Spear gambit would recover your voice, and a Shield-Shout-Shout gambit would recover your melee weapon.

2. The second thought, literally came to me as I was writing the earlier parts of this post, it occurred to me that I personally rarely ever (if ever) use the recovery and quick recovery skills (if I screw up a gambit, I would just set it off and start over). I'm not sure about any other players who play wardens, if they do the same. So then the other possibility I see would be to alter those 2 skills to a recovery of weapon or voice.

As far as I know, currently only Champs have a weapon recovery and only Minstrels have silence recovery, and I'm fine with that. Wardens are a bit overpowered as is, and giving them these would only add to it. If anything, I wish being disarmed wasn't so crippling to Rune-Keepers and Loremasters.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    As far as I know, currently only Champs have a weapon recovery and only Minstrels have silence recovery, and I'm fine with that. Wardens are a bit overpowered as is, and giving them these would only add to it. If anything, I wish being disarmed wasn't so crippling to Rune-Keepers and Loremasters.
    I also think the reason why Wardens don't have skills like those requested by the OP is that they would make the class owerpowered for good.

Then there is the fact that we get some major class changes with HD. Maybe this issue will resolve itself then in some way. Maybe it won't. Either way, we'll know in about two months.

ATM grouping with a Lore-Master is the closest you can get. The Curing skill which removes wounds and diseases also helps against disarms as those are in the wound-category. (Which also means that disarms are no more than an inconvenience to LMs since they can Cure wounds even without their staff.) The Stun Immunity skill will also remove Silence effects from whichever character it is used on. (And again, this skill can be used to remove the LM's own debuff since Rightousness aka Stun Immu can be used while silenced.)

Quote Originally Posted by Anyelir View Post
    The Curing skill which removes wounds and diseases also helps against disarms as those are in the wound-category.
    That's something I didn't know.

Would a potion also work on disarms?
    [center][url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?18699-How-to-get-help-on-the-Tech-Forums-and-how-to-contact-Turbine][color=gold]How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine[/color][/url]

[color=green]Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.[/color][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    Would a potion also work on disarms?
    I cannot say for sure because I never tried that out myself, but I don't see any reason why potions shouldn't be able to cure disarms. When you hover your mouse over the disarm debuff icon it says "Wound" there for the debuff type and I think I recall it even giving an effect level, something like "Wound (53)". So a strong enough potion should cure a disarm.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyelir View Post
    I cannot say for sure because I never tried that out myself, but I don't see any reason why potions shouldn't be able to cure disarms. When you hover your mouse over the disarm debuff icon it says "Wound" there for the debuff type and I think I recall it even giving an effect level, something like "Wound (53)". So a strong enough potion should cure a disarm.
    Thanks for the reply. I'll try this out and see.

Despite being a hunter disarms are still annoying as they only occur if a mob is in melee range so losing my melee skills, especially my heal, is not good.
    [center][url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?18699-How-to-get-help-on-the-Tech-Forums-and-how-to-contact-Turbine][color=gold]How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine[/color][/url]

[color=green]Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.[/color][/center]

yes, wound pots (red) will cure a disarm as long as the pot is stronger than the wound. and the fear pots (purple) cure silences. i have a hunter and the disarms are annoying. i also have a rk and disarms and silences are both very annoying as they each remove most of your skills so you can't really do much of anything.
    "Dwelling on the past only ensures that you will fall in the future."
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

[url=http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php][img]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wsiga.php/5703758eAcvg.png[/img][/url]

For a Hunter, bow skills do more damage than melee, so my Hunter often uses focus skills at melee range even when not disarmed. The faster it dies the less damage I take.

For my Warden, I use Recovery, if necessary, and then some combo of shield and fist until I get rearmed. (If I don't use a potion.)

My heavy armor classes often just auto-attack punch the mob to death.
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    [url]http://www.theoldergamers.com[/url]

I think they should just remove disarms from the game. At least from landscape mobs.

Does it add challenge? Only if you are fighting 2-3 mobs at once. Most of the time it just adds nuisance, you're sitting there doing nothing until you can do something again.