We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Angry Harvest festival

I am bringing to task some nameless person in Turbine about the Harvest festival. I recieved e-mails from Turbine that stated the festival was running to the 19th of this month. You're very own splash page as you entered into the game announced that the bloody festival was running to the 19th, which I believe is today. And yet when I log in fully, NO FESTIVAL! If some one person or persons decided to end the bloody festival on the 18th it should have been STATED UP FRONT! And frankly, I'm more than a little surprised someone didn't carry over the festival an extra day or two considering that for a FULL DAY AND A HALF OF THE BLOODY FESTIVAL, TURBINE WAS DOWN COMPLETELY and no one could get in to play period! And further considering the incredibly irritating glitch of Manning the Market that occurred, a glitch I might point out that occurred LAST YEAR as well and wasn't fixed, kept me from doing said quest in well over HALF of my toons, again, I'm surprised that it wasn't carried over an extra day or two. Furthermore and lastly, I'd point out that because Turbine was down for well over a day and half and no one could get in at all to play anything, that is bloody festival DID NOT RUN A FULL TWO WEEKS. Do I expect anyone to agree with me, no. However, I'd point to someone nameless person or persons who made these decisions, something that my grandfather used to say. "You're only as good as the last promise you kept." Someone advertised one thing and did something else entirely and that is bad business.

What ran was actually the Farmer's Faire. Harvest fest is not until October, I believe. And apparently the Faire did end on the 19th. At 3am EST. I agree that this was a little silly. I expected it to run until midnight of the 19th. But it seems this was not the case. Perhaps in the future they may consider adding a time (in EST) that festivals will end. Especially if they are not going to end at midnight on the last posted day.

I was part-way through a mushroom hunt when *poof!* it all disappeared. I was rather confused since, like the OP, I'd seen the Faire advertised as being until the 19th, and that usually means midnight.
    I'd be quite happy to see the Faire reinstated for a couple of days, especially since the Bounder's bounty bags have such a hideously low drop rate outside of the festival.

Hmmm, I was participating in the Farmers Faire, not Harvest Festival. What is this glitch you mentioned? I did Manning the Market and all its subquests every day on all 17 characters of my main account and had no issues whatever.

Yes, very disappointed also. I had worked out some of the deeds to be able to finish today, log on and nothing there.

Sadly, this is not the first time this has happened...considering how they should be trying to please the paying customer to entice them to buy an expansion, screwing them over when their own advertisement indicated there was still another day left for the Faire is very bad business.

I don't even see why Turbine can't leave up the barter NPC's for a couple of days after the festival, in case somebody still needed to turn in some stuff.

Sometimes I shake my head at some of their decisions.

Rak
    Rakulp
    "Honor Above All"

And it's not like the splash screen was the only place it stated the 19th. I know I've seen it elsewhere, and so have others. Not cool, Turbine. Not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakulp View Post
    Yes, very disappointed also. I had worked out some of the deeds to be able to finish today, log on and nothing there.

Sadly, this is not the first time this has happened...considering how they should be trying to please the paying customer to entice them to buy an expansion, screwing them over when their own advertisement indicated there was still another day left for the Faire is very bad business.

I don't even see why Turbine can't leave up the barter NPC's for a couple of days after the festival, in case somebody still needed to turn in some stuff.

Sometimes I shake my head at some of their decisions.

Rak

Same here but I doubt anything will be done. Would love to be wrong though. I just have to remind myself it's only a game, not like they foreclosed on my house in real life or something, grumble a bit and move on...ok ok grumble alot.

Festivals have always ended at strange times on the last advertised day. I agree it would be better if they listed a start and end time as well as a date, but otherwise I just assume that the day before the advertised end day is the last day I will be able to run the festival. I consider it a bonus if it's still up when I can log in the next day.

They used to leave the barter vendors up for a few days after festival ended, but have stopped doing that in the last few years. Maybe it made the coding more complicated...

This isnt anything new. Turbine has always had issues when it comes to ANY event with their to's and through's, unless it was specifically stated otherwise.
    You'd think with enough festivals and such events throughout the year, that someone would be on this like cold on ice.

