We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Cool need a little help!

hey everyone!!!! got to say omg this is by far the best game i ever played! im hooked! anyhow im new, i try to read up on stuff about game play, but i had a a question, whe i fight i somtimes i see these symbols come up, 4 in a diamond patterrn, 4 different symbols, like spider, horse and two others, dont know why or what im supposed to do there or why or what made them come up, is it a attack or? and one other im stumped, when i get traits how do i know what ones to use or have the bard activate? im a champion!
    thank you!!!

chaosofkhaos

They are fellowships actions, they will only come up in a fellowship and only if the other member is near by you can activate them

Those are fellowship maneuvers, and only come up in a fellowship. There's a lot of complex tactics for using them in large groups against big bosses, but for you right now, basically, you'd want to use red if you need the foe to take a lot of damage, blue if you need power, green if you need healing, and yellow if you want a balance. More detail here: http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Fellowship_Manoeuvre

Wow, yes i was in a fellowship when they came up! Hey thanks very much for the info! Does anyone know how to do traits or pick whats best to bard?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos-Khaos View Post
    Does anyone know how to do traits or pick whats best to bard?
    How to? Go to a Bard (there's one in the Prancing Pony in Bree), go to equip traits, pick the Tab of the trait(s) you want to equip, then either double click them or drag them to a slot.

As for what to equip, that's not as simple. It'll depend on how you want to play. Though, as a newer player, your options will be rather limited. Virtue traits are unlocked and upgraded by completing deeds. Race traits are unlocked by completing "Enmity" deeds. Class traits are unlocked by completing class deeds that consist of using a skill X times (usually capped per day) and there are 2 you obtain in a lvl 15 and lvl 30 class quest. Finally, there are the Legendary traits that are unlocked through deeds of collecting pages, class quests, completing the Volume 2 Epic quest chain and maxing rep in Moria.

As you can see on your Trait sheet, you have 5 Virtue, 5 Race, 7 Class and Legendary traits slots. If you're Free-to-Play or Premium (ie. you spent some money), you'll only have access to 2 Virtue, 2 Race, 2 Class and 1 Legendary trait slots and will need to unlock the rest in the store (95tp per Virtue, Race and Class and 195 per Legendary for 1345tp total).
    Else, if you log onto a character as a VIP, amongst other things, all Trait slots will be available to you when you meet the level requirements.

WOW, yes im vip, that is alot to figure out! lol , i am lvl 37 now, but just learned that i have to do them deed quest and other to get traits unlocked! i pretty much go head on when fighting, im still learning all those skill buttons and how and when to use them, i do have traits equiped, but im lost when it comes to picking what ones to equip, i need power lol! i wanted to say to all of you thank you so much for taking the time to teach me and explain these questions i have! your all so awesome! so now i am been focusing on doing these deed quests to unlock traits, so far i been all over the maps doing quests, not realizing some were more important to do first and finish all the way!

Like I said, it depends on how you want to play. The 3 trait lines of a Champion basically consist of Single target DPS (red), Area of Effect DPS (yellow), and Tankish (blue).
    You say you're having Power troubles, and the Blue line has a Trait that doubles the Power regained through Second Wind.

Be sure you max each of your class skills deeds per day. You can open your Deed log with Shift + L, which opens on class traits by default. I find it easy to just spam the one skill until the Blue progression bar turns Yellow, meaning it's capped for the day, then repeat for the next move.

and whats worse lol, is that i been wasting time and money for years on pirate of the carrabean online, when i could been here, i didnt even know about this game! wow this game is killer!!!