We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Talking Landroval - The Golden Mallorn kin [casual, kind, fun]

2016 Golden Mallorn Kin Information
    http://thegoldenmallorn.guildlaunch.com/

The Golden Mallorn is a kin, blossomed in September 2013, that seeks to be a place of fun and fellowship for all races and classes of Middle-earth. Whether you are new and just beginning your LOTRO journey, level 100 and raiding or PvPing, prefer questing and socializing, find joy in RP, are a veteran of Landroval or a transfer, you have a home in The Golden Mallorn. As an intentionally casual kin, there is very little that we ask. But always remember - any kin is as active as you make it. When searching for a kin home, ask yourself what you can bring to the community, not just what the community can do for you.

Mission Statement: Weirdos, misfits and oddballs welcome. The only steadfast rule we have in this kin (and we do enforce this) is to respect your kin members regardless of nationality, gender, age, background, belief or playstyle. Conflict and disagreement are natural in any community, but you must be willing to resolve it without hateful speech, trolling or bringing the entire kin community into it.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q. How do I join?
    A. Simply *Apply to Kinship* in the upper left of the kin homepage. Then find Pandothrien or any officer ingame to be added to kin. You must be online to be added to kin, Turbine's rules not ours.

Q. How active is your kin?
    A. We have always been and always will be a kin focused on quality not quantity. That said, as of December 31, 2015 we have 147 individual players who have logged into at least one character within the last 100 days. Events are scheduled as people feel like doing them, as is the very nature of a casual kin. Kin Officers and Kin Members alike are both encouraged to create and participate in events, ranging from raids, BBs, Roving Threat runs, questing groups, concerts, RP and more. Events are sometimes scheduled on the website calendar, but also pop up spontaneously as people are on and the mood strikes. We are also quite international. While mostly from the USA, we have kinnies in Prague, Scotland, England, Ireland, Ukraine, Germany, Brazil, Finland, Argentina, Canada, Australia, Russia, Africa, Singapore, Sweden, Croatia, France and more. There is not one time of day/day of week that is busiest. There is no limit to the # of alts you can bring into kin, nor is there a requirement to commit only to our kin. Landroval is full of wonderful kins with different areas of focus, spread the love and the fun and have alts amongst the community!

Q. Do you have any kin alliances?
    A. The Golden Mallorn advocates for many Landroval kinships. We are also a part of the Landroval Veterans Council [LandyVets] with an intention of fostering a healthy, positive community on Landroval, and doing so by planning/helping/sharing events, raids, tips, and more.

Q. Do I have to play a certain amount of hours/days to stay in the kin?
    A. There is no minimum, but we do have a 100-day inactive policy. This means at least one of your toons must be active within a 100-day window, and each of your toons must have a Player Note connecting them to the main (any officer or member will assist you in doing this, if you would like). This is so that no alt is excused from kin accidentally if you have not played them within 100 days. You can always come back into the kin should you begin playing again, but we have this policy due to the high number of individuals who leave LOTRO and never return.

Q. What are some kin member benefits?
    A. Dedicated crafters, 11 kin houses, Vent, and friendships to last a lifetime *cue sappy music*. Once a member, you'll have access to the following information:
    - The Golden Mallorn Kin Crafters
    - The Golden Mallorn Kin Houses
    - The Golden Mallorn Kinmates
    - The Golden Mallorn Vent

Q. Who are your fearless leaders?
    A. The Golden Mallorn has a rockstar team of leaders, diverse in age, gender, beliefs, nationalities, and playstyles. Read bios on the kin home page:

Pandothrien, Leader
    Wolshi, Co-Leader
    Glorymaye
    Hixon
    Leeonidas
    Liedchen
    (Retired Officers: Elannyn, Icarius, Cynphul, Nimmriel)
    Last edited by Skagirlcourt; Dec 31 2015 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Updated Information.

Thumbs up

I have raided and quested alongside many kins - none as helpful and genuine as The Golden Mallorn.

What server are they on?

I've been an avid WoW player for years. Pando convinced me to move to LOTRO via real life bribery/threats and I'm happy I did. Community is completely diff. Join this kin if you're on Landroval, it's chill and everyone actually cares about your success in game. Not a huge fan of the expansion and changes so far, but the kin keeps me there.

