We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CSTM Helm's Deep article/interview

This is a pretty nice overview of the Helm's Deep expansion followed by an interview with a few new questions/answers...

http://cstm.mymiddleearth.com/2013/0...ep-first-look/

Ent Play confirmed???!?!??

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Quote Originally Posted by DanteIL View Post

They confirmed no Session Play... Did they take it back?
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by robbie1435 View Post
    They confirmed no Session Play... Did they take it back?

Sometimes I guess we're better off not having a sense of humor and joking with the press.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Sometimes I guess we're better off not having a sense of humor and joking with the press.
    I'm sorry. It's all my fault.
    Check out the LOTRO Reporter site at:
    www.lotroreporter.com
    You can also find us here:
    Twitter Facebook iTunes

Lol Sap! I was just confused! I read that article in I said, "Whatttttttt!?!? First there were no sessions plays, not ENT session play? AWESOME!!!" (Seriously, now I'm expecting ent session play Sap!)

One last note: Stop playing with my emotions!!! Gah!!

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

Unless a joke is very, very, very obvious, you should not make it, because most people don't get jokes on the internet. Humor does not translate to the internet well, at least not text.

Indeed, if you read the first comment

“Q: Will there be more changes to mounted combat in Helm’s Deep?
    A: No, We’re pretty happy with where it’s at right now, so we aren’t looking to change things up at this time.”

…joke of the year, right?

Quote Originally Posted by trancejeremy View Post
    Unless a joke is very, very, very obvious, you should not make it, because most people don't get jokes on the internet. Humor does not translate well.

Indeed, if you read the first comment
    I got the joke... But I still want ent session play...

I'm not a native speaker, maybe that's why I do not get it: if it was a joke, what's the catch? there were huorns close to helm's deep doing their job after the battle, is it related to this?

Note: not offended in any way, just curious

Quote Originally Posted by almozario View Post
    I'm sorry. It's all my fault.
    It was very easy for us to assume this wasn't a joke after the session play as Nurzum. I dont know what cues there were if any that it was a joke on the stream. I do know that it was a remark probably made entirely because you were on the stream, but that doesn't mean you are to blame!

I'd like to thank Turbine for getting ahead of this at least. =)
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by DanteIL View Post
    This is a pretty nice overview of the Helm's Deep expansion followed by an interview with a few new questions/answers...

http://cstm.mymiddleearth.com/2013/0...ep-first-look/

Most MMORPGs have what is called "end game". LOTRO does it better, it has "ent game".

Founder and Lifetimer.

Quote Originally Posted by Korrigan-EU View Post
    Most MMORPGs have what is called "end game". LOTRO does it better, it has "ent game".

Well that would explain how BIG battles was conceived.
    Nothing here matters.

Did you hand them over those screenshots as part of the joke?

Riddles in the dark....

Q: Will there be any updates to user communication to help increase user interaction and easy of planning groups?
    A: Yes we are looking into creating a official glff global chat channel so it’s not user created and officially supported.

YES! YES! Finally a channel where you can actually find people AND have official support to remove the trolls! Yes!

But one thing had me confused: Q: Will Eastfold support mounted combat?
    A: Yes but only 1/8th of Eastfold will support mounted combat due to the dense collection of trees and foliage.

Q: How much of the expansion supports mounted combat?
    A: 75% of the regional divisions will support mounted combat. Eastfold not so much because its tucked into the forest.

? Does these not contradict eachother? o.o
    Truth and Justice

Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunStalker View Post
    Q: Will there be any updates to user communication to help increase user interaction and easy of planning groups?
    A: Yes we are looking into creating a official glff global chat channel so it’s not user created and officially supported.

YES! YES! Finally a channel where you can actually find people AND have official support to remove the trolls! Yes!

A: Yes but only 1/8th of Eastfold will support mounted combat due to the dense collection of trees and foliage.

A: 75% of the regional divisions will support mounted combat. Eastfold not so much because its tucked into the forest.

Yeah i stumbled over the eastfold part too but i guess what they are saying is that one zone will only support MC in 1/8 of it, the other Zones will support it pretty much fully.
    Nothing here matters.

They can be jumped into at any time, but they are separate from the actual story.
    Since the way that the battles have been integrated with the story line there really is no way to separate the two...
    I'm having some difficulty understanding both of these statements, apparently both about Epic Battles, at once. Am I missing something? /confused :/

This will be a out of topic paradise, just like the common trade channel to all cities is in WoW. Global chat channels are never a good idea, they always get abused by out of topic discussion.
    Note that I didn't say "trolls". Just "out of topic". If you think people will only talk about grouping on the unique game wide general channel, you don't know the average MMO player much.

What will they do? Ban the guy who discusses about his girlfriend's socks or the latest football match on the only global chat channel of the game? Ban every attention greedy kid talking about out of topic stuff? If they do that, they soon won't have anyone left playing this game...
    Founder and Lifetimer.

Found a brief video that I haven't seen linked on there forums yet.

http://www.pcgamesn.com/lord-rings-o...ults-and-drama

I guess the voice is Théodens? Sounds pretty good.
    Hunter & alts on Snowborne since 2007, now on Evernight.

Yeah I was confused at first by this - my interpretation is that MC will be available in all new areas, but not practical to use in every area.

Players will be able to participate in epic battles in 5 different areas within Helms Deep. These spaces are not like skirmishes and don’t scale based on the number of players but are built for a specific number of users.
    So non-grouping players will have only one HD area to battle in?

Quote Originally Posted by Tarlywyn View Post
    Given the statement that the 'Big Battles' are so closely intertwined with the Epic, I doubt this will be the case.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Tarlywyn View Post
    Actually the 20 questions stated that all Battles will have a solo setting with select ones having higher group sizes.
    Nothing here matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    Given the statement that the 'Big Battles' are so closely intertwined with the Epic, I doubt this will be the case.
    Typically Epics are associated with playing through an area once though (except for the unlocked skirmishes). Based on past instances, there'd be at least one BB area each for 3-man, 6-man and 12-man groups. This would leave one, maybe two repeatable BB areas for non-grouping players if the areas are player number specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorwyn99 View Post
    Thanks for the clarification. Media releases may need to make this clearer, else some may get the wrong idea

Quote Originally Posted by Korrigan-EU View Post
    This will be a out of topic paradise, just like the common trade channel to all cities is in WoW. Global chat channels are never a good idea, they always get abused by out of topic discussion.
    Note that I didn't say "trolls". Just "out of topic". If you think people will only talk about grouping on the unique game wide general channel, you don't know the average MMO player much.

What will they do? Ban the guy who discusses about his girlfriend's socks or the latest football match on the only global chat channel of the game? Ban every attention greedy kid talking about out of topic stuff? If they do that, they soon won't have anyone left playing this game...
    ...thanks for crushing my dreams.
    Truth and Justice

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast