We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Steed of the Winged Herald!

I wonder who will be the first to get this?

http://my.lotro.com/rewards

"Rally five friends to play LOTRO and earn an exclusive mount!"

Re: Steed of the Winged Herald!

what ugly barding...maybe they should have a choice between the mount or equivilant TPs???

For a moment there before clicking I thought LOTRO jumped the shark and added flying mounts!

Looks okay I guess, I like the Noble Grey Steed better though.
    Lenghad - Champion on Arkenstone (Main char)

I am reminded of the tale of the Captain of some ship or other, who made a mistake and nearly got himself and his ship creamed. He dutifully reported to the Admiral what had happened.

The message came back, "Good."

A minute or two later, the Admiral signaled again:

"To previous message please add word 'God'."
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Saw one of these on Nimrodel last night. It's not bad, but I'm not really a fan of the horses with blankets, flags, or other hanging-off bits. I like my horses to look like horses. :-)

From the picture it seems as if the front half belonged to a smaller horse. I like it, though I can't say I have five names to offer to Turbine.
    Re-ni-AN-nen - strayed (ppt. of renia- 'to stray')
    Aeled Reniannen, Defender of Middle-earth ~ Nendhiniel, Forge-Warden : Captain and Wardenette from [EN-RP] Laurelin
    Fluffrash, Blade of Barashish ~ Nathraen, Conqueror of Towers : Warg Puppy and Spider Tailor from the darker side thereof
    Faradwen, Swift-Arrow : Huntress from [EN-RE] Landroval

As if in answer there came from far away another note. Horns, horns, horns. In dark Mindolluin's sides they dimly echoed. Great horns of the North wildly blowing. Rohan had come at last.
    ~~~~~
    Kári was a little Dwarf. / Smaller than you or me. / And wherever Kári went / He took his axe… or three.

I liked the steed.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150000000d9e9a/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [I]"That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind"[/I]

I don't know why they don't change every horse in game to a Blonde Sorrel and let us buy clothes for it from the store. Ballerina outfit, anyone?
    [CENTER][B][COLOR=#cc0099]Jinxycat [/COLOR][/B][B]|[COLOR=#cc0099] Spinnerette
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#00ffff][SIZE=1][B]Inept Officer [/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=1][B]|[/B][/SIZE][COLOR=#00ffff][SIZE=1][B] Creatures of the Fiery Kind[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
    [/CENTER]

Pretty hideous... It's strange because I love the color green, but I hate just about every mount with green tack in this game.
    [COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]Ayrolen[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrange]Anikosi[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Anfribur[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Ametrine[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Amari[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Ayaneth[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Red]Asparagus[/COLOR]-[COLOR=SandyBrown]Anayalos[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Alyradal[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Aloe[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Asiago[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Altanoin[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
    7 Haven Way, Tund Loriel, Falathlorn Homesteads
    [COLOR=White]Elendilmir[/COLOR] Arda Shrugged -[COLOR=White]Crickhollow[/COLOR] The Colonists[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]

Second star to the right and straight until morning... til you reach Neverland...

Wink Re: Steed of the Winged Herald!

Fun barding design, but the default blonde sorrel skin is a touch on the disappointment side of coloring. Wonder if these are across account if you do manage to find 5 buddies willing to subject themselves to an mmo addiction.
    !<3?!Wargs Rule!!?<3! But only because we have no playable feline races.
    ???s6u!?? 3?!?o?@? ?w ?o m3? @ 3?@ 3s3??
    *s6u!s* ¡?w ?o ?s3!6?@M pu@ 's3ss3??s!w-3?ol 's3s?l3?

Founder & Altoholic: playing wargies and loremistresses since 2006 SoA beta.*Jingle Jangle!*
    A "lifetime" of play on: Elendilmir (RIP), Crick, Landy, & more.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffy View Post
    Wonder if these are across account if you do manage to find 5 buddies willing to subject themselves to an mmo addiction.
    Yup they're account-wide

if you do manage to find 5 buddies willing to subject themselves to an mmo addiction.
    Spare your real friends the agony. Just sign up for a few free hotmail accounts and refer yourself if you really want the horse.

