We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    1 Twinfall Path, Celos-en-Nauth, Falathlorn
    Posts
    143

    Angry Manning the Market and The Fat Mayor bug

    I did Manning the Market once, and like usual, golden rings popped up over the customer's heads. I did several quests, all was well. I did it a second time after the cooldown, and no gold rings popped up. My shift expired. After the cooldown again, I tried to redo the quest, and yet again no gold rings popped up over the customer's heads. Plus the quest The Fat Mayor is glitched, I have tried every item and it is not the right one. For these quests, is it something I am doing wrong, or is it a bug?
    Night is falling,
    So ends this day.
    The Road is now calling
    And I must away.

  2. #2
    As far as the Mayor, is sounds like you're simply grabbing the wrong things. Each time the Mayor eats, he then says something that will indicate what he wants.
    For example, if he says something is too bland, you bring him some salt for seasoning.

    As for the Market, it sounds like a bug.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    1 Twinfall Path, Celos-en-Nauth, Falathlorn
    Posts
    143
    The mayor said something like "Spu-spu-spicy!" and I brought him the bucket of water. Did not work. Was that right, because I do not think butter or salt or milk would help much.
    Night is falling,
    So ends this day.
    The Road is now calling
    And I must away.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    82
    Actually, milk was the correct item for any complaints about things being too 'spicy' or 'peppery', as dairy products have long been thought of as a sort of 'folk cure' for a burning tongue.

    Some other things:

    If he wants a palate cleanser or accompaniment to the meal, bring him wine.
    If he wants to replenish or complains about being thirsty, bring him water (also if he says something is too salty)
    If he complains about a lack of seasoning, bring him salt
    If the bread is too dry or the food not rich enough, bring him butter

    You can find a full list of what he says and what he wants as a result by looking up the quest on the lotro-wiki

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Temrhyn View Post
    the food not rich enough, bring him butter
    Actually, wine also works on that one.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Eryniell View Post
    I did Manning the Market once, and like usual, golden rings popped up over the customer's heads. I did several quests, all was well. I did it a second time after the cooldown, and no gold rings popped up. My shift expired. After the cooldown again, I tried to redo the quest, and yet again no gold rings popped up over the customer's heads.
    If you take the Manning the Market quest, sign off that character before the quest timer has expired, then sign back into that character after 3am, server time, the quest will complete at the moment you sign in and thus be considered your use of that quest for the new day. For example, if you take the quest at 8pm Thursday, sign out at 8:10pm Thursday, then sign back in at 7am Friday, you will complete the quest at 7am Friday. In other words, always make sure the quest timer expires before signing off a character.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eryniell View Post
    Plus the quest The Fat Mayor is glitched, I have tried every item and it is not the right one. For these quests, is it something I am doing wrong, or is it a bug?
    In some cases, the Mayor does not want anything. For example, if he says, Lovely, lovely", the correct response is no response.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    South Tyrol, sadly in Italy
    Posts
    4,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Eryniell View Post
    The mayor said something like "Spu-spu-spicy!" and I brought him the bucket of water. Did not work.
    That's because it's wrong. If something is spicy, milk is required to neutralize it.

    You better read some guides on the net before you complain about bugs.



    About manning the market: If you don't let the timer expire after playing, it will expire the next day and you won't be able to play then, because the quest is on cooldown. That one IS a bug.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    7,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Neumi View Post
    About manning the market: If you don't let the timer expire after playing, it will expire the next day and you won't be able to play then, because the quest is on cooldown. That one IS a bug.
    After accidentally doing that the first day, I've always waited until my screen pops up 'completed manning the market', and usually another minute after to start logging out. On more than one occassion, I've lost the opportunity to do it the following day because it pops up 'completed' again. No idea why. It was highly frustrating to not get the opportunity to get these bounders bags with the pathetic drop rate elsewhere.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload