We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconfier View Post
    Thanks, but I was using the model of the original release date of the game not the F2P version. Original release date according to LOTRO was the date I included and used that as the model for 39,000 points worth of time towards the game. If you would rather use the F2P model date then we can re-calculate the math for those metrics instead, but don't really feel like it at this point.
    You need to use the F2P start date. No Turbine Turbine Points were earned prior to the September 10, 2010 launch date.

Using the launch date of the game falls in the same category as saying I should be paid at my current pay rate for all the hours that I have worked in my lifetime. Back when I started I got $12.50 an hour - 25,000 a year. That was decent pay in the late 70s. Now my pay is well over 50 dollars an hour.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Thanks for calling my attention to this... that put me within 10 TP of the price of the Journeyman Riding Trait... which one of my three dozen or so characters scored for me by finishing up the Farms and Sights of the Shire... then rode back to Michel Delving at +78%!

And I won't even respond to the Lifer-baiting this time.
    Tuco of the Quick Post

Quote Originally Posted by Feraxks View Post
    Yula, 30K+ posts later and you never cease to amaze me with all the knowledge you have. (please note: no sarcasm switch). I did not know any of the above. Thank you for the info -- informative as always.
    yula is amaizing , in long threads i have learn to read OP then refer to yulas post for an accurate answer....anyways force down time took away last day i had of vip ..kinda sucky , ill be happy just if the drop rate of bounders bag go ultra up in servers that have not finished.....could make leveling my 4th toon more appealing

In effect Lifers did pre-purchase this game however you want to mince words. They took a gamble to support a fledgling company that was going to challenge the behemoth that WOW was and continues to be. They took a risk to buy content that might not exist or they might not like one month to six months down the road. They took the risk to enable LOTRO to raise the necessary capital at that time to pay for expenses that that company needed to run such as expenses, advertising, salaries, and development. They were in effect the initial financial investors in a new company and deserve their continued rewards of 500 free TP per month. But lets break that down if we will.

Not sure how this is an attack on Lifer's. See above excerpt from my own posting.

I'm sure this is a lesson that those players that pay hundreds of dollars for lifetime for Hellgate London learned very well.

5. Just to add a little perspective

2 days of free VIP = $1.00

Is all this angst over a dollar or two worth it?

Think of your health, there are much more important things to stress over - like what's the new housing update going to look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    like what's the new housing update going to look like.
    but but..didnt they say theres no housing update comming with HD? so why i will worry for a thing thats not even comming ??? :P

7. Quote Originally Posted by MithrilMinded View Post
    but but..didnt they say theres no housing update comming with HD? so why i will worry for a thing thats not even comming ??? :P
    I didn't say it was part of the expansion but they did say this year

Just to add a little perspective

Think of your health, there are much more important things to stress over - like what's the new housing update going to look like.
    Well put & if they would have given premiums the 250 tps option, guarantee, you would have seen many raging oh that's not enough & f2p's chiming in what about us. Would be just like last time when they done this because of the billing update/down time.
    It's not Teal... it's [SIZE=3][COLOR=#00ffff][B]CYAN[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]!

Gee, is it "Premium vs. LTA" time again?
    Let the bashing begin!

My personal opinion: Those who lost something of value, deserve compensation.
    What could that possibly be? Only VIP time comes to my mind. Nothing else was lost during the server downtime and nothing more deserves compensation.

Hmmm...

What bothers me about this compensation is that as a VIP I am given 2 days added to my account, huh? I mean it's not like I will ever see it added there!

Why not just compensate everyone the same way!?!? I don't get it! This makes no sense to me!

I guess I should appreciate the offer of the 2 days, but it sure doesn't sit well!

It's making me wonder why I even bother paying month after month, year after year and not being appreciated for it (for 6+ years). Everyone that tried repeatedly to log in those 2 days (me included) should be treated the same way! Your account status shouldn't have any barring on this!!

Recent Downtime Compensation Completed

Hello, everyone! We are writing to let people know that we have completed our work to extend active VIP subscription time by two days, and distributed 250 Turbine Points to Lifetime accounts, as our way to thank people for their patience during technical issues that took place in early September. We thank you for playing LOTRO, and we’ll see you in-game!

In response to the above post by Cordovan in regards to the September Log-In issues as well as down-time, I applaud that some re-compensation has been given; however, as a Premium Player that has purchased every expansion and every available map in the game and spent well over 20,000 turbine points on various parts of the game both game-related as well as cosmetically for Nine Toons and every Pre-Purchase release of the game since Rise Of Isengard I think that premium players need a little love too!

Sure I could spend $15 dollars a month for 500 tp, access to the Moars, quick-travel, etc.; but I've bought numerous in-store game cards when they used to be sold at major retailers, as well as more recently using the Lotro Store to purchase them directly. Just because I don't spend that $15 a month doesn't mean I haven't supported this game and continue to support it.