ICK! guess I dont have to worry in finding 5 people to try LOTRO LOL

Anyone care to post a screenie of the horse from in-game?

Fun barding design, but the default blonde sorrel skin is a touch on the disappointment side of coloring. Wonder if these are across account if you do manage to find 5 buddies willing to subject themselves to an mmo addiction.
    You could just create 5 Hotmail accounts.

It would all depend on whether or not the "5 friends" actually have to spend any money to qualify for you, or whether just creating an account is sufficient.

Edit: Darn, Tamiya beat me to it.
    TANSTAAFL

AW: Steed of the Winged Herald!

I actually really love it! Though I'm curious how it'll look ingame.
    I just hope these 5 'friends' won't need to do spend money or something.

Anyone know what the conditions are?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1e21d000000042f29/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Tamiya View Post
    Spare your real friends the agony. Just sign up for a few free hotmail accounts and refer yourself if you really want the horse.
    Hmmm... maybe Turbine doesn't count "referrals" that are using the same IP address as you...

As soon as you refer a friend, they get an email and through that email they get taken to a screen where they create a username, password and enter their email address. As soon as that screen is confirmed you are awarded one referral straight away.
    ~Commander Zaddoc the Undying
    The Lost Alliance, Evernight
    twitter.com/STARS_TyranT

Okay, so somebody has to ask the question: what are the stats on this steed?

Quote Originally Posted by Tamiya View Post
    I'm guessing that it's not that easy. The 5 people you refer probably have to subscribe, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaddoc View Post
    As soon as you refer a friend, they get an email and through that email they get taken to a screen where they create a username, password and enter their email address. As soon as that screen is confirmed you are awarded one referral straight away.
    Well then, I stand corrected. I didn't think they'd make it that simple.
    [COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]Ayrolen[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrange]Anikosi[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Anfribur[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Ametrine[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Amari[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Ayaneth[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Red]Asparagus[/COLOR]-[COLOR=SandyBrown]Anayalos[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Alyradal[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Aloe[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Asiago[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Altanoin[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
    7 Haven Way, Tund Loriel, Falathlorn Homesteads
    [COLOR=White]Elendilmir[/COLOR] Arda Shrugged -[COLOR=White]Crickhollow[/COLOR] The Colonists[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]

Only thing I like is the winged helm thing the horse is wearing. The rest just looks like yet another ugly blanket.

One would thing that after the recent jester, new spring mount and the preorder mount, that Turbine was putting more effort into their mount designs. Seems this is not the case with this mount LOL...
    Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

Winning situation for them, they get 5 possibly long term paying players, you get some belly button fluff and an incentive to buy TPs from them

Quote Originally Posted by Khainud View Post
    Okay, so somebody has to ask the question: what are the stats on this steed?

It is that easy.

This steed gives me wonderful fuzzy feelings--

of nostalgia for the referral steeds I unlocked in a couple other MMOs.

Wondering if there is a joke or obscure reference in the picture that I'm not getting.
    Elven Adventuress UI ~ Newbie Guide To Playing LotRO ~ Guide To Dual-Boxing LotRO

Quote Originally Posted by kmcferrin View Post
    Saw one of these on Nimrodel last night. It's not bad, but I'm not really a fan of the horses with blankets, flags, or other hanging-off bits. I like my horses to look like horses. :-)
    Agreed. In fact I'd pay for the ability to lose the flag on these mounts. In fact, I'd pay to remove it and give it away free to someone who likes it!

This mount is nice, but not something I'd want. Then again there are a lot of mounts in the game that others love yet I wouldn't ride if I owned it. Choice is good, fortunately we have lots of it.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast