We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Noob has a couple more questions on questing and expansions

Hey all, I am a noob and am subbed for the next three months (VIP) and I have the rise of Isengard, Mines of Moria, and Siege of Mirkwood expansions, and will get Riders of Rohan next week. My question is do I still need to buy any quest packs or because I'm subbed and have all expansions I don't need to?

Now my last question is on questing. What is the most efficient, fastest way o level? I have read different opinions and one guide says to ot to the epic because it hasnyourunning alloverbthe place and just stick with all the other quests in the region. I have also read to do all quests including epic. Please let me know. Thanks...

Since your subbed (and thus VIP) I don't' believe there will be any other quest packs to purchase. Hopefully someone else can come in and verify that OR correct me. :P

The best way to level is just to grind. And use an XP enhancers (those really help). Also, if there are any double XP weekends in the near future (or during your VIP time) take advantage of them. That really helps! I know when I'm just looking to level my characters as fast as I can, I go to areas that are at least 4 levels above me (where monsters are red or orange) and grind away. The XP you earn from that is awesome! Sure, it may not go along with quests you have, but if you're looking to level fast, that's the way to do it. At least, that's how I do it.

Hope this helps!!

Quote Originally Posted by Antmf712 View Post
    Hey all, I am a noob and am subbed for the next three months (VIP) and I have the rise of Isengard, Mines of Moria, and Siege of Mirkwood expansions, and will get Riders of Rohan next week. My question is do I still need to buy any quest packs or because I'm subbed and have all expansions I don't need to?

Now my last question is on questing. What is the most efficient, fastest way o level? I have read different opinions and one guide says to ot to the epic because it hasnyourunning alloverbthe place and just stick with all the other quests in the region. I have also read to do all quests including epic. Please let me know. Thanks...
    You dont have to buy any more quest pack, just expansion.

The best way to level isnt alway follow the epic. You should follow the intro epic quest, to Bree, to Loneland, do the side quests, skip the fellowship quests or the quests that under your level 2-3 levels, or quests that too far from your path. Around level 30 you take another part with the epic quest and go to Evendim. Follow the Evemdim quest chain to Ost Forost. Now you're around level 38. Try to get to or almost 39 somehow. Go to Rivendell. Do some small quest in Rivendell to get to 39. Buy the legendary books from your class trainer. Read the book and go speak with your class inspirer. Speak with Aragorn for the epic quest, he'll tell you go to Esteldin. Go to Esteldin, speak with the epic quest guy, then go to Angmar. Start to pick up side quest and do it alongside epic quest. Again, you should skip fellowship quests. At level 43-44, again, you put the epic quest aside and go to Eregion. Level 47, start the epic Vol II at the gate of Moria. Do side quests in the gate. Level 48, go into Moria. Level 58 go to Lorien. Level 61-62 Mirkwook, catch up epic quest again. Level 64-65, Dunland, catch up epic quest (started from Nar Perk - Enedwaith). Level 74-75 Rohan, catch up epic quest.

The previous post contains excellent advice about leveling. However, before you go all-fired-up to level up as quickly as humanly possible, know that there is very little to experience at level cap that isn't there well below it. This isn't like other games where level cap is "where it's at" and everything else is merely a grind that keeps you occupied for as long as possible. This game is all about the story. I'm concerned that if you are concentrating on hurrying to level cap, you'll miss the fun that's all around you.

Everything will still be there when you get to level cap... whether it is 85 over the next month or 95 sometime next year. Enjoy the journey.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

Quote Originally Posted by Shukar View Post
    The previous post contains excellent advice about leveling. However, before you go all-fired-up to level up as quickly as humanly possible, know that there is very little to experience at level cap that isn't there well below it. This isn't like other games where level cap is "where it's at" and everything else is merely a grind that keeps you occupied for as long as possible. This game is all about the story. I'm concerned that if you are concentrating on hurrying to level cap, you'll miss the fun that's all around you.

Everything will still be there when you get to level cap... whether it is 85 over the next month or 95 sometime next year. Enjoy the journey.
    This! Rather than the *fastest* way to level, I'd look for the leveling method that's most *enjoyable* for you. As Shukar said, for many players (and I'm one of them) the journey is more important than arriving at the level cap.

Honestly, I find leveling in this game to be extremely fast, and there are always many more quests available than anyone can possibly do at level. For your first time through I would strongly recommend following the epic story and then just filling in with quests in the regions that it takes you to that seem interesting. Learn a craft or ride around looking at the beautiful scenery if that appeals to you. If you are a Tolkien fan, appreciate all the great touches that connect with the books, like the glade in the Shire where Frodo met the elves, or Bilbo's stone trolls in the Trollshaws.

There's no rush, unless your main goal is cap-level raiding; find a pace that works for you and enjoy the ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Finduilas88 View Post
    There's no rush, unless your main goal is cap-level raiding; find a pace that works for you and enjoy the ride!
    Even this reason may be mostly gone after Helm's Deep. The dev's have said that the Epic Battles system will scale players up to the level of the rest of the group. While a scaled-up player may not be as useful as one who got there the long way, that may not be critical for all groups. You might be able to do "cap-level" raids before you are at level cap.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

Actually, the answer to this question depends on if you plan to continue as a VIP or stop at the end of your current subscription.

WHILE VIP, you do not need to buy quest packs since access to all quest packs (not expansions) is included in the monthly fee.

IF YOU CANCEL VIP and drop back to premium, you will be able to finish any quests and/or deeds that you have open on each character but will no longer have access to quest packs you have not purchased (and can't purchase while VIP). As such, it is recommended you create a character in every available character slot and log them in to get VIP bonuses locked down on them while you are VIP. Characters made while in premium status have different limits such as 5 gold money cap and 3 packs.
    [CENTER][B][I][COLOR=yellow]LOTRO proves that Middle Earth is Hobbit Forming![/COLOR][/I][/B][/CENTER]