Without the premium players out there, the VIP players most likely wouldn't even have a game to support as most of the monetary compensation coming in to Turbine/WB is from the premium player base not the subscribers, let alone some guy that bought a pre-purchase of the game back when it first came out and is now considered a lifer because of this and is constantly rewarded with free tp or other perks.
    Here is a very simple breakdown to help you understand the reasoning behind premium players not getting points this time. Lifers paid out a large sum to get the game going, showing faith in the company and the future of the game, so they have a guarantee as a reward for that faith. VIPs pay Turbine ahead of time to show that they too, have faith in the company and wish to play and support future expansions. These sums were and are set amounts the company has seen or knows they will see. Premium players have simply bought something once. That's all it took, whether it was an expansion, 500 TP or the ability to level up some crafting. They don't have to spend another dime and they still get to stay as premium. While YOU may have spent a lot on expansions, not every premium player has done the same, so what you did literally means nothing, in regards to this situation. Sounds cruel, but it is a fact. You cannot say "I spent X amount as a premium player" and have it mean anything, because there are no published charts showing that other premiums all did the same, because they all didn't.

Another issue you're overlooking here is time the server was down. The cheapest rate for a month is the $99 for twelve months breakdown of $8.25 a month. If they gave TP based on that rate for downtime, which is exactly what I'd so if I was running it, you'd get next to nothing as a lifer or VIP. They are much more generous than I am and gave us VIPs a 2 day extension on the month, while giving lifers 250 TP. That is huge, considering the short time the servers were actually down this last time. That's what we get for past and future guaranteed income streams as lifers and VIPs.

I understand you feel you deserve more based on the money you spent in the past, but if they take that into account, THEN they have to take into account all the extra money the lifers and VIPs have spent, over and above what we were or are asked to pay. I know some lifers who own every horse ever offered, all the expansions and a ton of other extras that their TP would never have covered. By your logic, Turbine would have to give back the seed money the lifers originally paid and that isn't going to happen. I, myself, have bought expansions, horses, extra storage, TP, costume items and even bought TP for a few friends and paid for them to be VIP for a month to get them into the game. I don't want them to get free TP as premium players, either. It doesn't make sense to me.

I'm sure you've heard "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" and you might think if you complain loud enough you'll get a freebie now and again. I can only speak for myself when I say, if Turbine starts taking this stuff seriously and gives you guys points when you clearly don't deserve them as a group, then my motivation for staying VIP goes away. Logically, if they start giving premium players the same rewards over downtime, that they give VIPs I might as well jump ship and get the free stuff too. Personally, I am glad they aren't subscribing to "welfare mentality" in this instance. You want rewards that paying players get, then become one. Become someone who wants to help guarantee the future of this game, rather than stating a bunch of pseudo facts, predicting the fall of this game because non paying players stop playing...

Just to add a little perspective

Actually, at the lowest available rate, which is what it would be set at, 2 says of VIP = 55¢, which actually makes your point even more valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaarg View Post
    "welfare mentality"

???

As a premium player who bought heaps of TP's, several month's of VIP, every quest pack and every expansion including pre-orders, and this for no less than 3 accounts within my family, I do NOT want to be considered as of less value than a lifetimer, and I do NOT want to be put on the same level as a f2p player (no offence intended towards f2p players), but it is exactly what happened.

So, when do we get this 250 points? I haven't received any yet.
    Hey, who stole my sig?

Quote Originally Posted by Eliahnus View Post
    ???

As a premium player who bought heaps of TP's, several month's of VIP, every quest pack and every expansion including pre-orders, and this for no less than 3 accounts within my family, I do NOT want to be considered as of less value than a lifetimer, and I do NOT want to be put on the same level as a f2p player (no offence intended towards f2p players), and this is exactly what happened.
    It's honestly quite simply VIP's lost 2 days of time they paid for, Lifers lost 2 days they paid for a long time ago. What did a premium member lose ? Unless there is some item you can buy that ticks down while you're logged off(which should absolutely be reimbursed if there is something like that) you really lost nothing you paid for as premium.

Would it be nice if premiums got something too ? Yep sure.
    Is it unfair they dont ? No not really.
    Nothing here matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorwyn99 View Post
    Is it unfair they dont ? No not really.

Thank you for proving my point.

Thank you for proving my point.
    Well then care to elaborate which that you paid for you lost and should be reimbursed for ?
    No matter how turbine voices it, this is in the end a reimbursement for a paid service not rendered.
    Nothing here matters.

???

As a premium player who bought heaps of TP's, several month's of VIP, every quest pack and every expansion including pre-orders, and this for no less than 3 accounts within my family, I do NOT want to be considered as of less value than a lifetimer, and I do NOT want to be put on the same level as a f2p player (no offence intended towards f2p players), but it is exactly what happened.
    You are not, but fact is that you didn't lose payed time when the servers stayed down. VIPs payed for being VIP during this time, so did LTA-Players. They made a huge one time payment in order to play as VIP (also) during this time. Since their VIP subscription can't be extended, they are given TPs.
    Premium players have no VIP subscription for this time.
    If at all, those who were premium players during these 2 days should get 2 days VIP more next time they pay for being VIP.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2