As a general rule, always expect it to end early, as in the first minute of the last announced day, unless it specifically says 11:59PM of said day.

Anything beyond that timeframe is a bonus.

To clarify: Sept 1 to Sept 15 is very different to a computer than Sept 1 through Sept 15.
    [SIZE=1]'[/SIZE]Gott weiss ich will kein Engel sein[SIZE=1]'[/SIZE]
    [URL="http://theministryosw.guildlaunch.com"][COLOR=Yellow]the Ministry[/COLOR][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Spud617 View Post
    I am bringing to task some nameless person in Turbine about the Harvest festival. I recieved e-mails from Turbine that stated the festival was running to the 19th of this month. You're very own splash page as you entered into the game announced that the bloody festival was running to the 19th, which I believe is today. And yet when I log in fully, NO FESTIVAL! If some one person or persons decided to end the bloody festival on the 18th it should have been STATED UP FRONT! And frankly, I'm more than a little surprised someone didn't carry over the festival an extra day or two considering that for a FULL DAY AND A HALF OF THE BLOODY FESTIVAL, TURBINE WAS DOWN COMPLETELY and no one could get in to play period! And further considering the incredibly irritating glitch of Manning the Market that occurred, a glitch I might point out that occurred LAST YEAR as well and wasn't fixed, kept me from doing said quest in well over HALF of my toons, again, I'm surprised that it wasn't carried over an extra day or two. Furthermore and lastly, I'd point out that because Turbine was down for well over a day and half and no one could get in at all to play anything, that is bloody festival DID NOT RUN A FULL TWO WEEKS. Do I expect anyone to agree with me, no. However, I'd point to someone nameless person or persons who made these decisions, something that my grandfather used to say. "You're only as good as the last promise you kept." Someone advertised one thing and did something else entirely and that is bad business.
    Hm... wow... A festival that lasted 2 weeks and you have to rant like that on the final day?

And what downtime are you talking about? I've been in game every day the whole time. Maybe your internet was out?

I also had no problem with Manning the Market at all... Technically it did end on Sept 19, so they kept their promise. Can't help it if maybe you are in the wrong timezone or whatever. Sept 19 for Turbine may not be Sept 19 for everyone around the globe...

And yes, as the previous poster mentioned, semantics do matter. X to Y does not mean X through Y. A situation similar to "3 AM on Day X to 3 AM on Day Y" is what happened here.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of [U][B]Riddermark[/B][/U]ed For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ [U][B]Landroval[/B][/U]

I was a bit confused as well with the dates. I saw in a few places that it ended on the 19th (again, like others I assumed it would be midnight tonight...not 3am as it seems was the case). I did play daily during this festival and had no issues with any of the quests. But, it is what it is. I earned over 1k in bounder's tokens...and 400 festival tokens (the lack of new items equals no token spending for myself...and I wasn't impressed by the new steed they had for this festival).

The other thing I was confused by (and I'm assuming that maybe it was a goof up on whomever makes the wait screen announcements when logging in) a Bat steed, when in fact there was none. Now, I will say that I tweeted to LOTRO about this asking what was up with it, and the next day whilst logging in, the festival announcement screen had changed and the Bat steed had been taken off. *shrugs* Maybe that just meas that's what we have to look forward to come Harvest festival.

I'm a bit surprised it ended at the time it did, and a bit disappointed as I now have a bunch of tokens that I'll have to hang on to until next year. I was going to try and spend them all today before the event ended. (Whatever happened to the unified token system that we were once promised?)

I guessed that it was over though when suddenly landscape mobs started dropping loads of bounders bags again.

