We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    soloable instances

    make all the instances soloable like you did books so ppl can get deeds done. some servers don't have a lot of ppl on them. don't have to give rewards like a normal raid instance just let us get deeds done

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Gallifrey. I need a Jelly Baby.
    Posts
    18,190
    It might be easier and cheaper to just remove the instance requirement for the deeds. Some of those instances are not a case of DPS but actual team work. For example, I cannot remember the name, but there is one instance where than once a Kinnie has asked me to go with him so I can pull a lever so while he does something else. And this is after he clears the mobs. How would you make that solo?

    Man, I cannot remember the name of that instance to save my life.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    It might be easier and cheaper to just remove the instance requirement for the deeds. Some of those instances are not a case of DPS but actual team work. For example, I cannot remember the name, but there is one instance where than once a Kinnie has asked me to go with him so I can pull a lever so while he does something else. And this is after he clears the mobs. How would you make that solo?

    Man, I cannot remember the name of that instance to save my life.
    Not sure what instance you're talking about, but they did make a soloable version of the water wheels for the V2 Epic. In that, there's a lever that has opens a gate and has a few second delay before it closes so you can run though it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middle-earth
    Posts
    1,700
    Why would you want instance deeds made soloable? The whole point of those deeds is receiving a title or cosmetic fluff to show off that you've beaten certain group content. In other words, deeds are there as a mean to show off, maybe even to brag when the content is difficult. Doing easy stuff alone is not exactly something to brag about, which nullifies the point of those deeds in the first place.

    Furthermore, if you're talking not about fluff but about virtue traits (from Angmar and Moria instance deeds), those are already soloable.
    So I don't really understand why you want this.
    [I]In the sea without lees standeth the Bird of Hermes.
    [/I][I]When all his feathers be from him gone, He standeth still here as a stone.
    Here is now both white and red, And all so the stone to quicken the dead[/I][I].
    The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to make me tame.[/I]

  5. #5
    You can always run the instance solo when you are overleveld, depending on your class, e.g. I did Urugarth (lvl 50, fellowhip) solo with my lvl 85 champ and got the deeds done (It was quite fun actually, very nice instance too).

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Gallifrey. I need a Jelly Baby.
    Posts
    18,190
    Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    Not sure what instance you're talking about, but they did make a soloable version of the water wheels for the V2 Epic. In that, there's a lever that has opens a gate and has a few second delay before it closes so you can run though it.

    That was the one! I never knew a solo version was made.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Czech republic
    Posts
    244
    Quote Originally Posted by khanmoras View Post
    make all the instances soloable like you did books so ppl can get deeds done. some servers don't have a lot of ppl on them. don't have to give rewards like a normal raid instance just let us get deeds done
    I guess you can forget that Turbine will rework instances for one player. As OP suggested you can do them over-leveled. If you play as close-combat char and your level is high you can easily finish most of them. I finished some of them even with my ranged hunter - that was a challenge since hunter got ###### defense (I had to use traps, CC a lot..). I had more fun than with immortal warden in this case..
    [color=#ffbc15]Elves - Dusreth (HNT95), Dusriel (RK90), Dusaran (WRD70), Dusraen (LM56), Dusador (GRD44),
    Mortals - Dusgar (CPT36), ...
    Laurelin server[/color]

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    1,044
    Quote Originally Posted by khanmoras View Post
    make all the instances soloable like you did books so ppl can get deeds done. some servers don't have a lot of ppl on them. don't have to give rewards like a normal raid instance just let us get deeds done
    not sure if you are trolling or serious... it is a mmorpg, not a single playergame.... and afaik hd might be almost entirely soloable
    Flixxer - Hunter - Imladris - 100 R7 ---- Danielleth - Minstrel - Imladris - 22
    Zaireth - Rune-keeper - Imladris - 73 -- Ariannasophia - Warden - Imladris - 14
    Flixxer - Champion - Eldar - 54

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload