We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Steed "previews"

I had posted a question to the LOTRO Reddit page and someone suggested I post it here. My idea was to have a "try-on" option for steeds in the same manner we have it for cosmetics at outfitters in Middle-Earth. A few have already pointed me in the direction of certain websites that outline festivals, the quests involved and of course their rewards (including steeds) and instructed me that a simple Google search could solve my problem. To which I've replied that making in game options more efficient seems harmless to me. So how about it, folks? I know if I'd seen the "steed of plenty" before I'd spent 120 farmer's faire tokens on it, I would certainly have thought better of it. No offense but that is a steed only a mother could love. And perhaps not even her.

They do have a "try on" thing for warsteed cosmetics--if you have a warsteed. But that's it. I agree, it would be nice to be able to see what they look like in-game (WITHOUT having to visit Hengstacer Farm for every festival to see the festival steeds there) but I do not see it happening in a hurry. :|
    Gimli's First Law of "Let's go!"

"Certainty of death? Small chance of success? What are we waiting for?"

Quote Originally Posted by Elym View Post
    They do have a "try on" thing for warsteed cosmetics--if you have a warsteed. But that's it. I agree, it would be nice to be able to see what they look like in-game (WITHOUT having to visit Hengstacer Farm for every festival to see the festival steeds there) but I do not see it happening in a hurry. :|
    The preview does not work for so called "premium" bundles. The store horses are not outfits, but the package grants an outfit. Therefore no preview is currently possible.

Also on german clients the preview for the other store outfits still does not work. I think that's because they use a "ä" in the classification and the store can't handle it.

Lightbulb

You can preview LOTRO steeds here: http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Mounts . Also, there are several websites that have lotro steeds collection.
    Is this Alternate Playable Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    You can preview LOTRO steeds here: http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Mounts . Also, there are several websites that have lotro steeds collection.
    In-game previews like cosmetics would save us all time... If you can do it with cosmetics, why not with a horse? /signed

(500th post! *pops bottle of root-beer*)
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

/signed

This would be awesome.
    Lethareth, the Celebratory

If it can be done without significant cost or time investment, I'm down for it as well.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

I'm a bit 'meh' on the idea. I would still likely use the web to view multiple available steeds at once instead of having to view each individually in a 'try it on' tool.

/signed. I'd like to see in-game what steeds look like before getting them.

Incidentally, the same holds true of housing decorations as well. I'd like to be able to see what I'm buying (or considering buying) on those before spending the tokens and setting it up at my house. At least they tend not to cost quite as much as the horses do, though.