We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Smile More charslots please

please give us more charslots
    i love to level up because i love the game
    but now i can't buy more charslots in the shop

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbithooray View Post
    please give us more charslots
    i love to level up because i love the game
    but now i can't buy more charslots in the shop
    Might I suggest checking out a new world?

Meet new people!
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

but all my chars belong together

I believe the maximum number of characters you can have on one world is 17. That's the limit you've hit? Yow. I have a daughter like that. She spent over $200 the first 3 months GW2 was out because she just kept on buying more and more character slots. Only a few of these really went very far... she mostly just liked playing with the character creator, doing the early story lines.

I do have a dozen characters on my server myself, but it took me the better part of 5 years to do that.

Khafar

I hit my limit too. I'd gladly buy more character slots!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Exclamation Guiltily Raises hand

I've maxed out too. I'd buy more.

Altoholism? I've no idea WHAT you mean....
    LilyRose of Gladden, Mistress of the Rangers of the West Kinship. Come check out our kin at rangerswest.guildlaunch.com.

Make another account. That way...you can have 17 more.

Unhappy

I'd love to have more charslots, too
    creating another account is not the best solution for me because of the common storage, shop points and so on.
    it would be great if turbine could offer more charslots for shop points and increase the charslot limit!

Quote Originally Posted by whheydt View Post
    Make another account. That way...you can have 17 more.
    No, I would rather have more character slots on the same account. Much easier that way.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    No, I would rather have more character slots on the same account. Much easier that way.
    I suspect it would be an incredibly simple change to increase the number of available character slots per player. The real questions include: Do they have the database storage space to support the additional records? Do they think the revenue generated by the change would be greater than the number of people who aren't buying everything for an additional account at that point?

We'll see if this changes.

I wouldnt mind more characters per world.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

I doubt it's a database storage limit. I don't even think it's a database structure limit. It's more likely to be a case of wanting to create a second revenue stream at some point for those with a *lot* of alts.

Case in point on the database issue...as AC2 imploded and servers were merged, Turbine went to 20 character slots to accommodate extra characters from merged servers.

Please let us buy more character slots! Please please please?
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

sure let us have more character slots I like the idea of having more characters even though I have not unlocked the ones that I can currently possibly have, sure add more I am sure I will use them eventually really I mean it. I could use more eventually.

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Quote Originally Posted by Zepherzaper View Post
    sure let us have more character slots I like the idea of having more characters even though I have not unlocked the ones that I can currently possibly have, sure add more I am sure I will use them eventually really I mean it. I could use more eventually.
    Imo, 17 per server is PLENTY.
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

Quote Originally Posted by robbie1435 View Post
    Imo, 17 per server is PLENTY.

Not for me lol. Seriously, I haven't spent anything from the store in some time because I've bought all the shared storage, character slots, and stuff like that, and a ton of cosmetic clothing. More character slots is something I would gladly buy.

Quote Originally Posted by whheydt View Post
    I doubt it's a database storage limit. I don't even think it's a database structure limit. It's more likely to be a case of wanting to create a second revenue stream at some point for those with a *lot* of alts.
    This is the correct answer.

The fact that one can simply make another account ad nausuem and that characters un-played for years are never deleted shows that there's no database storage issue to this.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.