West Coast?

Does your Kin have any players that are around evenings west coast time? (Los Angeles)

Quote Originally Posted by keithianw View Post
    Does your Kin have any players that are around evenings west coast time? (Los Angeles)
    Hi Keithianw

We do indeed have players from the West Coast. One of the most common questions we get asked is what our busiest play time is. With about 112 players all around the world, it's hard to pinpoint one time/day of the week. But we generally have people on at all times.

For more FAQs about *The Golden Mallorn*, please check out our home page. Or send me a tell in-game!

Pandothrien

http://thegoldenmallorn.guildlaunch.com/
    Pandothrien
    Kin Leader ~ The Golden Mallorn
    [url]http://thegoldenmallorn.guildlaunch.com/[/url]

Hi Pandothrien!

I'm attempting to submit my application to your kinship on your website but it appears to be stuck.

My name is Samar in Landroval and I'm a level 56 hunter. I will try again on the site and i'll keep an eye out in the server if you're around!

Cheers!

EDIT: It appears to have gone through!
    Last edited by pest05; Dec 29 2013 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pest05 View Post
    Hi Pandothrien!

I'm attempting to submit my application to your kinship on your website but it appears to be stuck.

My name is Samar in Landroval and I'm a level 56 hunter. I will try again on the site and i'll keep an eye out in the server if you're around!

Cheers!
    Hey Samar! Got your app and accepted it So glad to have you! Wolski and I are out of the game through the 30th but as soon as we get back in, look forward to seeing you there. Any Officer can add you to kin in our absence. Happy Holidays and see you soon!

Pando & Wolshi
    Pandothrien

I've been in many kins, in many games. I've led kins. I've led raids. This kin is unlike all of those. People are actually nice and pretty much always willing to help in some way. Couldn't ask for a better kin on Landy.

Kangun/Sinakta/Troubleo

After playing MMOs to over 13 years I finally moved over to LOTRO... after a year on a different server I moved to Lando and glad I did. I was not actively searching for a kin when I moved over but after a very short while I was grouping with people from the Golden Mallorn and found them to be a great group of people to be with. After about a week I inquired about joining and let me tell you I am glad I did. The kin as a whole is great, the people are from all over the world (Germany, England, Singapore, Brazil, US, Canada just to name a few places). There is someone on at any time of the day or night and everyone is willing to help out when ever it is needed. Of all the kins/guilds/whatever your flavor is that I have been a part of Pando and the rest of TGM have made me feel the most welcome and have always been ready to help.

If you are looking for a fun kin to enjoy the game then this is the one for you on Landro (oh did I mention the semi annual parties and contests that Pando puts on? but that is another story).
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/13213000000055a8d/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Just wanted to say that you guys have a really great website. Pretty much just stopped by to say this as I'm on another server.

Good luck guys!

Quote Originally Posted by ViciousPanda View Post
    Just wanted to say that you guys have a really great website. Pretty much just stopped by to say this as I'm on another server.

Good luck guys!
    Thank you for the kind words! If you ever start a toon on Landroval, you're welcome to join us

*Pando*
    Pandothrien

My ingame name is Cynphul, and I am a proud officer of this outstanding kin. I have been in a few kin during my reign as hero of Middle-Earth, and have yet to find a finer bunch of folks.

If you need anything from quest help, to research, that rare mat, or crafted weapon, we are there to help. We can't ALWAYS help, but will do the best we can. I mean, I wish I could make symbols appear in my bank. LOL

We are what you would call a 'casual' kinship. We do raid, but it's not a job. We have kinship events, hire bands, dances, give aways, or just sit at one of the kinship houses; we have 5, to chat and show off our cosmetics.

Our chat is family friendly, and we have many parents that drag their kids into our kinship knowing their little eyes will not bleed.

If you are looking for a kinship with a home and family like atmosphere, then please look us op in the Social panel. In game type 'O', then the Fellowing tab, in the box labeled 'Filter' typing Golden, then at the bottom left click 'update'. There is another drop down that says 'sort by' change that to kinship, and it will bring up all of us up that are on line. You can send ANYONE a /tell, and they will alert an officer.

I look forward to seeing you in game; server Landroval, and welcoming you to the kinship.

./bows

Cyn

Just thought I'd jump in here with my .02 for what it's worth....

I had been looking for a Kinship that is active and the members are friendly for awhile and found it with The Golden Mallorn. I generally have a hard time finding anyone on in a Kinship when I play but found one here, there has always been someone online when I log in, no matter what time, and the members have all been friendly and helpful....except that Pando person...lol...just kidding, Pando is awesome and has made me feel right at home there

So, bottom line, if you are looking for a active kin with friendly members and NO drama, I highly recommend this one.

Oh, yeah, they do stuff together as well, wanted to throw that in there even tho I'm a solo'er, there's always been something going on with runs, etc

~Gull

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Terens View Post
    Just thought I'd jump in here with my .02 for what it's worth....

I had been looking for a Kinship that is active and the members are friendly for awhile and found it with The Golden Mallorn. I generally have a hard time finding anyone on in a Kinship when I play but found one here, there has always been someone online when I log in, no matter what time, and the members have all been friendly and helpful....except that Pando person...lol...just kidding, Pando is awesome and has made me feel right at home there

So, bottom line, if you are looking for a active kin with friendly members and NO drama, I highly recommend this one.

Oh, yeah, they do stuff together as well, wanted to throw that in there even tho I'm a solo'er, there's always been something going on with runs, etc

~Gull

Ha! I hear that Pando person is all kinds of ridiculous....luckily there are about 200 other folks on, so you can just ignore her

<3 Get well soon, Gullaith!
    Pandothrien

I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, like this kin.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000002889d3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Beral - we (really) like you too! Just wish you'd show more enthusiasm.....

Ha!

Thanks for being a part of the kin from the beginning.

~Pando~
    Pandothrien

Coming back to my Burglar with Update 16, and thankful for the help from everyone in TGM so far. Sometimes a lot of you are on, sometimes just a couple, but it's always a nice place to be. Thanks everyone.

TGM is a pleasant place from which to experience Landroval.

/Silvering

Burggle and Silver, thank you for the sweet words. I am a fan of our kin It makes me excited to log into the game, and only a fun community could make me this excited about a game for this many years. *hugs* to you both!
    Pandothrien

They're a pleasant bunch, highly recommended.
    Looking forward to a few new faces after my break!

/the ignorant Swede

I've played on and off for years and with all the updates I'm utterly lost. I have no ties to any guild and your guild sounds lovely. I'd gladly server transfer if i got into the guild. I've been on Gladden since I started playing many years ago. I logged with facebook but my main email is xarantaura35@gmail.com
    Last edited by ara3030; Jun 01 2015 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ara3030 View Post
    I've played on and off for years and with all the updates I'm utterly lost. I have no ties to any guild and your guild sounds lovely. I'd gladly server transfer if i got into the guild. I've been on Gladden since I started playing many years ago. I logged with facebook but my main email is xarantaura35@gmail.com
    I saw your app on our kin website - thank you for visiting our site! If you want to start a baby toon to give Landroval and our kin a try, feel free. We have no requirements for levels or classes, and I know transferring is a big commitment. Not necessary to wait for me to be online to join, just seek any Officer who is online and he or she can help you. I'm looking forward to meeting you

*Pandothrien*
    Pandothrien

yeah i will make a baby toon and join later today. transferring is a no big commitment. I know one person on Gladden lol I added everyone I added everyone I could find and made a a new toon her name is Mimallor. I tried to play her but I just don't have any interest lol My hunter is my main toon and what I enjoy the most
    Last edited by ara3030; Jun 03 2015 at 12:34 AM.

*waves*
    I'm a level 16 Elf Champion on Landroval. I am torn between RP and non RP for a Kinship... I love to RP, but I'm not the most up to date (barely at all) regarding Tolkien, outside of the movies. On the other hand, I worry that really casual RP Kinships might not offer enough RP at all -
    Being that you are a mixed group, how much opportunity for RP is there? (I know it isn't listed as one of the attributes of this Kinship but saw mention of it on your website)

*Ellendhil of Lothlorien*

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast