We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Quick question about the Captain class

Actually I have two questions.

Question 1 I love the captain class but I hate the slow weapon speed and for being dps and not support a one handed and shield is not an option (I take it) so my question is, is there any way to get my weapon speed any faster then it is?

Question 2: when do shields become open for the captain class? currently I cannot use them.

thanks Guthics

Quote Originally Posted by guthics View Post
    Actually I have two questions.

Question 1 I love the captain class but I hate the slow weapon speed and for being dps and not support a one handed and shield is not an option (I take it) so my question is, is there any way to get my weapon speed any faster then it is?

Question 2: when do shields become open for the captain class? currently I cannot use them.

thanks Guthics
    At level 15 you gain use of a shield, and you can go 1H + shield in DPS mode. It'll be slower DPS though, 2H swing slower but they'll do more damage.
    War-cry (a defeat response) and Strength of Will for Blade Brother will both lower your attack duration. (You attack faster.)
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Cappy is the worst dps class on foot, but with heavy armour and some heal, still enough for solo questing, just a bit slower. Around level 58, when you can summon the archer, trait all red, include cap stone, and use the oath-breaker archer. Would speed it up a bit. But dont expect much. Above level 75, with warsteed, the cappy dps would much more better.

It also helps a Cappy to keep an eye on the stats and weapons that give them the most damage for their level. Keep upgrading weapon to higher DPS. Keep upgrading Might bonuses on items as well.

Duoing with any other class, even another cappy, speeds things up for both of you. Cappy can tank + heal for a duo in all the solo content with ease. (Two faces roll much faster than one.)
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    http://www.theoldergamers.com

Eventually you will get skills that will increase your attack speed and make 2-handed weapons seem a bit faster. However, Captain isn't a DPS class; it's a versatile support class. If that's not what you're looking for then try out another class!

At level 15 you'll get the ability to use them. Most skills seem to work better with 2-handed weapons, though. I can't remember the last time I equipped a shield on my level 85 Captain.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

Lightbulb

Is uncommon but it happen that some players use 1-hand & shield to tank & heal on captain, because those are the 2 ocassions when dps isn't the most important. When a captain want to get the most of dps, most probably will use a 2-hand weapon, mostly halberg or great sword.
    Is this Alternate Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth

Since the Captain is the only class that can use a Halberd, that is the only weapon my Cappy uses. If you want a really fun DPS class, play Champion or Burglar.

I do prefer the Halberd, but sometimes just for fun I like to swing a Great Sword. Humans get +2% damage when using swords as a racial trait you can slot. But since Captains get the same +2% for Halberds as a passive skill, halberds win for me.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>