Farmers Faire ending a surprise to me too

Quote Originally Posted by Squiddle View Post
    I was part-way through a mushroom hunt when *poof!* it all disappeared. I was rather confused since, like the OP, I'd seen the Faire advertised as being until the 19th, and that usually means midnight.
    I'd be quite happy to see the Faire reinstated for a couple of days, especially since the Bounder's bounty bags have such a hideously low drop rate outside of the festival.
    As I recall, ALL the other festivals I've participated in actually ended at midnight my time (pacific time) on the advertised day of ending. That meant they actually slipped 3 hours into the NEXT day if you were on eastern time---Farmers Faire ended a day earlier than advertised! Splash screen & web page both gave an ending date of September 19. I expected to have the whole day to finish quests and spend tokens. Imagine my surprise. To me, an ending date of September 19 does not mean 3 hours into September 19 eastern time, or the stroke of midnight September 18 my time.
    I agree it would be nice to extend the Faire a couple of days, especially considering the server downtime, but I guess I do not expect that to happen. I just hope they get their dates straight next time. This was definitely a mistake, and many people were taken by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapold View Post
    I'm a bit surprised it ended at the time it did, and a bit disappointed as I now have a bunch of tokens that I'll have to hang on to until next year. I was going to try and spend them all today before the event ended. (Whatever happened to the unified token system that we were once promised?)

I guessed that it was over though when suddenly landscape mobs started dropping loads of bounders bags again.
    I didnt have the same experience with the bounder's tokens, although it was 3AM or so. I wish.
    [URL="http://theministryosw.guildlaunch.com"][COLOR=Yellow]the Ministry[/COLOR][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Ospreyfeather View Post
    As I recall, ALL the other festivals I've participated in actually ended at midnight my time (pacific time) on the advertised day of ending. That meant they actually slipped 3 hours into the NEXT day if you were on eastern time---Farmers Faire ended a day earlier than advertised! Splash screen & web page both gave an ending date of September 19. I expected to have the whole day to finish quests and spend tokens. Imagine my surprise. To me, an ending date of September 19 does not mean 3 hours into September 19 eastern time, or the stroke of midnight September 18 my time.
    I agree it would be nice to extend the Faire a couple of days, especially considering the server downtime, but I guess I do not expect that to happen. I just hope they get their dates straight next time. This was definitely a mistake, and many people were taken by surprise.
    With all due respect, dont count on it. Refer to my above post. After six years and god knows how many events, by my recollection, this is quite the norm. If you recall otherwise, it could just be in that case, someone was actually on the ball, and specifically made it a point to check it, to be sure it was right. There were a few that i can remember that they specifically said 1159 on so and so date. To rectify this public outcry. Yet here we are.

Again.

Caught me by surprise too. I got all the stuff done by yesterday that I wanted to, but today was my day to take all my tokens and cash in. Log in this morning, and nothing. Now I'm stuck with over +3000 farmers tokens and nothing to use them on :P Be nice if, at the very least, they left a barter vendor around. Kind of a bummer, because I'd never played this festival before and really enjoyed it.

And yet when I log in fully, NO FESTIVAL!
    This is standard operating procedure at Turbine. Always presume a festival ends one day before the stated end date.

However, I'd point to someone nameless person or persons who made these decisions, something that my grandfather used to say. "You're only as good as the last promise you kept."
    You may count on exactly one promise from Turbine: Game experience may change during play.

Weird. My email clearly says Now-September 18th.

The calendar clearly stated the 18th. you guys need to get in the habit of clicking on it sometime.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

Quote Originally Posted by Grapold View Post
    (Whatever happened to the unified token system that we were once promised?)
    ^^This. How long ago was it that we were promised this?

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlius View Post
    ^^This. How long ago was it that we were promised this?
    Turbine realized unified festival tokens meant less grind the rest of the year.

Also, there is a unified festival currency in game. it's called Inn League.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

It technically did end on the 19th, just right when it turned Sept. 19th instead of the end of the day on the 19th as many thought.

Nothing new here sadly. I always assume now that festivals will end one day before the date listed. Safest way...

I was online in an instance and had the big fish, little fish in my quest log. and in the middle of a fight i got failed quest big fish, little fish it was 11:59PM PST so 2:59AM EST same time that the daily quests reset everyday so im not sure why your surprised at this. in less A time is stated i don't see what the big deal is. The screen said it ended on the 19th and it ended on the 19th right when it said it would.

Guess the lesson here is for Turbine to be more specific about when a festival closes.
    As their game is global, they need to give the time as well as the date, in EST, then people can work out what that means for their timezone.
    It would avoid unecessary confusion and animosity.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast